Calvinism - the T.U.L.I.P. Part 2

Calvinism - the T.U.L.I.P. Part 2

:)Arminianism and Calvinism beliefs have been debated for over 200 years. I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle.

This post will only cover the U. in T.U.L.I.P.

Calvinism - Unconditional Election
God's choice of certain individuals unto salvation before the foundation of the world rested solely in His own sovereign will. His choice of particular sinners was not based on any foreseen response of obedience on their part, such as faith, repentance, etc. On the contrary, God gives faith and repentance to each individual whom He selected. These acts are the result, not the cause of God's choice. Election therefore was not determined by or conditioned upon any virtuous quality or act foreseen in man. Those whom God sovereignly elected He brings through the power of the Spirit to a willing acceptance of Christ. Thus God's choice of the sinner, not the sinner's choice of Christ, is the ultimate cause of salvation.

Arminianism - Conditional Election

God's choice of certain individuals unto salvation before the foundation of the world was based upon His foreseeing that they would respond to His call. He selected only those whom He knew would of themselves freely believe the gospel. Election therefore was determined by or conditioned upon what man would do. The faith which God foresaw and upon which He based His choice was not given to the sinner by God (it was not created by the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit) but resulted solely from man's will. It was left entirely up to man as to who would believe and therefore as to who would be elected unto salvation. God chose those whom He knew would, of their own free will, choose Christ. Thus the sinner's choice of Christ, not God's choice of the sinner, is the ultimate cause of salvation

Predestined Election

God's choice of certain groups of individuals was done before the foundation of the world. The two groups are: His chosen for a special purpose, the ones that play a specific part in his plan for the ages. These are people like Moses, Abraham, the disciples, the writers of scripture, etc. The people in this group were listed by name. Election to this group is unconditional. The second group is the rest of us. This group includes: the remnant of Israel, (Rev 7:4-8), and the great multitude, (Rev. 7:9-10). Election to this group is conditional and continues until He returns for His church.
:)
Sleep Sound in Jesus and may God Bless,
Gracebwithu

Back