Coming Water Wars

Something to think about!

Water access is already a huge problem. Two billion people do not currently have safe drinking water and 3.6 billion lack access to safely managed sanitation, according to a United Nation report this year.

Throughout history, most wars have been fought over Land!

But soon we could be seeing more fighting over arguably the most precious resource of all - water.
Without water there is NO life!

Ethiopia has built a dam on the Nile river diverting water to its farmers. Egypt receives 100% of it water from the Nile River.
India, ,the Ganges River no longer reaches the sea. What is left is contaminated by industrial, agricultural, and human waste.
Turkey has built 3 dams on the Euphrates River which has drastically reduced fresh water to Syria and Iraq.
In the USA, because of water use upstream, and drought, little flow from the 1,450-mile Colorado River has reached the sea in 50 years.
In Germany, the Rhine River is at its lowest point and ships can not transport goods fully loaded.

Water rights just might be one of the flash points in the worlds future.

Something to think about!

Water access is already a huge problem. Two billion people do not currently have safe drinking water and 3.6 billion lack access to safely managed sanitation, according to a United Nation report this year.

Throughout history, most wars have been fought over Land!

But soon we could be seeing more fighting over arguably the most precious resource of all - water.
Without water there is NO life!

Ethiopia has built a dam on the Nile river diverting water to its farmers. Egypt receives 100% of it water from the Nile River.
India, ,the Ganges River no longer reaches the sea. What is left is contaminated by industrial, agricultural, and human waste.
Turkey has built 3 dams on the Euphrates River which has drastically reduced fresh water to Syria and Iraq.
In the USA, because of water use upstream, and drought, little flow from the 1,450-mile Colorado River has reached the sea in 50 years.
In Germany, the Rhine River is at its lowest point and ships can not transport goods fully loaded.

Water rights just might be one of the flash points in the worlds future.
According to AccuWeather............ About 40 days of low water in parts of the Mississippi — which runs through or touches the borders of 10 states — grounded barges, stalled traffic, blocked river ports at the height of harvest season.
1695323383483.png

Desalination is the key. The only thing stopping us is adequate and cheap energy.
I don’t think this is it entirely, maybe not even partially.

People have been using the Sun, aka: solar energy, to separate salt from seawater for centuries. Perhaps if they made it financially more attractive, them somebody like Elon Musk would just do it.

There seems to be a lack of will to accomplish this more than an absence of technology.

Thinking about won't change anything - Bill Gates is buying the farmlands and gathering rights to the water supply. If things do contiune to rapidly downward spiral - as they will... I believe supernaturally God will sustain us. He did after all bring mana from heaven. The Israelites always had enough for the day. Their sandals never wore out, neither did their garments for 40 years. He gave then a cloud by day and pillar of fire by night. God is in the details. Nothing happens without Him being in it, allowing it, giving permission to it and trusting if God has brought us to it - He will bring us through it. The minions can keep doing what they do. God still is on His throne.

Praying our leaders and the wealthy and our scientists help build us clean water and we can protect the earth and the animals and I have heard Saudi Arabia are doing a project in billions to further desalination and to become the leading market.
Praying they help the poor🙏

Thinking about won't change anything - Bill Gates is buying the farmlands and gathering rights to the water supply. If things do contiune to rapidly downward spiral - as they will... I believe supernaturally God will sustain us. He did after all bring mana from heaven. The Israelites always had enough for the day. Their sandals never wore out, neither did their garments for 40 years. He gave then a cloud by day and pillar of fire by night. God is in the details. Nothing happens without Him being in it, allowing it, giving permission to it and trusting if God has brought us to it - He will bring us through it. The minions can keep doing what they do. God still is on His throne.
However, the Bible says pretty much the opposite. "Before Jesus comes again, according to 2 Tim. 3:13........
“evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived” .

I don’t think this is it entirely, maybe not even partially.

People have been using the Sun, aka: solar energy, to separate salt from seawater for centuries. Perhaps if they made it financially more attractive, them somebody like Elon Musk would just do it.

There seems to be a lack of will to accomplish this more than an absence of technology.
Agree.

The cost of ONE plant to desalt sea water is about 1 Billion dollars. There are very few countries that can afford such a plant. Saudia Arabia is one and they have several.

Of course the bottom line is that desalination is currently done through an energy-intensive evaporative process entirely using fossil fuels.

That opens the door to sabotage and terror attacks as well are embargos.

