Cheesy Corn Bread
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, corn, sour cream and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1 cup cheese and jalapenos.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.