Coronavirus Pandemic, why does God allow it.

What is the answer for Christians as they see the death and destruction spreading around the world. As looks like this is going to be repeated in the fall, it will become the new normal...

"The Coronavirus Will Return In The Fall...

Topline: Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said at a White House press briefing Monday he anticipates the coronavirus will come back in another wave later this year—but added the U.S. will be much better prepared to deal with another outbreak, if it happens, in the fall.
  • Medical experts have been warning the coronavirus could be cyclical, meaning it could come back in the fall even if its spread is halted in the next few months.
  • Fauci said he “anticipates” such an event happening in the U.S. “because of the degree of transmissibility” and the fact that countries in the Southern Hemisphere are seeing more cases as they transition into their winter season.
  • He added an outbreak in the fall would be a “totally different ballgame” because the country’s increased ability to test, identify and isolate those who are infected will be “orders of magnitude better than what it was just a couple of months ago.”
  • Clinical trials are also underway for a number of treatments and Fauci hopes one or more of them will be available
  • Fauci also raised the possibility of a vaccine being available next season under an emergency use “if we start seeing an efficacy signal” in any one of the multiple candidate vaccines.
  • Other medical experts have warned that if there is a dip in cases during the summer months, the U.S. needs to stock up on ventilators and other supplies to handle another wave."...The Coronavirus Will Return In The Fall, Fauci Predicts, But The U.S. Will Be Better Prepared

Wow, we just got a very troubling call, and the people of my wife's neighborhood off Jamaica Bay NY, (its basically a island where everyone knows everyone), decided they were going to hold the St. Patrick's day celebrations. Now, those that went to it are getting sick, and some have died already. We just went there in Feb and now are checking the friends and family we just saw....

I am from NYC, and Elmhurst General is getting the brunt of the poorest cases in Queens. Its overwhelming, and there is a post from a nurse there on facebook if you can find it. They are putting the passed into refrigerated trucks there are so many. Nurses are forced to wear the same masks all day, and then reuse them their next shift, because of the volume and lack of supplies.

So far those I have been in contact with are safe and self quarantined. My brother drove into Manhattan just to go for a ride and said it was a ghost town. He made it from the 59th St. bridge to midtown in 5 minutes.

It's now April 11th and I think they said NYS has reached the peak of the curve. Last I heard NYS had 7000 deaths, which sounds like a lot. But I also heard the Flu caused 50,000 deaths. I'm not sure if that's this year or last year, and is that the nation wide or world wide, I just don't know. So I keep wondering why we're so worried about this virus. Maybe it's because this c-virus makes you very much sicker than the flu, or is it because we don't have any experience with this virus and don't know what will happen next.

Its because they don't have a vaccine and it can be fatal and in such a short time. It is a virulent strain, not like regular flu. If you do get it you basically need to be on a respirator or ventilator and everything you breathe on will become contaminated. Nobody that gets infected has built up immunity to it yet. You basically have to fight it off on your own..and some people because they don't show symptoms, then spread it to others without even knowing because they don't 'feel sick'.

When people quote figures they don't always quote the context over time so they try to downplay it, but if it devastated a city like Wuhan that had 11 million people, then it also can do damage everywhere else. And not only people dying, but those who survive who need to come into contact and bury the dead.

Not one sparrow falls to the ground without God knowing, so how much more precious are human lives to God? When people bandy about figures saying oh its not as much as ppl dying from other things, do they even stop to think about those that are mourning their loved ones?

Job, bless his soul, lived a charmed life where nothing bad ever happened to him.
He was wealthy, had a large family, went about doing good, he should be blessed at all times right???

So why would God allow him to 1) lose almost all his family 2) get sick and 3) only have miserable comforters around him. Hmmm

It's now April 11th and I think they said NYS has reached the peak of the curve. Last I heard NYS had 7000 deaths, which sounds like a lot. But I also heard the Flu caused 50,000 deaths. I'm not sure if that's this year or last year, and is that the nation wide or world wide, I just don't know. So I keep wondering why we're so worried about this virus. Maybe it's because this c-virus makes you very much sicker than the flu, or is it because we don't have any experience with this virus and don't know what will happen next.
[/QUOTE

In 2020 alone, as of April 1, there have been nearly 43,000 deaths from the regular flu.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ringButtons&ff_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

I for one have no clue, but I do believe that someone, somewhere does.

It has been said that this virus started in Wuhan China in "Open air" markets where slaughtered meat and poultry was sold.

My problem is that the Chinese have done that kind of operation for hundreds of years. It is their culture. Why then did this virus just come upon them at this time???? That make NO sense to me at all.

