Chicken Fried Rice Recipe

shineyourlight8

Sr Encourager Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
I was on vacation this week visiting my parents and I made them some Chicken Fried Rice. It was delicious and it served four people. We finished it in 2 days!

Obviously prepare everything before you start cooking. Especially the rice and the eggs, so when the recipe calls for you to mix everything, the rice and the eggs will be ready! :)

Serves: 4 (serving size 1 1/2 cups)
Calories: 407 per serving
Hands on: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes

(But it took me a bit longer! I would say give yourself an hour and a half)

Ingredients:
2 tbs dark sesame oil
1 tbs canola oil
1 cup chopped carrot
1 cup coarsely chopped broccoli florets
1 cup diced skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
1 cup frozen petite green peas
2/3 cup sliced green onions (4 green onions), divided
2 garlic cloves, minced (I used garlic minced from a bottle. I used two tablespoons for this)
1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
3 cups cooked long-grain brown rice, chilled
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preparation:
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oils; swirl to coat. Add carrot and broccoli; stir-fry 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken, peas, 1/2 cup onions, garlic, and ginger. Stir-fry 2 minutes or until onions are tender. Add rice; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium.

2. Push rice mixture to 1 side of pan (I actually just cooked the eggs in a different skillet because there was no room for the eggs to be able to fit!); add eggs to opposite side of pan. Cook, without stirring, for 10 seconds. Cook, stirring frequently, 2 additional minutes or until eggs are scrambled. Stir in soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Serve immediately.

10596801_10152144109596887_1699266486_o.jpg

Back