By Reputation Only

Monday, June 16, 2014, 5:50 a.m. – The Lord Jesus put this song in mind:

Give God the Glory / An Original Work
Based off Psalm 19 / March 10, 2014

All of creation now proclaims:
“Give God the glory; honor His name!”
Each day the stars in heav’n above
Show forth His wisdom; tell of His love.

They do not speak. They have no voice.
Yet, they declare we have a choice:
“Worship the God of heav’n above;
Believe in Jesus; trust in His love.”

…Praying You keep me, Lord, from sins.
May they not rule my life again.
Then will I walk in all Your ways,
Following Jesus all of my days.

http://originalworks.info/give-god-the-glory/

You Are Dead

“To the angel of the church in Sardis write:

These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars.I know your deeds;you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.

What does it mean to be dead? It means to be deprived (robbed) of life (soul; vivacity; readiness; willingness); inanimate (inactive; apathetic; lethargic); resembling (having the appearance of) death; bereft (deprived) of sensation (feeling; awareness; discernment); numb (asleep; unconcerned) (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dead). Since the next sentence calls for them to wake up and to strengthen what remains and is about to die, I would suggest that “dead” does not mean completely dead, but just mostly dead; a little bit alive. In other words, the church had a reputation of being spiritually alive and active in the Spirit, walking with the Lord, living holy lives pleasing to God, and obeying his teachings, yet they were actually inactive in their spiritual walks with the Lord, apathetic about their relationships with Jesus Christ, and lethargic about following Christ and his teachings.

So, how did the church get this way? – Little by little they allowed the teachings of humans to usurp the teachings of Christ and those of the apostles. Gradually, and over time, they accepted more and more of the world’s thinking, reasoning, philosophies and practices to creep into the church and into its way of doing things. They replaced the teaching of God’s word with books written by men. They substituted true worship of God with showcases and entertainment disguised as worship in order to draw the world into the “worship” services. They diluted the gospel of Jesus Christ to make it more pleasing, acceptable and palatable to the people of the world. They bought into lies that told them that they were to blend in with the world (culture) around them so as to “reach” the people, and so they would not be such an offense to the world. They also bought into the lie that tells them that God’s grace makes allowances for their sins and that it requires nothing of them whatsoever. Yet, Jesus died that we would no longer live for ourselves but for him who gave his life up for us.

Wake Up!

Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God.Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent.

The church I am talking about here is not the church of Sardis, though, but the church of today in America. It is mostly dead, i.e. it is a little bit alive, but it is about to die. It has a reputation of being alive, though not necessarily spiritually alive, but rather of being enthusiastic, fun, entertaining, accepting, tolerant, non-judgmental, casual, non-threatening, and authentic. And, some people confuse that with being spiritually alive. Yet, because the church, for the most part, has blended in with the world, society, and the culture around them, in order to fit in and to not stand out, so that they can “reach” the people of this world - but for what? - they have become insensitive to the voice of the Spirit, not discerning about sinful thoughts, attitudes and behaviors, and unconcerned for the people of this world who are lost and dying in their sins without hope of salvation.

So, Jesus is calling out to his church, and not just in America, but everywhere the church has gone to sleep (has become spiritually inactive and apathetic), and he is saying “Wake Up!” “Pay attention!” “Listen to Me!” He is calling out to his church to get back to the basics, i.e. to the foundation of the apostles and the prophets, and to the Word of God, and to the spreading of the gospel of salvation as taught by Jesus and the apostles. He is saying to us to stop putting our trust in humans and in humanistic philosophy, man-made religion, teachings of humans, and business marketing schemes and techniques for how to grow our churches, etc. He is asking for us to be discerning about what we believe and follow, and to do so by testing what we see and hear against the Word of Truth, and in prayer via the witness of the Spirit in our hearts. He is saying for us to throw off everything that hinders (our spiritual walks), and the sin that so easily entangles us, so that we can run with perseverance the race marked out for us by God himself. He wants to revive his church!

Like a Thief (Taken in part from Things Are Heating Up, November 20, 2013)

But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief,and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

None of us knows the day or the hour of the coming of the Lord, but what we do know is that Jesus Christ will not return for us until the “rebellion occurs” and “the man of lawlessness” is revealed. This is what scripture teaches. Exactly how he will be revealed it doesn’t say, but I believe we will know it when we see it, because “He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.” So, what exactly does this mean? Remember that God’s temple is now the body of Christ, the true church. And, proclaiming himself to be God may not be literal, but figurative, i.e. this could have to do with him taking the rightful position of God/Christ in the church as the head of the church, which is, by the way, what the church has allowed via the 501c3 status underneath the authority of the U.S. government, but that is just in the US, not in the world as a whole.

