Christians Disallow to Praying in Balaraja, Tangerang, Indonesia (Christian Persecution in Indonesia)

Christian worship activities in Balaraja, Tangerang, Indonesia were disbanded by Muslim residents.

The activity has been running for more than 2 years. Previously, he had asked permission from local Islamic religious leaders. However, on March 17 2024, the RT head and local residents protested the Christian activities and forced the activities to stop. The reason their residents feel disturbed. When asked what the problem was, they didn't answer.

When asked for information, the police revealed that "Christians without coercion stopped their activities forever".
Despite the fact, Christians in that location were under intimidation by the masses.

In Indonesia, there are many areas where building churches is made difficult by both the local government and local Muslim residents. There are even areas where just by praying and singing at home, Muslims will come and ban it.

Source:

Hello pelihat;

We'll continue to lift up prayers for our brothers and sisters who are spreading the Gospel in Indonesia.

Persecution has been going on for many years there. 24 years ago an Indonesian Baptist Church partnered with our Church. Four of the members had only been in the United States for a short time.

They were disciples but were also musicians. They recorded a praise and worship CD and it circulated around the world. When news of this reached their families in Indonesia it gave them hope. Their 4 family Indonesians were able to relocate to the SF Bay Area and continue the Gospel, as well as sharing their testimony to Americans, including my wife and I.

Today these 4 have grown in the Church and are now helping their families and fellow believers back home in Indonesian. Every little bit helps soften the blow.

Persecution is happening around the world but this won't thwart the plans of our God. Let the unbelievers who curse Christianity beware. Christ will have His day.

God bless
you, pelihat, and thank you for your thread (Christian Persecution in Indonesia) helps us know what to pray for.

Hello pelihat;

We'll continue to lift up prayers for our brothers and sisters who are spreading the Gospel in Indonesia.

Persecution has been going on for many years there. 24 years ago an Indonesian Baptist Church partnered with our Church. Four of the members had only been in the United States for a short time.

They were disciples but were also musicians. They recorded a praise and worship CD and it circulated around the world. When news of this reached their families in Indonesia it gave them hope. Their 4 family Indonesians were able to relocate to the SF Bay Area and continue the Gospel, as well as sharing their testimony to Americans, including my wife and I.

Today these 4 have grown in the Church and are now helping their families and fellow believers back home in Indonesian. Every little bit helps soften the blow.

Persecution is happening around the world but this won't thwart the plans of our God. Let the unbelievers who curse Christianity beware. Christ will have His day.

God bless
you, pelihat, and thank you for your thread (Christian Persecution in Indonesia) helps us know what to pray for.
Sometimes, some of us forget how truely blessed we are here in the USA in that we do not have any concerns over who we worship.

Hello pelihat;

God bless
you, pelihat, and thank you for your thread (Christian Persecution in Indonesia) helps us know what to pray f

Christian worship activities in Balaraja, Tangerang, Indonesia were disbanded by Muslim residents.

The activity has been running for more than 2 years. Previously, he had asked permission from local Islamic religious leaders. However, on March 17 2024, the RT head and local residents protested the Christian activities and forced the activities to stop. The reason their residents feel disturbed. When asked what the problem was, they didn't answer.

When asked for information, the police revealed that "Christians without coercion stopped their activities forever".
Despite the fact, Christians in that location were under intimidation by the masses.

In Indonesia, there are many areas where building churches is made difficult by both the local government and local Muslim residents. There are even areas where just by praying and singing at home, Muslims will come and ban it.

Source:

Pelihut, were you able to connect with the Voice of the Martyrs contact office in Singapore to get some help?

Just my worthless two cents worth:

I'm somewhat mystified that so many think that prayer is some formal thing that must be done in a manner that it is evident to all others around us that we're doing that. What that thinking smacks of, in my mind, is "religious" prayer, swinging around decanters of incense with putrid smoke billowing out with a choir moaning some sort of Latin mantra in the background.

Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but rather practical. In other words, that's not to say that collective prayer is bad, but when we look at the believers in the ancient Roman provinces, once the persecutions started in those places, the believers went underground and found solace in those gatherings where the Lord's presence was actually with them. The Lord's presence is what we should seek after, whether in the luxuries of communal facilities many support with the primary portion of their giving, or in a cave that nature provided without monetary investment, or in a forest or in the desert out in the dunes somewhere.

Worship should start with personal worship, daily, for TRUE worship is not something that can be contrived through mood music, moving words, ritual and pageantry. Spirit and truth are personal, and begins only with the personal life steeped in daily worship so that any communal worship activity has some sort of substance of what is pleasing before the Lord.

Praise, on the other hand, is something that also can and should happen in each personal life each day, not something relegated to the open group scene in a special purpose facility, even though that has become the most sought after expression that has the greatest appeal to many. Singing collectively has its own emotional and audible benefits. However, many would be amazed at the greater depth of relationship with the One of whom the Bible speaks were they to take that lone time each day to pray, worship and praise the Lord from the heart rather than on cue, on tempo and in key. I often make up my own praise songs.

Ok. Sorry. Just wanted to share some thoughts on the subject to offer the hope that in that most deep and abiding relationship the Lord seeks with His people, it's so worthwhile to seek that out and be filled by the Lord in that lifestyle so that we then have something of substance to pour out into others who come to a gathering as empty vessels needing that mutual edification from fellow believers, whether in a communal facility, in a restaurant, walking along a country road together...the possibilities are limitless.

What I'm saying in all this is that there is no reason to despair once that privilege for communal facilities and open meetings becomes outlawed and downright dangerous. It's a blessing that the Lord is everywhere rather than limited to some building with a steeple and cross, or even a temple in Jerusalem. Those are privileges in a free society. With the Lord being in charge, and He allows that removal of that freedom, it's an opportunity to discover even greater depths in personal prayer, worship and praise, not something to bemoan, for the Lord wants us to remain resilient and strong. After all, WE are the ones against whom not even the gates of Hell can withstand, so we find ways to grow and adapt, just as David did when going to war. He never went to any war with the same tactics. We are commanded to fight the good fight. Paul was talking about more than just looking for the source of our next meal.

Amen to the constancy and strength we get from our Lord and Savior!

MM

Back