God's Comfort In Our Losses

Cosia

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Exec. Secretary
We all go through very dark times in our life especially those due to the loss of someone, or something, precious to us, a spouse, a parent, a child, a dear friend, a pet. Even a job or our home.

At times like this there is a danger of losing hope, or even losing faith. We may feel God has forsaken us, but that is so untrue. Just like in the poem "Footprints in the Sand" God still walks beside us and then carries us through it. Keep on hanging on.

Psalms 34:17-18 (NLT) - 17 The LORD hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. 18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.

Do not lose heart, be comforted by God

Please join in to share Bible Verses of God's Comfort.

God Bless You All.

Jeremiah 31:13 (NLT)

13. The young women will dance for joy,
and the men—old and young—will join in the celebration.
I will turn their mourning into joy.

I will comfort them and exchange their sorrow for rejoicing.

2 Corinthians 12:9

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me".

I was going through a particularly rough patch a week or so back. Things are still up in the air to a large extent. This verse, by God's grace, popped in my head one night. Gave me great encouragement. Thanks, Cosia, for this thread.

Isaiah 43: 1-2 (NLT)

1. But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.
O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
2. When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.

Psalm 73:26 (NLT)

26. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,

but God remains the strength of my heart;
he is mine forever.

Back