Book recommendations for a Secular Humanist?

I don't know if it's just because I haven't been paying attention or possibly because of glitches in the site's software upgrade, but I haven't noticed this post before. I don't spend much time on apologetics (my plate is already plenty full :)) so I don't have a list offhand to recommend. You might try Lee Stroebel's The Case for Christ, if I remember the title right, and Josh McDowell has authored a couple books you may find useful. Hopefully, some of the other members here can recommend something. In the meantime, I'll do a little digging and see if I can suggest some others.

The Josh McDowell book that my brain refused to remember before was "Evidence That Demands a Verdict." He also wrote "More Than a Carpenter" but it's been so long since I read the latter that I don't know if it will be helpful to you or not. Man, get distracted with the mundane chores of life and before you know it, decades have gone by.

If you're still with us, Dave, I finally got some more recommendations from a buddy of mine on another site.

1. 'Why I don't have Enough Faith to be an Atheist' by Norm Geisler and Frank Turek.
2. The Debate between Norm Geisler and Paul Kurtz about Secular Humanism.
---http://apologetics315.blogspot.com/2008/08/norman-geisler-vs-paul-kurtz-debate-mp3.html
3. 'Christianity: The True Humanism' by Thomas Howard
4. A really good book on Archaeology. (My Recommendation 'The Stones Cry Out')
5. 'There Is a God: How the World's Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind' by Anthony Flew
6. Lee Strobel's 'A Case for a Creator'

Back