Can You Do It Alone? (Lesson - Teaching) Mark Chapter 6

Hello you, and here is something interesting that has been made known to me after being taught, also by simply paying attention to what is going on in this scene and picture that is being present to you.

Mark Chapter 6

45 Immediately Jesus made his disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to Bethsaida, while he dismissed the crowd. 46 After leaving them, he went up on a mountainside to pray.​
Jesus had just finished after feeding the 5,000 people who had been traveling around with Him and his disciples and is now telling the disciples. Go ahead and head onward across the lake in the boat and cross over to Bethsaida. Jesus was going to stay and dismiss the crowd, after saying good bye and leaving. Jesus went up on a mountainside to pray.
47 Later that night, the boat was in the middle of the lake, and he was alone on land. 48 He saw the disciples straining at the oars, because the wind was against them. Shortly before dawn he went out to them, walking on the lake. He was about to pass by them, 49 but when they saw him walking on the lake, they thought he was a ghost. They cried out, 50 because they all saw him and were terrified.​

Later on that night, the disciples were rowing across the middle of the lake, and Jesus was alone one land. From that distance Jesus seen the disciples having trouble and straining to make it across the lake as the wind pushed against them. It was dark, and pretty soon day break would come. Jesus went out to the disciples walking on the lake, almost passing them. The disciples seen the (light) that came from Jesus Christ, and thought ah! It is a ghost! They were terrified, and cried out.

This is a picture of mans effort. Trying to push against the world (in this case the lake waters, and the wind) pushing them back, making no progression. The Lord seen the disciples and what effort the men has been placing to get across the lake. Then walked up upon them surprising them, it was in the dark, and it was pitch black out there until Jesus Christ showed up.
Immediately he spoke to them and said, “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” 51 Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. They were completely amazed, 52 for they had not understood about the loaves; their hearts were hardened.​
After Jesus Christ was close enough to them, He spoke, take courage! It is Me, do not be afraid. Then He climbed into the boat with them and the wind died down. They were completely amazed, and they still did not understand about the loaves; for their hearts were still not understanding and were hardened.

This is a picture of what happens when we place our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, we can take courage and not be afraid, and the winds and the waters of life on earth calm down by setting our sights on heavenly things instead as this world is just but a temporary place we will live on, and God desires for us to have peace in our lives, though troubles and trails do come. You are to look and place your eyes upon the Lord Jesus Christ which is a choice made daily, to have rest and comfort for your soul.
53 When they had crossed over, they landed at Gennesaret and anchored there. 54 As soon as they got out of the boat, people recognized Jesus. 55 They ran throughout that whole region and carried the sick on mats to wherever they heard he was. 56 And wherever he went—into villages, towns or countryside—they placed the sick in the marketplaces. They begged him to let them touch even the edge of his cloak, and all who touched it were healed.​
After this all happened, they went on and landed in the land of Gennesaret where the Lord Jesus Christ had been heard of, and people had took the sick, and weak to him, and they desired to be healed even by just the touching of the edge of his cloak.

Similar to the woman who suffered a 12 year blood problem who touched the robe of Jesus Christ and was restored and filled.

(The Loaves parable is also a picture of how we are spiritually filled by the Lord Jesus Christ because he is the bread of life.)

If there is anything else you would like to add please feel free to do so!

God bless and take care.

That reminded me of when Peter who was given the faith of Christ or labor of love. . . a supernatural work using the temporal seen to show us his unseen power . The commandment Peter “if it be the will of the father” walk come forward .The father as lord having supernaturally changed the gravity so that Peter could not sink. Peter rather than abiding in the still small voice reacted to the thunder and lightning again he sank to show his faithlessness.. . without Christ.

Matthew 14:28And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

Peter getting the eye of his new born again heart off Jesus. . . . sunk .. . just like when he got his eyes off Jesus and on John in jealously in John 21 and went to town and started; “I heard it through the grape vine” as an oral traditions of the fathers.

Jesus informs us if every time he had to dispel the lies of the oral traditions of men that we would need a bigger planet to store the things he could of written down .One example should be enough for one to not go above that which is written.

In that way a picture of the resurection. The sea (salt) used to represent the spirit of judgment. . . rising above the spirit of judgnment

Last edited:
Hello you, and here is something interesting that has been made known to me after being taught, also by simply paying attention to what is going on in this scene and picture that is being present to you.

