Caution....

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND [Jesus] said to His disciples, Temptations (snares, traps set to entice to sin) are sure to come, but woe to him by or through whom they come! It would be more profitable for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were hurled into the sea than that he should cause to sin or be a snare to one of these little ones [lowly in rank or influence].Luke 17:1‭-‬2 AMPC

Romans 14:23b (easy english).... whatever things we do, we must be sure about them. We must be sure that they are right. If we are not sure about something, then it is wrong for us to do it.
In the amplified, it says that this person (the one committing the sin or going against his convictions) stands condemned before God, because he is not true to his convictions, and he does not act from faith. For whatever does not originate and proceed from faith is sin [whatever is done without a conviction of its approval by God is sinful.

So help each other every day to go on believing. Do that each day, because the word ‘today’ means ‘now’ for us. Then none of you will want to refuse God because of wrong things. We can tell ourselves that wrong things are not very bad. But if we do wrong things, we are fools. Hebrews 3:13.. easy english

As I was listening to my pastor preach, he said something that I believe the Holy Spirit made stand out... he said that if someone is believing/standing in faith for something (something that is a promise from God's Word), and another person comes and tells them that what they are believing for will never happen, and thus causes that person to loose their faith... the person who told them that what they are believing for will never happen will be held responsible for causing that person to sin.

As I prayed in the spirit, the Holy Spirit brought to my heart/mind the above verses.

We are to be people who fan the flames of faith and joy. In other words to encourage one another (Hebrews 3:13) that what the Bible says is true, and that God keeps His Word. So if He has promised it, then we will receive it if we believe (John 11:40).

Blessings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back