Commitment

Why does it seem that a lot of christians are not commited to God or the church but only committed to their own personal agendas. What can they get from the church insted of thinking how can I be an asset to the body of Christ.

Why does it seem that a lot of christians are not commited to God or the church but only committed to their own personal agendas. What can they get from the church insted of thinking how can I be an asset to the body of Christ.
Of course their is a difference between the "Spiritual" Body of Christ and the religion of man that has been formed around His Good Name. But yes selfishness is the exact opposite of the "AGAPE" love that is to rule the church body....why? Because love has been replaced by the written code and doctrines that promote the flesh. Get the doctrine right and the "body" will be healed!

Just my own personal thoughts... I think the reason is somewhere a lot of people have heard the Gospel about those who reject Christ and will find themselves in the lake of fire. There fore to bypass this place of torment, they come to Jesus. It was out of fear they come instead of being convicted of their sins and needing a saviour. Jesus tells us something about this......

Mat 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

A violent person is a person who does things and makes decisions without first thinking through the consequences of their actions or the cost it will require. What does it cost to be a Christian? everything.

Back