However, the Bible says pretty much the opposite. "Before Jesus comes again, according to 2 Tim. 3:13........
“evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived” .
Sure but God doesn't change. He is the same yesterday today and forever. They can do what they want. Doesn't change anything about God and His promises.

Sure but God doesn't change. He is the same yesterday today and forever. They can do what they want. Doesn't change anything about God and His promises.
That is certainly true sister. You are referring to "Immutability". The Scripture makes it clear that God does not change in His character, purpose, His fairness toward humankind, or in His promises.

When anyone changes, it can only be change for better or worse.

Since God is absolute perfection no change for the better is possible since you cannot improve upon perfection. The same holds true for changing for the worst. Change is not possible with God. He does not develop or grow. He always remains the same. Consequently there is no inconsistency in Him.

However, I think we must remember that some of the promises God has made to humankind are conditional, based upon humanity's response. The prophet Jeremiah records God saying n Jeremiah 16:7-10......
"The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it, if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it. And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it, if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey my voice, then I will relent concerning the good which I said I would benefit from it ".

We also need to remember that God changes in His "Methods". (The Ark for salvation, The Law for obedience)

We also need to remember that God in fact changes His "Mind." ( Genesis 6:6, Ex. 32:14; Jonah 3:4)
Those are NOT changes in character as in a "mistake" or an "error" but The fact is that God changes His treatment of us in response to our choices has nothing to do with His character. In fact, because God does not change, He must treat the righteous differently from the unrighteous. If someone repents, God consistently forgives; if someone refuses to repent, God consistently judges.

FYI.

"Today, in alignment with the Governor's Office, I signed an emergency declaration for the City of New Orleans due to the Saltwater Intrusion into the Mississippi River".

The Mississippi River has fallen water levels for 2 years. University of Nebraska-Lincoln estimated that nearly 100 percent of Louisiana was under drought conditions.

The drought-stricken river has allowed saltwater to slowly creep north, and has already impacted the drinking water supply for sections of Plaquemines Parish in southern Louisiana.

“Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, every where,

Nor any drop to drink.”

Hello Major
With all the rain we have in this corner of the world you might not expect Seattle and the Pacific Northwest to be place where there were water issues.
Nevertheless this is happening, see below:

Seattle Public Utilities is asking about 1.5 million customers in the Seattle area to use less water amid ongoing drought conditions

The Associated Press
Thursday, September 21, 2023

SEATTLE -- Seattle Public Utilities is asking about 1.5 million customers in the Seattle area to use less water as drought conditions continue throughout most of the state.

Residents on Thursday were asked to stop watering their lawns, to reduce shower time, to only run full laundry machines and dishwashers, and to fix leaking pipes and running toilets, according to a post on the utility's website.

An unusually dry summer along with a forecast of ongoing dry conditions, including a potential delay in sustained autumn rains, have prompted concerns about having sufficient water for people and fish, the utility said.

“Our hydrologic model suggests a deep drawdown of our mountain reservoirs. Water levels are already lower than average, and we are adjusting to sustain adequate water supply for our customers and the rivers this fall,” Elizabeth Garcia, utility water resources planner, said in the online statement.

“Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, every where,

Nor any drop to drink.”

Hello Major
With all the rain we have in this corner of the world you might not expect Seattle and the Pacific Northwest to be place where there were water issues.
Nevertheless this is happening, see below:

Seattle Public Utilities is asking about 1.5 million customers in the Seattle area to use less water amid ongoing drought conditions

The Associated Press
Thursday, September 21, 2023

SEATTLE -- Seattle Public Utilities is asking about 1.5 million customers in the Seattle area to use less water as drought conditions continue throughout most of the state.

Residents on Thursday were asked to stop watering their lawns, to reduce shower time, to only run full laundry machines and dishwashers, and to fix leaking pipes and running toilets, according to a post on the utility's website.

An unusually dry summer along with a forecast of ongoing dry conditions, including a potential delay in sustained autumn rains, have prompted concerns about having sufficient water for people and fish, the utility said.

“Our hydrologic model suggests a deep drawdown of our mountain reservoirs. Water levels are already lower than average, and we are adjusting to sustain adequate water supply for our customers and the rivers this fall,” Elizabeth Garcia, utility water resources planner, said in the online statement.
A new report by the Global Commission on the Economics of Water has found that the supply of freshwater on Earth will fall short of the demand by 40% before 2030. According to the report, areas that are water-constrained will suffer the most with “severe shortages.”

Back