Birds ..

Michael Collum

Inactive
Birds ..

Proverbs 6:5
Free yourself, like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like a bird from the snare of the fowler.

Proverbs 7:23
till an arrow pierces his liver, like a bird darting into a snare, little knowing it will cost him his life.

Ecclesiastes 10:20
Do not revile the king even in your thoughts, or curse the rich in your bedroom, because a bird of the air may carry your words, and a bird on the wing may report what you say.

Isaiah 46:11
From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do.

Jeremiah 12:9
Has not my inheritance become to me like a speckled bird of prey that other birds of prey surround and attack? Go and gather all the wild beasts; bring them to devour.

Jeremiah 15:3
"I will send four kinds of destroyers against them," declares the LORD, "the sword to kill and the dogs to drag away and the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth to devour and destroy.

Lamentations 3:52
Those who were my enemies without cause hunted me like a bird.

Ezekiel 13:20
" 'Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against your magic charms with which you ensnare people like birds and I will tear them from your arms; I will set free the people that you ensnare like birds.

Ezekiel 32:4
I will throw you on the land and hurl you on the open field. I will let all the birds of the air settle on you and all the beasts of the earth gorge themselves on you.

Ezekiel 39:4
On the mountains of Israel you will fall, you and all your troops and the nations with you. I will give you as food to all kinds of carrion birds and to the wild animals.

Ezekiel 39:17
"Son of man, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Call out to every kind of bird and all the wild animals: 'Assemble and come together from all around to the sacrifice I am preparing for you, the great sacrifice on the mountains of Israel. There you will eat flesh and drink blood.

Luke 8:5
"A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up.

Revelation 18:2
With a mighty voice he shouted: "Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great! She has become a home for demons and a haunt for every evil spirit, a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird.

Revelation 19:17
And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, "Come, gather together for the great supper of God,

Revelation 19:21
The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

Sooo .. what's with the birds? why are they getting such a negative connotation throughout scripture? Like i get a sense of naivety .. such as easily trapped or caught .. and blood thirsty .. hmm .. not sure ..

God loves birds .. yepp! so not sure why they're given this picture of being bad bad birds .

Matthew 6:26
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Yepp you're precious too! and like the bird God takes care of them .. and He really is going to take care of you . just trust Him!

But something about birds .. hmm . i wonder how we are like birds ... CFS? how are people like birds?

thankfully we have a new covenant.covenants get better over time,just some are still living in the dark ages.

Back