I wish I didn't think this and I guess it is my old Army training but I can not help but think that this thing has come from a Chinese laboratory working on biological weapons and they allowed this virus to escape. Only time will tell.

What is the answer for Christians as they see the death and destruction spreading around the world. As looks like this is going to be repeated in the fall, it will become the new normal...

"The Coronavirus Will Return In The Fall...

Topline: Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said at a White House press briefing Monday he anticipates the coronavirus will come back in another wave later this year—but added the U.S. will be much better prepared to deal with another outbreak, if it happens, in the fall.
  • Medical experts have been warning the coronavirus could be cyclical, meaning it could come back in the fall even if its spread is halted in the next few months.
  • Fauci said he “anticipates” such an event happening in the U.S. “because of the degree of transmissibility” and the fact that countries in the Southern Hemisphere are seeing more cases as they transition into their winter season.
  • He added an outbreak in the fall would be a “totally different ballgame” because the country’s increased ability to test, identify and isolate those who are infected will be “orders of magnitude better than what it was just a couple of months ago.”
  • Clinical trials are also underway for a number of treatments and Fauci hopes one or more of them will be available
  • Fauci also raised the possibility of a vaccine being available next season under an emergency use “if we start seeing an efficacy signal” in any one of the multiple candidate vaccines.
  • Other medical experts have warned that if there is a dip in cases during the summer months, the U.S. needs to stock up on ventilators and other supplies to handle another wave."...The Coronavirus Will Return In The Fall, Fauci Predicts, But The U.S. Will Be Better Prepared

Lets ALL commit to prayer for our doctors to formulate and perfect a vaccine before then.

Looks like it wont be till next year, too late for many people...
"Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) said on Tuesday it plans to begin imminent production of its trial COVID-19 vaccine on an “at risk” basis, as the coronavirus pandemic infects nearly 2 million people around the world.

Manufacturing “at risk” allows the world’s third largest pharmaceutical company to produce a product before its ultimate design is finalized and released to the public. The company plans to produce its COVID-19 vaccine in the Netherlands, and a facility it is updating in the United States.

“We're manufacturing at risk to ensure that should the clinical development and the trials be successful, we are in a position to kind of flip the switch and ready to go, to create great access across the globe,” J&J CFO Joe Wolk told Yahoo Finance in an interview.

J&J began developing its vaccine for COVID-19 in early January with its European subsidiary Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. It’s using the same biological platform Janssen uses in developmental vaccines for Ebola, Zika and Influenza.

During J&J’s first quarter earnings call, Chief Scientific Officer Paul Stoffels said the company is also negotiating with partners in Europe and Asia to produce the vaccine, and partnerships will be announced in the coming weeks.

“Our goal is to enable the supply of more than 1 billion doses of the vaccine globally,” Stoffels said.

Vaccine eyes early 2021 rollout.....https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jj-coronavirus-vaccine-we-plan-to-begin-production-at-risk-imminently-210204457.html

Since I never took biology or chemistry I really don't understand what's involved in making a vaccine. But I heard that several different companies are attempting it using a few different techniques. I also heard they have started doing scientific studies with 1 or 2 meds to find out if these drugs are really effective against covid 19 (by scientific I mean they are using a large number of people and 1 group is a control group). Eventually the medical profession will find a way to fight this virus. I believe this because I remember back in the 80's when HIV and AIDS happened. I almost thought HIV was a good thing because I never enjoyed casual sex, not even when I was unsaved. I was very dismayed when I saw how more & more people were buying in to the idea that casual sex was an acceptable way to live. So with the advent of AIDS I had hoped casual sex would have to diminish. Boy was I ever wrong. We now can treat AIDS and in some cases cure it. All this is less than 40 yrs. We haven't even made that much progress against cancer. I think it's logical to assume that with covid-19 sexual activity is a no-no. That means they will find a way to fight it.

Since I never took biology or chemistry I really don't understand what's involved in making a vaccine. But I heard that several different companies are attempting it using a few different techniques. I also heard they have started doing scientific studies with 1 or 2 meds to find out if these drugs are really effective against covid 19 (by scientific I mean they are using a large number of people and 1 group is a control group). Eventually the medical profession will find a way to fight this virus. I believe this because I remember back in the 80's when HIV and AIDS happened. I almost thought HIV was a good thing because I never enjoyed casual sex, not even when I was unsaved. I was very dismayed when I saw how more & more people were buying in to the idea that casual sex was an acceptable way to live. So with the advent of AIDS I had hoped casual sex would have to diminish. Boy was I ever wrong. We now can treat AIDS and in some cases cure it. All this is less than 40 yrs. We haven't even made that much progress against cancer. I think it's logical to assume that with covid-19 sexual activity is a no-no. That means they will find a way to fight it.

