Coronavirus spreading around the world

I don't know what you are specifically referring to, but I've been seeing quite a few articles/news about people, even children, getting bullied/attacked simply because they may be Asian... and people are hurting them because of this whole virus outbreak... it really is heartbreaking. Like there isn't enough problems to go around as it is.

We should all continue to keep this in our prayers.
Yep.

If you are not of Asian descent I guess it doesn't affect you.
But it sure does if you are.

No matter where we are from, we are all God's creation and we are all in this situation together. When we see people around the world being "blamed" for this, that blame usually comes from persons who do not follow God's Word or even believe in God. That is unfortunate, but we must all be strong and work together to do what we can to protect ourselves and others from this relatively new illness. When we see blame being cast out, we should pray for the persons casting the blame because they are acting out of fear of the unknown. We should follow the common sense procedures to stay away from potential contact, just as we do for the seasonal Flu, by limiting our public contact, hand washing as often as practical and other measures that are being suggested by Health organizations and governments. One very good information page is from the Centers for Disease Control in the USA.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

Allow me to give all of you some scary facts.

Swine flu originated in China. It was fought with antibiotics.

Bird flu also originated in China and it was also contained and fought with antibiotics.

SARS also originated in China and as the others was fought and contained by the use of antibiotics.

The Corona virus originated in China and it is also being fought with antibiotics.

There seems to be a pattern here. The nexus of all of these is that they originated in a "Communist" country.

Today.....90% of all antibiotics are produced in China.

China has no regulatory agency that oversees the selling of meat and poultry and neither does it have an agency that regulates any production of medicine.

For some reason that sends chills down my back.

Thoughts...…...……????

You can't fight a virus with antibiotics. Antibiotics are used for bacterial infections. Corona virus is a flu virus. Flu is harmless to the young and the healthy, but can be fatal to the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions. 'Regular' flu kills the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions, every single year. It's just not reported in the news.

In our 'international' society, where people travel all over the globe, regularly, in a matter of hours, a virus is going to spread from country to country more quickly than in the past. You can't stop a virus. Ever tried not catching a cold? - impossible.

The virus will run it's course. Those who are young and healthy will get it, and recover, and then develop an immunity to it. Others will be not so lucky. People do not live forever. We tend to forget that, especially in the western world, with all our technology and medicine. What the scientists are working on at the moment is a vaccine, not a cure. Like the flu vaccine. This gives a person a small dose of the virus, so that their bodies can develop an immunity to it, rather than them getting the full-on virus and not being able to cope with it. Problem is, virus's mutate, hence a different virus every year, which is why there is no cure for the common cold.

Absolutely the really scary flu virus's originate in China. This isn't racism, this is a fact. And where does the western world import all it's cheaply made goods from? China.

All my prayers are going to anyone affected (luckily not me, yet)!

You can't fight a virus with antibiotics. Antibiotics are used for bacterial infections. Corona virus is a flu virus. Flu is harmless to the young and the healthy, but can be fatal to the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions. 'Regular' flu kills the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions, every single year. It's just not reported in the news.

In our 'international' society, where people travel all over the globe, regularly, in a matter of hours, a virus is going to spread from country to country more quickly than in the past. You can't stop a virus. Ever tried not catching a cold? - impossible.

The virus will run it's course. Those who are young and healthy will get it, and recover, and then develop an immunity to it. Others will be not so lucky. People do not live forever. We tend to forget that, especially in the western world, with all our technology and medicine. What the scientists are working on at the moment is a vaccine, not a cure. Like the flu vaccine. This gives a person a small dose of the virus, so that their bodies can develop an immunity to it, rather than them getting the full-on virus and not being able to cope with it. Problem is, virus's mutate, hence a different virus every year, which is why there is no cure for the common cold.

Absolutely the really scary flu virus's originate in China. This isn't racism, this is a fact. And where does the western world import all it's cheaply made goods from? China.

All my prayers are going to anyone affected (luckily not me, yet)!
Very well said.

rtm3039

They are closing schools and canceling events with large numbers of people...

"The spread of coronavirus has compelled hundreds of K-12 schools in the U.S. to close, affecting more than 850,000 students, according to an analysis by Education Week. And those numbers are certain to increase in the coming days, as concerned parents call for more school closures.

The growing health crisis presents school leaders with a painful choice. Closing schools as has been done, so far, in China, Japan, Italy and elsewhere is a proven measure that has been shown to slow the spread of disease and, in turn, save lives. But it also causes huge economic and social disruption, especially for children, millions of whom depend on the free and reduced-cost meals they get at school."....

They are suspending the NBA after one player was found to test positive, with the large gatherings a concern....

"The NBA has suspended the 2019-20 season after a Utah Jazz player, reportedly Rudy Gobert, tested positive for COVID-19. Games in progress on the night of March 11 will be completed."....

They are closing schools and canceling events with large numbers of people...

"The spread of coronavirus has compelled hundreds of K-12 schools in the U.S. to close, affecting more than 850,000 students, according to an analysis by Education Week. And those numbers are certain to increase in the coming days, as concerned parents call for more school closures.

