Bolsover Castle

H

HolyGround

I have been inside the Castle twice - there's not much there as its pretty much a ruin now, however there are events hosted there frequently.
The photograph isn't mine but I like the winter shot - it is high up so it can be chilly. ;)

Reactions: Cturtle and Melizza
Aug 14, 2016
God’s Land
I have been inside the Castle twice - there's not much there as its pretty much a ruin now, however there are events hosted there frequently.
The photograph isn't mine but I like the winter shot - it is high up so it can be chilly. ;)
That's awesome. We don't have castles here so it's kind of a rare thing for us.

Funny thing, it's Winter here :p

H

HolyGround

That's awesome. We don't have castles here so it's kind of a rare thing for us.

Funny thing, it's Winter here :p
I see - we have a few historic attractions near us. We have Bolsover Castle, Sutton Hall, Hardwick Hall, Chatsworth House and more.
Chatsworth House is beautiful! :love:
The weather here today is like Winter. :LOL:

Reactions: Cturtle and Melizza
H

HolyGround

Wow :) pretty neat. It's abit like the palace/mansion where The Sound of Music movie was filmed lol.

I bet those historic places have different meanings/stories behind them?
There is - some of the stories are inspirational; some are a tale of greed and war.
There is plenty on information online if that interests you. :)
Our county, Derbyshire has a lot of history which I love.

Aug 14, 2016
God’s Land
There is - some of the stories are inspirational; some are a tale of greed and war.
There is plenty on information online if that interests you. :)
Our county, Derbyshire has a lot of history which I love.
So you're from GB?

Yes, I like reading up on History especially from the Bible :) but I've always thought that some castles (not all) hold that stigma of evil doings associated to them. Just my thinking and no offence ;)

Reactions: HolyGround
H

HolyGround

So you're from GB?

Yes, I like reading up on History especially from the Bible :) but I've always thought that some castles (not all) hold that stigma of evil doings associated to them. Just my thinking and no offence ;)
No offence taken, I know what you mean.
History is one of my favorite interests - I like old things. :p
I am from GB. :)

Reactions: Melizza
H

HolyGround

Ahhh. I'm live in New Zealand - not sure if you've heard of us? We're a small Nation off the Pacific Ocean.
Of course I know New Zealand, who doesn't? :D
I'm sure many don't - I have never been; is it nice?

Aug 14, 2016
God’s Land
Of course I know New Zealand, who doesn't? :D
I'm sure many don't - I have never been; is it nice?
You'd be surprised of how many people I've come across who don't know NZ even exists lol.

NZ is beautiful. Greenery, mountains, hills, the ocean. Unfortunately where I live, we don't get snow as often as the South Island of NZ :(

Reactions: HolyGround
H

HolyGround

You'd be surprised of how many people I've come across who don't know NZ even exists lol.

NZ is beautiful. Greenery, mountains, hills, the ocean. Unfortunately where I live, we don't get snow as often as the South Island of NZ :(
I'll have a look at some photos. :)

Apr 28, 2014
UK
Ahhh. I'm live in New Zealand - not sure if you've heard of us? We're a small Nation off the Pacific Ocean.
I (these days a very infrequent visitor) had a nice chat about your country with someone who used to post in a thread here once. Having been a follower of some ball games, I can name a few cricketers of whom I'd guess Richard Hadlee remains the best known and say I remember watching (on tv) Jonoh Lumu play rugby over here. That side is probably easy for some of us UKers... While I had seen wonderful pictures of the islands and have met a few people from your country, I didn't know for example of your lovely song Pokarekare Ana...

Beware of Bolsover btw. Rumour has it there is a beast there...