A “rebellion” is “an organized attempt to overthrow a government, or other authority, by the use of violence” (Encarta). Now, I know that rebellions have been going on for generations. Yet, let me share with you what the Lord Jesus is showing me here. The US and their allies and the global elites of this world have been plotting the takeover of the world for some time now. And, they have systematically been taking down the governments of nations one at a time for several years now via false flag operations, man-made disasters/storms, orchestrated uprisings and internal conflicts within nations; and via the killing of innocents and Christ’s true servants and witnesses, and blaming others for their dirty work. We can’t trust anything they say or anything we read or hear in the mainstream media these days. This recent chain of events in Iraq, for instance, is the working of this New World Order.

The US is meeting again this week with Iran in Vienna, supposedly to negotiate Iran’s nuclear program, i.e. to try to get Iran to cease with moving forward with their nuclear activities and ambitions, yet I believe the US/N.W.O. is moving ahead in this area. Nearly every time the Lord has shown me anything related to our negotiations with Iran he has shown me that what we blame Iran of doing is really what we are doing. Last November the Lord gave me a picture that these meetings are really about stopping the progression of the gospel of Jesus Christ from spreading, i.e. the goal is to stop the proselytization of the gospel, and it is about the murdering of those who are spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ, because we (and the gospel) are the biggest threat to Satan’s kingdom. And, the goal of the UN is to make the nations of this world bow to the rise of the New World Order Beast to global power, and to do so through threats of and violence against people and nations, and also targeting Christ’s true servants and witnesses – “those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus” (See Rev. 6:9; 12:11, 17; 17:6; 19:10; 20:4).

Imagine with me the world of politics as a gigantic chess board. This New World Order Beast is coming into power, so for the N.W.O. to truly rule the entire earth, the opponent’s chess pieces must either be removed, taken out, or blocked from moving any further, if I understand the game correctly (I am not a chess player). The pieces are moved around on the board until all are in position and then “checkmate,” i.e. the total defeat of the kings of the world so that we are all brought underneath this one world government. And, that is what is going on presently. They will remove anyone who stands in the way of their rise to power or who presents a threat to them in any way. Many stories we read in the news, blamed on other people, are really stories of the “0pponents’s chess pieces” being removed or blocked from any further moves. And, this includes the murdering of Christians in an attempt to halt the advancement of the gospel of Jesus Christ, but that is futile. As well, they create stories to cover for their dirty work, even by blaming the dead for acts they did not commit. This calls for much wisdom and spiritual discernment.

Walk in White

Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes.They will walk with me, dressed in white,for they are worthy.The one who is victoriouswill, like them, be dressed in white.I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life,but will acknowledge that name before my Fatherand his angels.Whoever has ears, let them hearwhat the Spirit says to the churches.

The church in the US still has some life left in it, though. We still have people here who have not compromised with the world and with a diluted gospel and with man-made religion overriding the Word of Truth and riding over top Jesus Christ as the true head of the church. They are faithful followers of Jesus Christ, committed to their Lord, who listen to his voice, and who follow him wherever he leads them. They have come out from the world and have separated themselves from the sinful practices of this world, and are set apart to Christ and to his service. They live by faith in Jesus Christ and walk in the Spirit by his grace. The Word of Truth is what they follow, and not the teachings of humans. They follow the true gospel of salvation as taught by the apostles, and not the diluted version created by man. They have the hope of eternal life with God in heaven, and they walk in Christ’s purity, righteousness and holiness – all in the power and working of the Spirit within them.

The church in America needs to strengthen this life that remains, turn from her sins of spiritual apathy and lethargy, and hold fast to the Word of Truth, for the time is short.

ONLY IN HIM / An Original Work / February 19, 2014

Based off Isaiah 30

Woe to those who look to man’s help;
Who turn away from Jesus Christ;
Forming an alliance not in step with God;
Making their own plans, and praying not.

Willing not to listen to truth,
They close their ears to what is right.
Pleasing words are all that they’ll hear;
Feel good messages that bring cheer.

Trust in your Lord; turn from your sin.
Put your faith now ONLY IN HIM.
Do not turn to idols. They’ll not satisfy.
Jesus will save you. That’s why He died.

Your Lord will be gracious to you.
He cares all about you, ‘tis true.
He forgives you all of your sin
When you give your life up to Him.

Oh, how truly gracious He’ll be
When you bow to Him on your knees;
Turning now from your sin; walking in his ways.
He’ll lead and guide you all of your days.

Now you will sing praises to Him.
He delivered you from your sin.
You’ll tell others now of His grace,
So they may see Christ face-to-face.

http://originalworks.info/only-in-him/

Back