Confused, but hopeful. Help me out here?

Confused, but hopeful. Help me out here?

Just recently I turned Christian.

I'm trying to tell my parents that, but I have not found the courage from my heart to tell them. I need hope, and I need a way to tell them. I was thinking that when I leave the house at 18, I would tell them. But can I hide it for Three More Years? I'm 15 (today is my birthday), I do not stress about it too much, because I wise person told me that Religion should be through the heart.

Any helpful advice? All will be accepted.

With love,
Saad "Daniel" Usmani (You can just call me Daniel). :smiley90:

Hey Daniel,

I remember when i first left my backslidings and announced i was a Christian and i had to go through quite the grilling with my athiest rocker friends . but i think the supernatural element of how Christ was revealed to me was the strongest part of my testimony . because it was the only thing they couldn't take away from . but i took some time to prepare because i knew that grilling was coming . we still talk every so often .

I would say pray to God for encouragement and courage . speaking His message does not come from a place of fear or pride but of a love that quiets all fears in your heart . seeing that change in you may make the message simple(r) to accept whether they agree with this change in you or not .

Hi Daniel, I see that you do have a large challenge to tell your Muslim folks about becoming a Christian Believer.

As you've not been able to get to the church yet, what Christian support do you have? Friends at school maybe? Support from whoever helped you to become a Christian? This is an important need for you,so that your faith may be strengthened as you relate to them. That is, they can pray for you, and you for them. And you can share things about Jesus.

You also need teaching, and help with reading the Bible. I may be able to suggest things in this area, if you can share with us what help and support you have.

We all need to become stronger, and that comes from Jesus and from loving Him and learning about Him. You WILL get there if you never give up!!

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Much love!!

- BM

Hi Daniel; Shut up....... about it to your Muslim family. Keep quiet about Jesus.
This may sound strange coming from a Christian but let us look at your situation. Are you able to explain the Christian doctrines clearly to your family? No way
you will blow it big time. Then because you cant explain properly they wont get it you could loose them forever. When they ask questions are you able to answer as a mature Christian who understands the bible ?

No you cant ! When they start to attack you physically and mentally you are to young to handle it. Dont think you could save them that is impossible for people to be saved who dont want to be saved.
Remember they are Muslims and you will hurt them to the point they will kick you out. This is going to cause great heartache to your family why put them through it?

When your eighteen three years have passed and you should be a little wiser, you will understand how to answer them better.

Then runaway fast dont hang around to explain, they will never understand thats the fact Jack.
You will bring condemnation down on your head if you talk about Jesus, wait till your are trained.

Concerned Craig

Daniel,

i'd advocate a message opposite of the above espoused spirit of doubt and fear . it doesn't even conform to what Jesus said in the gospel or even what the apostles taught .

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." (Romans 8:15)

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. (1st John 4:18)

When God tells you in your heart it is time . then it is time . be of good courage Daniel, God made everything that seems an obstacle to you . so He's got it covered .
and i'll continue praying for you .

love bless .

Daniel,

i'd advocate a message opposite of the above espoused spirit of doubt and fear . it doesn't even conform to what Jesus said in the gospel or even what the apostles taught .

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." (Romans 8:15)

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. (1st John 4:18)

When God tells you in your heart it is time . then it is time . be of good courage Daniel, God made everything that seems an obstacle to you . so He's got it covered . and i'll continue praying for you .

love bless .

Absolutely
azmz.gif
mdwd.gif
elil.gif
ndod.gif
azmz.gif
mdwd.gif
elil.gif
ndod.gif
azmz.gif
mdwd.gif
elil.gif
ndod.gif
!