John.....there is actually NO CURE for HIV/AIDS.

As I understand it, there is what is called, “long term viral remission,” meaning that the HIV virus is suppressed, but still present in the body which is allowing a longer life.

Looks like it wont be till next year, too late for many people...
"Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) said on Tuesday it plans to begin imminent production of its trial COVID-19 vaccine on an “at risk” basis, as the coronavirus pandemic infects nearly 2 million people around the world.

Manufacturing “at risk” allows the world’s third largest pharmaceutical company to produce a product before its ultimate design is finalized and released to the public. The company plans to produce its COVID-19 vaccine in the Netherlands, and a facility it is updating in the United States.

“We're manufacturing at risk to ensure that should the clinical development and the trials be successful, we are in a position to kind of flip the switch and ready to go, to create great access across the globe,” J&J CFO Joe Wolk told Yahoo Finance in an interview.

J&J began developing its vaccine for COVID-19 in early January with its European subsidiary Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. It’s using the same biological platform Janssen uses in developmental vaccines for Ebola, Zika and Influenza.

During J&J’s first quarter earnings call, Chief Scientific Officer Paul Stoffels said the company is also negotiating with partners in Europe and Asia to produce the vaccine, and partnerships will be announced in the coming weeks.

“Our goal is to enable the supply of more than 1 billion doses of the vaccine globally,” Stoffels said.

Vaccine eyes early 2021 rollout.....https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jj-coronavirus-vaccine-we-plan-to-begin-production-at-risk-imminently-210204457.html

That is something to place on the top of all our prayer lists!

John.....there is actually NO CURE for HIV/AIDS.

As I understand it, there is what is called, “long term viral remission,” meaning that the HIV virus is suppressed, but still present in the body which is allowing a longer life.
Okay... apparently that's good enough for the average person. When HIV/AIDS first appeared I used to tell people if you meet someone you want to sleep with ask yourself if you're willing to die to sleep with that person, because you just might. Not anymore. When we compare the progress made treating AIDS to the progress made treating cancer it says something about our society. And I don't like what it says. To people of the world a life without casual sex is a life not worth living, so they found a way to control HIV.
Many viruses and even bacteria are never really cured they just go dormant. This happens to me with the bacteria that causes bronchitis. Almost every winter, since I was 40, I'll get mildly ill with bronchitis if my resistance goes down. I'd say that's similar to what you said happens with AIDS.

So since a person who is covid positive, even without symptoms can spread the virus by having sex the people of this world will find a way to control it.

Okay... apparently that's good enough for the average person. When HIV/AIDS first appeared I used to tell people if you meet someone you want to sleep with ask yourself if you're willing to die to sleep with that person, because you just might. Not anymore. When we compare the progress made treating AIDS to the progress made treating cancer it says something about our society. And I don't like what it says. To people of the world a life without casual sex is a life not worth living, so they found a way to control HIV.
Many viruses and even bacteria are never really cured they just go dormant. This happens to me with the bacteria that causes bronchitis. Almost every winter, since I was 40, I'll get mildly ill with bronchitis if my resistance goes down. I'd say that's similar to what you said happens with AIDS.

So since a person who is covid positive, even without symptoms can spread the virus by having sex the people of this world will find a way to control it.

I agree. It is sad that so much money and time was spent in finding a cure for a virus that could be completely eradicated by making proper sexual choices and protections.

Then there is this thought. IF a cure for cancer was found today...…….what would the worlds economy look like tomorrow?

I mean by that, we as a society spend Trillions upon trillions of dollars for research and care and treatment. What would happen if a cure for cancer is ever found????

Reminds me of the old man years ago who told me that he believed there is a carburetor for car engines that will get 100 miles to the gallon locked up in the safe of the Oil company headquarters.

The thing is, many of my friends and to say nothing of the church members, fall into the 'comprised' category. So many of this demographic is not going to make it to the time when everyone is vaccinated or immune from having had it, as you can see how quickly its wiping out the retirees or those in assisted living or senior community centers. Even then, as the normal flu, it can quickly spiral into a fatal episode of underlying issues, so very few of them in the long-term will be able to get through Covid 19.

The Black Death (Bubonic plague) in the 14th Century, killed approximately 60% of Europe's population. Yet, we recovered, and, carried on fighting each other for centuries.

Hopefully, the corona virus won't kill as many. And we can stop fighting each other.

Amen.

I hope so. Amen.

Back