body soul spirit

paul wrote And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. sanctify set apart made Holy .the body world awareness in romans 12 paul wrote present your body a living sacrifice HOLY and acceptable to GOD which is our reasonable service the our soul is the seat of all our emotions spirit GOD awareness walk in the spirit .. set apart 3 steps positional progressive and final we made it Home no more sinful nature

Watchman Nee addressed this relationship in his book "The Spiritual Man":

"And Jehovah God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" (Gen. 2.7 ASV). When God first created man He formed him of dust from the ground, and then breathed "the breath of life" into his nostrils. As soon as the breath of life, which became man's spirit, came into contact with man's body, the soul was produced. Hence the soul is the combination of man's body and spirit. The Scriptures therefore call man "a living soul." The breath of life became man's spirit; that is, the principle of life within him. The Lord Jesus tells us "it is the spirit that gives life" (John 6.63). This breath of life comes from the Lord of Creation. However, we must not confuse man's spirit with God's Holy Spirit. The latter differs from our human spirit. Romans 8.16 demonstrates their difference by declaring that "it is the Spirit himself bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God." The original of the word "life" in "breath of life" is chay and is in the plural. This may refer to the fact that the inbreathing of God produced a twofold life, soulical and spiritual. When the inbreathing of God entered man's body it became the spirit of man; but when the spirit reacted with the body the soul was produced. This explains the source of our spiritual and soulical lives. We must recognize, though, that this spirit is not God's Own life, for "the breath of the Almighty gives me life" (Job 33.4). It is not the entrance of the untreated life of God into man, neither is it that life of God which we receive at regeneration. What we receive at new birth is God's Own life as typified by the tree of life. But our human spirit, though permanently existing, is void of "eternal life."

"and man became a living soul" (Gen. 2.7 ASV)
this can be translated in several other ways:

and man became a living being. (NASB)
and the man became a living person. (NLT)
and the man became a living creature (ESV)

We need to be careful that we don't get into Greek philosophy !
Just a bit of a heads up

we must not confuse man's spirit with God's Holy Spirit.
our spirit is our soul which is where all our emotions and our personality comes from our Body is worldly awareness, in romans 12 pauls says present our Bodies a living sacrifice i feel a good analogy of this would be in Jesus statement take up our Cross and deny ourselves . 4 crosses in the Bible the two thieves cross the cross of Christ and then there is our Cross we spiritually nail our selves to.. gal 2:20 I AM crucified WITH CHRIST we are sanctified Wholly we are a work in progress being changed from glory to glory one step at a time. we all need that trip to the potters wheel

I would approach the teachings of Watchman Nee and his student Witness Lee with some degree of caution.
I agree. I read his "Sit, Walk, Stand" book on the Ephesians, Watchman seemed to shine there, then I Read his 3 volume weork in the Spiritual Man and then felt he got deep into the psychological weeds.

Back