I see two aspects to this question, both very important:

A. While I totally understand what Joshua888 said and why, what you two guys said is correct and in accordance with the New Testament. Jesus said: "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.” Mark Ch 8:38

The NT is clear that we are to speak of Jesus and our faith in Him no matter the consequences! After Pentecost the Apostles lived this! And Paul also! And they suffered because of doing so (we now believe that most were ultimately martyred for their faith in Jesus and speaking of Him). Suffering is also TOTALLY Scriptural and it makes you strong!For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps: 1 Peter Ch 2:21

B. IS DANIEL FULLY BORN AGAIN?Before I would advise Daniel to speak to his parents according to the above, I would want to make 100% certain that he actually IS a Christian - else a terrible tragedy of a broken family and worse could wrongly occur. Who introduced him to Christ? 1) Did he/they stress to Daniel that he must repent of all the sins he's ever committed against God, including the ones we fail to do? (like loving and obeying Him perfectly).

2) Did he then, in order to be forgiven of these sins, help him to believe in Jesus as both Lord and Saviour including committing his whole life to Him forever? 3) Has he been baptised in water, confessing that commitment, and 4) received the Holy Spirit? ALL these are essential to be certain of being a true NT Christian (just reciting a 'sinners prayer' will NOT do).

And finally is he now fully and effectively discipling Daniel (most churches fail to do this) to bring him to full knowledge and understanding of what a Christian Believer is and how he should live? Matthew Ch 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you.

When all of this is true, THEN Daniel could speak to his folks, and would be ready for persecution from them in the likelihood that this would happen. This young man is only 15. We must take great care to very wisely guide him in accordance with God's Word.

- BM

Well Daniel… you’ve gotten some good advice on here and some not so good advice on here.
YOU are the only one who knows your parents and YOU are the only one who has an idea how they will react.
Any advice you take, make sure it lines up with what the Bible says. In other words, if someone says, “You should do this” ask them to show you where the Bible supports that advice.

So… you can feel safe taking the advice of people who support their opinion with Scripture. If you do that, God is on your side.

Any advice you take, make sure it lines up with what the Bible says. In other words, if someone says, “You should do this” ask them to show you where the Bible supports that advice.

So… you can feel safe taking the advice of people who support their opinion with Scripture. If you do that, God is on your side.

AMEN and AMEN!!

- BM

Just recently I turned Christian.

I'm trying to tell my parents that, but I have not found the courage from my heart to tell them. I need hope, and I need a way to tell them. I was thinking that when I leave the house at 18, I would tell them. But can I hide it for Three More Years? I'm 15 (today is my birthday), I do not stress about it too much, because I wise person told me that Religion should be through the heart.

Any helpful advice? All will be accepted.

With love,
Saad "Daniel" Usmani (You can just call me Daniel). :smiley90:

Hi Daniel

Welcome to the family of God!

If you have truly been born again its natural to want to share this new experience.

The Bible says:
Romans 10:9that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

We don't know all the details how you came to the Lord, but I'd suggest praying this prayer with me. Just whisper this out loud and if you really mean it and believe it you can make sure of your salvation :smiley90:

Jesus Christ I'm sorry and repent. I turned from all sin and want you to be the Lord of every part of your life. I believe you are the Son of God and you died for me and rose from the dead. Help me to live for you. Thank you for forgiving me of my sins and saving me. Amen.

I can understand and know your situation is a very different one and needs to be done a certain way. Only the Lord can give you the words to say to your family and when to say it. It could be a difficult and even dangerous thing depending on your parents commitment to the Muslim faith. Perhaps very soon they will see the change in you and ask you how it is that you are so different now. So be praying the Lord will give you what to say when the time comes.

Its important to pray and read the Bible, and meet with other Christians. I don't know how easy or difficult that may be to get invovled in a church in your case. But at least pray and you can read Scriptures online here and fellowship with us and others for right now anyway. Maybe soon you can meet with others and be baptised in water there. And its also important to ask the Lord to baptize you with His Holy Spirit, full to overflowing.

I'll be praying for you for wisdom from the Lord. :) God bless you!

Hi Daniel!

I really hope that you're still reading here.

If so I hope and pray that you will follow all of GodSpeaks' wonderful advice in the post above. It's all quite excellent and truly is as good as you could possibly wish for! Please follow it all as exactly as you can.

Bless you as you learn to love and follow Jesus more and more!!

With much love!!

- BM

Back