Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit..... Devotion

For a long time now I have wondered what it means to speak blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit has, through my pastor, helped me to know and understand His Word.

In
Mar 3:28 — Mar 3:30
Truly, I say to you, The sons of men will have forgiveness for all their sins and for all the evil words they say: But whoever says evil things against the Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but the evil he has done will be with him for ever: Because they said, He has an unclean spirit.

Jesus says that anyone who speaks blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is in big trouble! That the evil that one has spoken will be with them forever.

So what does this mean? If we look at the verses above the ones I have quoted (mark 3:22).. we see that the scribes were saying that Jesus came from beelzelbub the devil and that the things that He did was not of God, but of the devil....

Mark 3:22
Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit
And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, “He is possessed by Beelzebul,” and “by the prince of demons he casts out the demons.” (esv)

Mark 3:22
But the teachers of religious law who had arrived from Jerusalem said, “He’s possessed by Satan, the prince of demons. That’s where he gets the power to cast out demons.” (nlt)

And that is when Jesus spoke this. So we can discern that if we choose to say something anyone does is of the devil or says is of the devil or is blasphemy, and it's really from God, and is in the Bible, we are speaking against the Holy Spirit.

If we recognize that we have incorrectly judged someone or something we didn't or don't understand and that we assumed was not of God, we must immediately drop to our knees and repent (even if we get on our knees in our minds, because we cannot do it where we are), and as 1 John 1:9 says, He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and cleanse us of all unrignteousness. It's the only way to get clean of our judgement of another.

Mat 7:1 — Mat 7:2
Do Not Judge Others
7 “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.

Judging another person is dangerous ground. Judging God is even worse. And we should not just quickly dismiss it as we were not judging, but just saying. If we are honest with ourselves, we will repent.

God's abundant kingdom blessings to you all!

Back