Christ's Second Coming And Timing Of The Rapture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2009
Florida
To gather the saints. There's going to be a battle between the kings of the earth and the Christ of God. Jesus stated plainly that the gather of the saints would be after the tribulation.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. (Mat 24:1 KJV)
Butch.........the verses you quoted are from Matthew and Jesus is speaking to the Jews in Israel, not the church.

The "signs" which Jesus speaks of in Matt. 24 are indications od Christ about to return to earth and they do not refer to the Rapture my brother. These are obviouse signs that take place during the 7 year Tribulation before the revelation but there are NO signs that precede the Rapture.

Feb 5, 2013
Wharton NJ
Hone
does anyone here think we will be the generation to see Christ's return.

and what is your view on the timing of the rapture

do you think it will happen before during or after the 7 years of tribulation?
Honest answer - I don't know!!!

And no one here knows.. A few weeks back we had a fellowship of few families.. The ladies were doing some chit chat and we guys got into a discussion on rapture.. We discussed, debated for almost 2 hours.. Final conclusion was, it does not matter whether we believe in rapture or not, timing or rapture, when rapture will happen.. All that matters is, are we ready..

To not deviate from the actual question, I believe in pre-trib rapture.. And we are getting closer to rapture.. There is nothing that would stop from it happening in our life time.. I don't see anything other prerequisites.. It could happen even before I finish this post..

Sep 3, 2009
Florida
Coming back? From where?
From heaven! The church will have been removed and will have been being prepared.

Rev. 19:6-9
Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of 7 Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready;
8 it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”—for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
9 And the angel said[a] to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

From heaven! The church will have been removed and will have been being prepared.

Rev. 19:6-9
Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of 7 Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready;
8 it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”—for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
9 And the angel said[a] to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”
I'm curious to hear more about this revived Roman Empire.. Sounds interesting

Butch.........the verses you quoted are from Matthew and Jesus is speaking to the Jews in Israel, not the church.

The "signs" which Jesus speaks of in Matt. 24 are indications od Christ about to return to earth and they do not refer to the Rapture my brother. These are obviouse signs that take place during the 7 year Tribulation before the revelation but there are NO signs that precede the Rapture.
Other than what I've posted where in Scripture do you see another rapture? Notice, in the passage Jesus said the angles would gather "His" elect. Are the elect the children of God? Doesn't Paul speak to the Churches as the "elect" of God?

May 6, 2014
Canada
Doesn't this argument assume that people are in heaven? If so can you show me where Scripture teaches that people go to heaven?
Of course we go to heaven while Tribulation is occurring on Earth! That is the place Jesus promised He is preparing for us!

John 14:2-3
There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am..

We need to actually study the ancient Hebrew wedding custom to gain a true understanding of what has happened, is happening and will happen.

May 6, 2014
Canada
Um, the feast takes place after Christ's return.
Some think it happens before we return with Christ to set up our home, just as in the ancient custom where after the partying and feasting, the Bride and Bridegroom go into their prepared home, consummate the marriage and set up housekeeping (forever).

HisManySongs

Administrator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
USA
I don't know and I really don't care.

If we spent as much time doing God's work as we do wondering about when Jesus will return and when the rapture will be, More people would be joining us.

HisManySongs

Administrator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
USA
Some think it happens before we return with Christ to set up our home, just as in the ancient custom where after the partying and feasting, the Bride and Bridegroom go into their prepared home, consummate the marriage and set up housekeeping (forever).
And along the wedding line. The Father tells the Son when it is time to get His Bride. That's why even Jesus doesn't know.

Of course we go to heaven while Tribulation is occurring on Earth! That is the place Jesus promised He is preparing for us!

John 14:2-3
There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am..

We need to actually study the ancient Hebrew wedding custom to gain a true understanding of what has happened, is happening and will happen.
That passage says nothing about heaven. My Father's house is the temple.

13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,
14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
17 And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up. (Joh 2:13-17KJV)

Can you show me where Scripture actually teaches that people go to heaven?

May 6, 2014
Canada
That passage says nothing about heaven. My Father's house is the temple.

13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,
14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
17 And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up. (Joh 2:13-17KJV)

Can you show me where Scripture actually teaches that people go to heaven?
Nope, His Father's house, consisting of many mansions is where He makes His abode---in HEAVEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.