The growing health crisis presents school leaders with a painful choice. Closing schools as has been done, so far, in China, Japan, Italy and elsewhere is a proven measure that has been shown to slow the spread of disease and, in turn, save lives. But it also causes huge economic and social disruption, especially for children, millions of whom depend on the free and reduced-cost meals they get at school."....

They are suspending the NBA after one player was found to test positive, with the large gatherings a concern....

"The NBA has suspended the 2019-20 season after a Utah Jazz player, reportedly Rudy Gobert, tested positive for COVID-19. Games in progress on the night of March 11 will be completed."....
At face value, these are sensible decisions.

In Miami-Dade, we have over 390,000 students, employ over 40,000 people, and manage close to 900 schools. None have closed, but we just got our first known virus hit this morning. Surveys have been sent to families to determine how many kids have a suitable device for on-line learning. Our school system has a virtual school and they are picking up the pace to handle a larger load.

I know of no teacher/student that has been infected, but does only leave that one has not tested positive. I spend my day going from school to school to conduct investigations. Today, I am visiting five schools and three tomorrow.

This is what this is. It is going to get much worse, but it will eventually top out. You never know, this might require the whole country to self-quarantine, but there are going to be people that do not want to play.

Last night, some guy from NY took a plane to Palm Beach. He was, and new, that he was infected. Now everyone on the plane has been asked to self-quarantine.

As of 5:53 AM, according to the CDC, we have 1,321 people known to be infected, with 38th deaths (30 in Washington state). We are 8th in the world; with China, Italy, Iran, South Korea, France, Spain, and Germany ahead of us.

At the end of the day, what we do not need is panic. Wash your hands, try to keep your distance from other people (6 feet), and avoid large gatherings. Trust in God and let's see what's next.

Let's see what the numbers look like at the end of the day. I suspect we will be at least at 1,500.

rtm3039

At face value, these are sensible decisions.

In Miami-Dade, we have over 390,000 students, employ over 40,000 people, and manage close to 900 schools. None have closed, but we just got our first known virus hit this morning. Surveys have been sent to families to determine how many kids have a suitable device for on-line learning. Our school system has a virtual school and they are picking up the pace to handle a larger load.

I know of no teacher/student that has been infected, but does only leave that one has not tested positive. I spend my day going from school to school to conduct investigations. Today, I am visiting five schools and three tomorrow.

This is what this is. It is going to get much worse, but it will eventually top out. You never know, this might require the whole country to self-quarantine, but there are going to be people that do not want to play.

Last night, some guy from NY took a plane to Palm Beach. He was, and new, that he was infected. Now everyone on the plane has been asked to self-quarantine.

As of 5:53 AM, according to the CDC, we have 1,321 people known to be infected, with 38th deaths (30 in Washington state). We are 8th in the world; with China, Italy, Iran, South Korea, France, Spain, and Germany ahead of us.

At the end of the day, what we do not need is panic. Wash your hands, try to keep your distance from other people (6 feet), and avoid large gatherings. Trust in God and let's see what's next.

Let's see what the numbers look like at the end of the day. I suspect we will be at least at 1,500.

rtm3039
Wow, I have to fly to NY from Miami, but looks like its getting bad.

Wow, I have to fly to NY from Miami, but looks like its getting bad.

I did not know you were here in Miami. Well, as you probably know, both the county and the city have each declared a state of emergency. Like I said before, this is not the end of the world, but it is something to take serious enough to lessen its impact. We have already canceled two air trips (one to VA and one to MO). Both were social in nature and can wait for a bit.

Now just waiting to see if they close schools now, or wait to the spring break in a week. There is a great deal of pressure to close them now, specially since everything else is being canceled.

The day is not over, so I guess we will see.

rtm3039

The racists attitudes are from people who don't know God and are trying to blame people. Its a VIRUS, not a people that is the problem. When you have a lot of people in one place, you get all sorts of problems. Its just simply that. Overcrowding and unsanitary conditions are not a feature of any particular race. It happens to people of all races.

And antibiotics do absolutely nothing. Why people prescribe them I don't know.

When you buy a lot of cheap goods from China, it's actually really your own issue if your country is not able to make your own goods. Of course manufacturing is going to be cheaper from China, simply because of the population. Do you really need all the junk that you buy? Probably not.

One town in China makes nothing but jeans. They rip them up for rich americans who like already ripped up jeans and will buy them by the container load. I'm sure the people who make them wonder why they cannot make their own clothes.

I worked on a kiwifruit orchard once, thinning out kiwifruit. What happened was the fruit got affected by a virus called PSA.

Before that we had hundreds of kiwifruit orchards, producing tonnes of kiwifruit for export. It bought in millions of dollars from the trade, and people got very rich. But when the virus hit, the the orchard industry was devastated. It was because they grew too much of one plant. So people growing kiwifruit would rip out all their plants and decide to grow something else instead. But the thing is, people shouldn't have been growing too much of one thing, exporting overseas. We couldn't even eat our own homegrown kiwifruit so all the best food would be sold overseas.

