Child-Like Faith

5/24/11: I was sitting at the keyboard with my one year old grandson. He was playing and I was playing. Then he pushed one of those rhythm buttons on the keyboard, so I began playing a melody to fit with the rhythm. I told my grandson that I should write a song about him, and then the Lord brought to mind this passage about how we need to come to him with the humility and faith of a child if we want to enter the kingdom of heaven. So, this is not just speaking about literal children, but it is speaking about those who come to the Lord with that child-like faith. If we welcome such as these, we welcome the Lord Jesus.

Yet, if we lead one of Jesus' followers, who have come to him in humility with a child-like faith, to sin against God, then we are in serious trouble with God, because he is very protective of those who are his. As well, he does not want any of us to be lead in to sin, so he asks us to examine our hearts and lives to see what might be leading us to sin. Then we are to rid ourselves of those things that are causing us to stumble, so that we can walk in child-like faith and obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Child-like Faith / An Original Work / May 24, 2011
Based off of Matthew 18:1-9

Child-like faith He requires of us all:
“Who is greatest in God’s Kingdom?”
“Unless you change and humble yourselves,
His Kingdom you will never enter.”

“Whoever welcomes a little child
Like this in My name, he welcomes Me.
If you cause a believer to sin,
You stand in danger of God’s judgment.”

“Grief to you ‘cause of what causes sin.
Grief to the man through whom these things come.
If some part of you leads you to sin,
Throw it off, and never give in.”

We often forget that the "Faith like a child" is the faith that believes because it is true... Not because we hope to gain some sort of advantage, tradition, heritage, profession benefits us publicly, or because we have reasoned that "Faith" is a better choice than not.....

We also forget that "The faith of a child" is the faith that is inseparable from action... Kids DO what they believe.... They DO what they profess... You better be sure you can catch your kid before you tell him "Jump to me" - because he is GOING to jump if you tell him to..... Luke 6:46, John 14:21-24

Thanks

We often forget that the "Faith like a child" is the faith that believes because it is true... Not because we hope to gain some sort of advantage, tradition, heritage, profession benefits us publicly, or because we have reasoned that "Faith" is a better choice than not.....

We also forget that "The faith of a child" is the faith that is inseparable from action... Kids DO what they believe.... They DO what they profess... You better be sure you can catch your kid before you tell him "Jump to me" - because he is GOING to jump if you tell him to..... Luke 6:46, John 14:21-24

Thanks

Thanks
The problem is they jump without you having to tell them to, even when you aren't looking. :) They do this, because they have gotten used to doing it with you, and so they just assume you are looking, and that you are expecting them to jump. I have 4 kids and 12 (nearly 13) grandchildren, so I speak from lots of years of experience. I imagine there is a spiritual lesson in there, as well. Child-like faith does what it knows to do, even without thinking about whether God is watching or not, and without having to be told to do it, because it has become a pattern of a way of life, and it just believes God will be there to catch, even when it may not see he is ready to catch. It just knows, and it believes, and so it acts on what it knows, believes, and has previously experienced.

Back