Book Of Job Again !! Satan Said, Job Will (bless) You To Your Face God????

MichaelH

Inactive
Book of Job again !! Satan said, Job will (Bless) you to your face God????

By: Me

Job is such an interesting book, (I know, so are the rest) Job for me though helps me as a minister. When meeting people that need help or comfort, Job is the acid test to see how well they know their Great Father in Heaven. The Lord God of Israel (And .... everything else)

I just ask them, "Tell me what you think happened to Job?" From their response it gives me a great place to start hearing the Holy Spirit for them and getting them in the right direction. There are no wrong or right answers. Just the answer that helps them is the right answer.

What a person believes about Job's problems, determines how well they Know God. After all, I can't help them, but I know who can. The key is to get this person to have the same trust or greater in God that you do. Without a person trusting in the Word of God, then all that is left to do is pray that God open their eyes to his vast love and power. Much like Paul prayed for his own people in Col, Eph, so on.

Now for you hard core bible students!

I just had this pointed out to me by the Holy Spirit the other day. I guess reading the book of Job over and over for years does not dictate you fathom the depth of God's Word. Like Paul said, we see through the glass darkly but know parts. (1Cor 13:12)

Satan said to God: If you put your hands on Job, Job will curse (Bless) you to your face.

But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse (Barak- Bless) thee to thy face.

(Job 1:11)

The word curse (Barak) could have been translated better. The word actually means to knell (root) and to bless.
The word was only translated as curse in Job and translated blessed (176) times. The Word actually means to bless back or one example was to bless God for all the good done to us. This came from reading over some studies on Hebrew about this ancient word.

nâqab= Curse
qâlal=Curse
'ârar=Curse

bârak=Bless, Blessed, Salute, Knell, Congratulate.

Satan used (Barak) which means Blessed or to Bless. It don't make sense, when the Holy Spirit has so many better Hebrew words to choose from.

If you touch Job, Satan said to God. Job will Bless you to your face.

That certainly messes with my theology. I am sure the translators did not know what to make of it so they just slapped the opposite meaning of what Barak meant.

Or did they?

The other words in Hebrew for Curse are very strong. Some mean to cause the curse, some mean to just say mean things back to someone. Barak is a word that means to knell and to bless, but it's not a strong action Verb in Hebrew. If you read all the times it was used, you find it really means to bless back, Salute back, acknowledge back in a positive way.

So why the heck Satan use it? Satan is a slimy one, so we have to keep an eye on that rascal. We know Satan could not have been up to any good, and we know Satan did not mean Job would do something positive back to God. Just knowing the devil, helps clear that up.

Here goes my theology, but scripture is scripture and scriptures win every single time.

What Satan was telling God is that Job will acknowledge back, or Salute you back for what you did to him.
In other words, Job would give God all the credit for the Murder of his kids, the burning up of his sheep, the Loss of all his other livestock and for making Job sick as a dog.

We know that God never agreed to such a deal and never put his hands on Job. So everything Satan said is null and void anyway. God never bought into it. God can't be tempted with evil anyway.

But Wait!!!!!! Michael!!!! God said Behold all Job has in your your power!!!

Yep, your right!! but it's not what you think and we are not covering that right now. Just a clue, there is no permissive Verb in Hebrew there. God made a statement of fact in response to Satan telling God to do his dirty work. (Maybe some other time we will cover the whole story)

The problem and help from the Holy Spirit!

Job makes a very stupid statement. However the Holy Spirit comes right in on Job's defense. We have Job speaking then a switch back to the Holy Spirit speaking. Job actually did what Satan said Job would do.

One more time.

Job actually did what Satan told God Job would do.

And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed (BARAK) be the name of the LORD.
(Job 1:21)

Job just gave credit to God for taking everything just like Satan said Job would. We know the gifts and callings of God are without repentance. God does not give and take it back. (Rom 11:29) Job is in error here.

Unfortunately that is not all Job said about God. No wonder God shows up and asked Job who is this that darkens my counsel with words that have no knowledge or wisdom. Elihu did try to warn Job though. Oh well..............

The next verse the Holy Spirit speaks up to clarify Job's statement about the Lord giving and the Lord taking away. Remember, Satan said Job would bless you to your face God or acknowledge in a blessing that you were the cause of his trouble.

In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.
(Job 1:22)

Job did charge God, did bless God back in a salute for taking it all away, but Job did not do it foolishly or frivolously.

Job actually believed that is just how God operates and meant no disrespect toward God because this is the revelation Job had about God at the time. Job did not know God as the God of love, but the God that you best obey or get clobbered.

Job never called on God for help. Not one time. Elihu pointed this out to Job. In Job's mind, since Job did no wrong and God does not clobber those that do no wrong, then God has to answer back as to why God clobbered Job.

His 3 friends felt that God only clobbers the bad, so since Job got a good clobber'in, then Job must have done bad somehow.

Job and his 3 friends all were wrong! Elihu (the youngest) was the only one that spoke correctly on God's behalf.

God had absolutely nothing to do with what happened to Job! As Elihu said, God won't pervert his own Judgement or (Word) just for Job.

Elihu:
Therefore hearken unto me, ye men of understanding: far be it from God, that he should do wickedness; and from the Almighty, that he should commit iniquity. For the work of a man shall he render unto him, and cause every man to find according to his ways.

(Job 34:10-11)

There you have it, Job did something to give the devil a place.

Yea, surely God will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert judgment.
(Job 34:12)

Our God would never give the devil permission to murder a mans children that served him. That would be wicked. If God had stopped Satan, then according to Elihu (The Word) God would have perverted Judgement and not allow Job to have according to his ways.

I am sure most of you know what Job did, so I won't get into that. We see that Job did do what Satan said he would, but God never put his hands on Job to make the deal valid and Job did it out of ignorance. Where there is no law, sin is not imputed upon a man (person)

Something interesting to share from the Book of Job!

Everyone stay encouraged in the Lord. Don't let the devil steal your joy

Back