carefull what u pray for

Once upon a time,
there was a divorced woman,
and I felt very sorry for her because she was getting on in years about 30 to 40
and had no husband or kids,
so I prayed for her, not up close but in my own prayers,
anyway within that year or the following, I don't know, maybe it was a prophetic prayer,
she had a one night stand and became pregnant, or maybe it was multinight stand I don't know,
but she didn't know she became pregnant
till one day she was having lunch in her car and out it came, the baby, it happens,
she had to use a scissors from the glove box to cut the cord and then get help,
she spent a couple of days in hospital, or so I heard.
She loves that little boy like gold, I think he is the centre of her universe.
but I sure won't pray that prayer again, let them pray themselves.

I am not a fan of this way of thinking, blaming yourself for some troubles just because you prayed.
If I would start to think this way, I would have to almost stop praying. If I want to change something by a prayer, there is always some “danger” that things will happen differently than I suppose (but they will happen differently even without praying). I trust in God and His love.

Romans 8:26-27New King James Version (NKJV)
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us[a] with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Had a prayer session with my friends in tongues. A few hours down my friend lost her cousin, then 2 days later her dad, then about 3 other family members.

That week they had so many funerals they couldn't attend all, - they had to split themselves as in one goes here etc.

For years I blamed myself and in fact stopped praying in tongues, till I got a kick from bible school leader.

"who are you to tell God the outcome? Yours is just to pray. Pride is thinking we have control or things happen because of us" and no sir, its ONLY because of God why all things work that way.

I was free that day :)

Had a prayer session with my friends in tongues. A few hours down my friend lost her cousin, then 2 days later her dad, then about 3 other family members.

That week they had so many funerals they couldn't attend all, - they had to split themselves as in one goes here etc.

For years I blamed myself and in fact stopped praying in tongues, till I got a kick from bible school leader.

"who are you to tell God the outcome? Yours is just to pray. Pride is thinking we have control or things happen because of us" and no sir, its ONLY because of God why all things work that way.

I was free that day :)

Can you say set up... lol :)

Sounds like the devil fed you a lie, to keep you from praying and speaking God's anointed Words. You and I are His mouthpiece and the mysteries of Heaven are received and spoken by His Children.. and the principalities and angels get it from us. (Ephesians 3:10)

Glad The Holy Spirit set you free from the enemy's lies

Blessings

Can you say set up... lol :)

Sounds like the devil fed you a lie, to keep you from praying and speaking God's anointed Words. You and I are His mouthpiece and the mysteries of Heaven are received and spoken by His Children.. and the principalities and angels get it from us. (Ephesians 3:10)

Glad The Holy Spirit set you free from the enemy's lies

Blessings

Thank you and how are you Cturtle :)

Indeed. In bible school this week I learned that we only have 2 offensive weapons - The Word and Praying in the Spirit.

It was a ploy!

Thank you and how are you Cturtle :)

Indeed. In bible school this week I learned that we only have 2 offensive weapons - The Word and Praying in the Spirit.

It was a ploy!

Doing well thanks... like you Father has us going deeper in Him, and Learning, learning, learning =)

The other big offensive weapon we have is taking every thought captive (2 Corinthians 10:5) and making it obedient to the Word. And casting down imaginations. If we will do this... we will be further ahead in our walk. Along with meditation of/on the Word to feed our spirits, so that we are strong. :)

Back