Billy Graham Devotional

Dusty

Inactive
Billy Graham Devotional

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me" (Matthew 25:35-36, NIV).

--------------------------------------------------------------
A Word From Billy Graham
"How do we witness? By the way we live, by our love and kindness to our neighbors, to our friends. Jesus said, 'By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another' (John 13:35, NIV). We are to love everyone, and we witness that way. We can witness in many ways today. We have the opportunity to use modern technology to spread the message of Christ. In some places we cannot use all the technology, but we can use what we can and do what we can. But the most effective way to spread the Gospel is to live the Gospel and do good works, and people who see us will wonder what makes us different."

Servant Evangelism
"Showing the love of Jesus through deeds and kindness is what I call 'servant evangelism.' As I reach out with deeds of kindness to unbelievers, they become open to hearing what I have to say. I understand that evangelism seeds are planted through deeds of kindness. Sometimes I give away coffee, hot chocolate or soft drinks to weary shoppers. As those who don't yet know Christ are touched in practical, kind ways, they become curious. Often they ask me what I hope they will ask: 'So what do you believe anyway?' Instead of trying to make a big thing happen with each encounter, I take heart in the power of small things done with a servant's heart" (Steve Sjogren).

Prayer
Lord, thank You for demonstrating Your love to us. Help us to love others in the same way. Remind us that our actions and attitudes are a part of our witness to Christ. Show us simple ways in which we can witness to the love of Jesus. We pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

Back