It really shows the dark side of world trade. Scientists would be scrambling to genetically engineer plants that could handle being shipped overseas but we couldn't even eat our own homegrown kiwifruit.

I can't even buy a kiwifruit vine to grow in my own garden because its been patented or something. I'll eat other fruit instead, but it just shows if you put all your eggs in one basket it's not wise. And don't get me started on Monsanto.

The racists attitudes are from people who don't know God and are trying to blame people. Its a VIRUS, not a people that is the problem. When you have a lot of people in one place, you get all sorts of problems. Its just simply that. Overcrowding and unsanitary conditions are not a feature of any particular race. It happens to people of all races.

And antibiotics do absolutely nothing. Why people prescribe them I don't know.

When you buy a lot of cheap goods from China, it's actually really your own issue if your country is not able to make your own goods. Of course manufacturing is going to be cheaper from China, simply because of the population. Do you really need all the junk that you buy? Probably not.

One town in China makes nothing but jeans. They rip them up for rich americans who like already ripped up jeans and will buy them by the container load. I'm sure the people who make them wonder why they cannot make their own clothes.
It might be worth mentioning that jeans were invented in America, back in 1873. Personally, I've never owned blue jeans from China, but I know they produce a great deal of these "knock off" products. Yes, labor cost has something to do with availability of a large work force, but mostly because people haven no choice but to work for pennies and under harsh conditions.

1584094774504.png

Sadly, it's all about the money, and I think that the Chinese economy is going to take a massive hit because of this virus. Even though you CANNOT get the virus from imported goods, a good many people will be reluctant to buy. Also, China exports a great number of 'parts' that other countries use in manufacturing. If the Chinese work-force is not working to full capacity, goods won't be exported, and a lot of businesses in other countries won't get the stuff they need to carry on manufacturing their own goods. These businesses will be forced to source parts from elsewhere.

What this virus has highlighted, is our reliance on a global economy. If one part of the chain breaks, there are global repercussions.

But, yet again, sadly, people want the cheapest options, which does not help the poor people in China (and other countries) who work hideous hours and get paid a pittance to produce super-cheap goods for other countries. If Britain produced all it's own jeans, they'd cost £100 a pair, not £10! As long as we keep on buying the cheap stuff nothing will change.

On a lighter note, people in the UK are panic buying toilet roll...????? which means that many supermarket shelves are currently empty. If anyone in the US wishes to help, please send me a roll. Or two.(y)

It highlights many problems... hopefully we can all learn from it.
- Depend on GOD. (not ourselves, supermarkets, governments, etc...)
- As Lanolin likes to say: "Read". Read more. Read the Bible, read BOOKS. Learn what people used to do. Learn a skill... how to build or repair something, how to grow & preserve food, purify water, medical/nutritional values of food, etc.
- Grow your food. Food plants grow from the same soil as grass & "weeds"... sow some seeds!
- Money isn't what matters. (Apparently now- it's TP.)
- Work together to HELP each other, instead of blaming, fighting, or ignoring each other.

I wonder how many people will turn to God and trust Him, instead of giving in to anxiety, panic, anger, & fear?

I have a challenge for this thread....
Since many people will likely be online during this time... let's try to add some encouragement in each post. I challenge each of us to consider who the people are that may be seeing this thread... those who may be sick, fearful, hungry, confused, heartbroken, facing loss of income, homeless, etc...
And when we post, let's take this opportunity to minister something useful to them. Rather than just posting "info" found from other sources, our opinion, etc.... let's consider what can we say that may be helpful to someone who feels so lost & hopeless right now.

17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
[Romans 10:17 KJV]

I propose we use this time and thread to be an encouragement to others. So whenever we post a fact, comment, opinion, link, etc.... let's try to also include a scripture, some inspiring words, or a prayer. We have an opportunity right now, to be able to reach people who need Christ.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
[Romans 10:13 KJV]

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
[Psalm 23:1-6 KJV]

28 Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.
[Matthew 11:28-30 KJV]

Sadly, it's all about the money, and I think that the Chinese economy is going to take a massive hit because of this virus. Even though you CANNOT get the virus from imported goods, a good many people will be reluctant to buy. Also, China exports a great number of 'parts' that other countries use in manufacturing. If the Chinese work-force is not working to full capacity, goods won't be exported, and a lot of businesses in other countries won't get the stuff they need to carry on manufacturing their own goods. These businesses will be forced to source parts from elsewhere.

What this virus has highlighted, is our reliance on a global economy. If one part of the chain breaks, there are global repercussions.

But, yet again, sadly, people want the cheapest options, which does not help the poor people in China (and other countries) who work hideous hours and get paid a pittance to produce super-cheap goods for other countries. If Britain produced all it's own jeans, they'd cost £100 a pair, not £10! As long as we keep on buying the cheap stuff nothing will change.

I agree, but, if we stop buying the cheap stuff, these folks end up with even less than what little they do get. It is a vicious circle.

Back