Christ's Second Coming And Timing Of The Rapture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2014
Canada
What I've stated came straight out of Scripture, Mat 24.
I love Matthew 24! Certainly the scriptures hold much more authority than the uninspired "Epistle of Barnabas"? We really must be discriminating.

Last edited:
Justin Martyr

He says also: “And he will cause a mark [to be put] in the forehead and in the right hand, that no one may be able to buy or sell, unless he who has the mark of the name of the beast or the number of his name; and the number is six hundred and sixty-six,” that is, six times a hundred, six times ten, and six units. [He gives this] as a summing up of the whole of that apostasy which has taken place during six thousand years.
3. For in as many days as this world was made, in so many thousand years shall it be concluded. And for this reason the Scripture says: “Thus the heaven and the earth were finished, and all their adornment. And God brought to a conclusion upon the sixth day the works that He had made; and God rested upon the seventh day from all His works.” This is an account of the things formerly created, as also it is a prophecy of what is to come. For the day of the Lord is as a thousand years; and in six days created things were completed: it is evident, therefore, that they will come to an end at the sixth thousand year.

Early Church Fathers - – Ante-Nicene Fathers: The Writings of the Fathers Down To A.D. 325.

Dec 8, 2013
From heaven! The church will have been removed and will have been being prepared.

Rev. 19:6-9
Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of 7 Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready;
8 it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”—for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
9 And the angel said[a] to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”
I don't see anything pre-trib.

Revelation 13:7-9 And it was given unto him (the beast) to make war with the saints (If the saints are raptured out, how is it that the beast is making war with them?…ANSWER: No Pre Tribulation Rapture), and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. If any man have an ear, let him hear. (Rev. 13:7-9 says both are on the earth…some who are written the Book of Life and some who are not. If you worship the beast YOUR NAME IS NOT WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE.

HisManySongs

Administrator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
USA
Not to be a wet blanket, but ...

this subject has been repeatedly discussed with no real results.

Do a search for Rapture as the title and you get 52 threads.

I will not allow this thread to go on for ever and will close it at the slightest sign of disharmony.

Commodianus

This has pleased Christ, that the dead should rise again, yea, with their bodies; and those, too, whom in this world the fire has burned, when six thousand years are completed, and the world has come to an end.
Early Church Fathers - – Ante-Nicene Fathers: The Writings of the Fathers Down To A.D. 325.

May 6, 2014
Canada
I don't see anything pre-trib.

Revelation 13:7-9 And it was given unto him (the beast) to make war with the saints (If the saints are raptured out, how is it that the beast is making war with them?…ANSWER: No Pre Tribulation Rapture), and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. If any man have an ear, let him hear. (Rev. 13:7-9 says both are on the earth…some who are written the Book of Life and some who are not. If you worship the beast YOUR NAME IS NOT WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE.
The saints are those (mostly from out of Israel, although people will come to salvation during this time, but they will not be a part of the Church) who have received Jesus Christ as their Messiah. The Jews are the target of the Antichrist. Tribulation is the time of God to deal with the Jew, without the Church present.

"All that dwell upon the earth" who worship the Antichrist are definitely not inclusive of the Church, but are the millions who are outside of Christ and remain.

Lactantius

If any one wishes for them, or does not place full confidence in us, let him approach to the very shrine of the heavenly letters, and being more fully instructed through their trustworthiness, let him perceive that the philosophers have erred, who thought either that this world was eternal, or that there would be numberless thousands of years from the time when it was prepared. For six thousand years have not yet been completed, and when this number shall be made up, then at length all evil will be taken away, that justice alone may reign.

Dec 21, 2013
Hone

Honest answer - I don't know!!!

And no one here knows.. A few weeks back we had a fellowship of few families.. The ladies were doing some chit chat and we guys got into a discussion on rapture.. We discussed, debated for almost 2 hours.. Final conclusion was, it does not matter whether we believe in rapture or not, timing or rapture, when rapture will happen.. All that matters is, are we ready..

To not deviate from the actual question, I believe in pre-trib rapture.. And we are getting closer to rapture.. There is nothing that would stop from it happening in our life time.. I don't see anything other prerequisites.. It could happen even before I finish this post..
yes, I have heard different arguments regarding the timing of the rapture. All seem to be able to be backed by scripture.

but one thing I could never understand is Scripture seem to suggest Jesus second coming will be sudden and unexpected.

and if rapture is going happen "after" the tribulation, who is going to get caught surprise?

I mean 7 years of intense suffering is not exactly a sign anyone would miss.

Reactions: Euphemia
Feb 5, 2013
Wharton NJ
yes, I have heard different arguments regarding the timing of the rapture. All seem to be able to be backed by scripture.

but one thing I could never understand is Scripture seem to suggest Jesus second coming will be sudden and unexpected.

and if rapture is going happen "after" the tribulation, who is going to get caught surprise?

Yes, I have no idea how a post-trib person would explain that..

What Scripture would suggest a pre trib rapture?

May 6, 2014
Canada
How about giving us some eschatological scripture that actually refers to the Church existing in the time of the Tribulation?

May 6, 2014
Canada
Does that mean there is no Scripture for a pre trib rapture?

I gave Scripture that speaks of the church. Are you suggesting that Paul preached another gospel?
No, it doesn't mean that.

None of the Old Testament passages on the Tribulation mention the church
Deuteronomy 4:29-30
Jeremiah 30:4-11
Daniel 8:24-27; 12:1-2

None of the New Testament passages on the Tribulation mention the church
Matthew 13:30; 39-42; 48-50; 24:15-31
1 Thessalonians 1:9-10; 5:4-9;
2 Thessalonians 2:1-11
Revelation, chapters 4-18

No, it doesn't mean that.

None of the Old Testament passages on the Tribulation mention the church
Deuteronomy 4:29-30
Jeremiah 30:4-11
Daniel 8:24-27; 12:1-2

None of the New Testament passages on the Tribulation mention the church
Matthew 13:30; 39-42; 48-50; 24:15-31
1 Thessalonians 1:9-10; 5:4-9;
2 Thessalonians 2:1-11
Revelation, chapters 4-18
Are you suggesting Paul preached another gospel?

Status
Not open for further replies.