Mark Chapter 6

45 Immediately Jesus made his disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to Bethsaida, while he dismissed the crowd. 46 After leaving them, he went up on a mountainside to pray.​
Jesus had just finished after feeding the 5,000 people who had been traveling around with Him and his disciples and is now telling the disciples. Go ahead and head onward across the lake in the boat and cross over to Bethsaida. Jesus was going to stay and dismiss the crowd, after saying good bye and leaving. Jesus went up on a mountainside to pray.
47 Later that night, the boat was in the middle of the lake, and he was alone on land. 48 He saw the disciples straining at the oars, because the wind was against them. Shortly before dawn he went out to them, walking on the lake. He was about to pass by them, 49 but when they saw him walking on the lake, they thought he was a ghost. They cried out, 50 because they all saw him and were terrified.​

Later on that night, the disciples were rowing across the middle of the lake, and Jesus was alone one land. From that distance Jesus seen the disciples having trouble and straining to make it across the lake as the wind pushed against them. It was dark, and pretty soon day break would come. Jesus went out to the disciples walking on the lake, almost passing them. The disciples seen the (light) that came from Jesus Christ, and thought ah! It is a ghost! They were terrified, and cried out.

This is a picture of mans effort. Trying to push against the world (in this case the lake waters, and the wind) pushing them back, making no progression. The Lord seen the disciples and what effort the men has been placing to get across the lake. Then walked up upon them surprising them, it was in the dark, and it was pitch black out there until Jesus Christ showed up.
Immediately he spoke to them and said, “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” 51 Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. They were completely amazed, 52 for they had not understood about the loaves; their hearts were hardened.​
After Jesus Christ was close enough to them, He spoke, take courage! It is Me, do not be afraid. Then He climbed into the boat with them and the wind died down. They were completely amazed, and they still did not understand about the loaves; for their hearts were still not understanding and were hardened.

This is a picture of what happens when we place our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, we can take courage and not be afraid, and the winds and the waters of life on earth calm down by setting our sights on heavenly things instead as this world is just but a temporary place we will live on, and God desires for us to have peace in our lives, though troubles and trails do come. You are to look and place your eyes upon the Lord Jesus Christ which is a choice made daily, to have rest and comfort for your soul.
53 When they had crossed over, they landed at Gennesaret and anchored there. 54 As soon as they got out of the boat, people recognized Jesus. 55 They ran throughout that whole region and carried the sick on mats to wherever they heard he was. 56 And wherever he went—into villages, towns or countryside—they placed the sick in the marketplaces. They begged him to let them touch even the edge of his cloak, and all who touched it were healed.​
After this all happened, they went on and landed in the land of Gennesaret where the Lord Jesus Christ had been heard of, and people had took the sick, and weak to him, and they desired to be healed even by just the touching of the edge of his cloak.

Similar to the woman who suffered a 12 year blood problem who touched the robe of Jesus Christ and was restored and filled.

(The Loaves parable is also a picture of how we are spiritually filled by the Lord Jesus Christ because he is the bread of life.)

If there is anything else you would like to add please feel free to do so!

God bless and take care.

Good lesson! I would only add something that you and others may never had thought about.

From Mark 6:45, the very 1st Scripture in these Scriptures you posted notice this.............
" Immediately Jesus made his disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to Bethsaida."

What is my point you ask?????

It is just this......there was never ever a chance that the boat the disciples got into was not going to make it across the lake.

God said........"Get in THAT boat and go across to Bethsaida".

The boat HAD to get to Bethsaida because God said it was!

Good lesson! I would only add something that you and others may never had thought about. From Mark 6:45, the very 1st Scripture in these Scriptures you posted notice this............." Immediately Jesus made his disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to Bethsaida."
What is my point you ask????? It is just this......
there was never ever a chance that the boat the disciples got into was not going to make it across the lake.
God said........"Get in THAT boat and go across to Bethsaida". The boat HAD to get to Bethsaida because God said it was!

To add to the point, after Jesus instructed the disciples to get into the boat and go on to Bethsaida, He had to go away and pray. Because from the title Can You Do It Alone, they couldn't and became terrified. That's the prayer and love of Jesus who calmed their fears.

To add to the point, after Jesus instructed the disciples to get into the boat and go on to Bethsaida, He had to go away and pray. Because from the title Can You Do It Alone, they couldn't and became terrified. That's the prayer and love of Jesus who calmed their fears.
I like that. I would add that knowing and being
able to do is two totally different things. The
trying of our faith in Him comes in many forms
and we must be ready and willing to take even
a plunge if necessary but always relying that
regardless of how things turn out we can always
plead "Jesus, I did what You told me to do."
Using our brains in faith is usually more of
hinderance.

I like that. I would add that knowing and being able to do is two totally different things. The trying of our faith in Him comes in many forms and we must be ready and willing to take even a plunge if necessary but always relying that regardless of how things turn out we can always plead "Jesus, I did what You told me to do." Using our brains in faith is usually more of hinderance.

Hey, Sam;

In my personal walk in faith I can relate to both your statements.

Thank you for sharing, brother.

Jesus praying alone I believe would represent us going into the closet. And pray without the witness of men. . . as the witness of two working together. The witness of God The father and Son .

Praying with the witness of men can ease one anxiety but ultimately no strength to turn can come from it unless God moves the person .

It’s like Zoom today used in many situations to help the anxieties of being separated.

The witness of God is greater because it is his witness. No reward from the witnes of men

Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Back