Hey, I dont make this stuff up, I just pass it along.

" This month, the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia made the same assertion that several other American towns had made regarding the musician's hugely successful concerts: that Taylor Swift's tour had increased travel and tourism in the area. Last month, market research company QuestionPro predicted that her tour will boost the global economy by $5 billion."
Source........https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/taylor-swift also CBS News.com

Major, it's not you to whom I am applying the critical thinking. I have grave doubts that the Federal Reserve bank can defend the idea that $5B can make any significant boost to a world economy that's actually in the trillions. It's how they define "boost" that I'm questioning. $5B isn't enough to cause even a noticeable bump along that highway. The car has already fallen into a huge pothole, so any bump upward would have to launch the car completely up and out of the chasm into which the economies are falling.

Maybe my critical thinking cap is too large, with a brim that blocks out even the dim, acrid lights mankind is trying to cast outward as a beacon of hope in the strength of his own arm, but I simply don't buy it. We both agree that with God in control, that alone is the one item in the scheme of reality in which we all can trust.

Taylor may have made some improvements in a couple of local economies, and had some ripple effects world-wide in a couple of industries, such as airlines and hotels and food, but the magnitude of what it will take to get the world pulled up out of the hole it has dug for itself, THAT will take a far more impressive force to make a real difference. For example, demands for rentals has gone so high because of outrageous interest rates, that the negative ripples are being felt all over. Rental property owners are using the supply-demand excuse for their greed.

Anyway, on a cosmological scale, no entertainer can really make that much of a dent in the armor of greed for money and power, just like the fact that the laws of physics will never allow man to approach, much less exceed, the speed of light to do any cosmic travel. Mankind will self-destruct before Star Trek ever became even a distant possibility. The Lord Himself has already said in His Laws that man will remain stuck on this earth.

MM

Major, it's not you to whom I am applying the critical thinking. I have grave doubts that the Federal Reserve bank can defend the idea that $5B can make any significant boost to a world economy that's actually in the trillions. It's how they define "boost" that I'm questioning. $5B isn't enough to cause even a noticeable bump along that highway. The car has already fallen into a huge pothole, so any bump upward would have to launch the car completely up and out of the chasm into which the economies are falling.

Maybe my critical thinking cap is too large, with a brim that blocks out even the dim, acrid lights mankind is trying to cast outward as a beacon of hope in the strength of his own arm, but I simply don't buy it. We both agree that with God in control, that alone is the one item in the scheme of reality in which we all can trust.

Taylor may have made some improvements in a couple of local economies, and had some ripple effects world-wide in a couple of industries, such as airlines and hotels and food, but the magnitude of what it will take to get the world pulled up out of the hole it has dug for itself, THAT will take a far more impressive force to make a real difference. For example, demands for rentals has gone so high because of outrageous interest rates, that the negative ripples are being felt all over. Rental property owners are using the supply-demand excuse for their greed.

Anyway, on a cosmological scale, no entertainer can really make that much of a dent in the armor of greed for money and power, just like the fact that the laws of physics will never allow man to approach, much less exceed, the speed of light to do any cosmic travel. Mankind will self-destruct before Star Trek ever became even a distant possibility. The Lord Himself has already said in His Laws that man will remain stuck on this earth.

MM
I understand and took no offence! All I did was pass along the local news facts!

I have never seen ball lightning but when I was growing up, older people was terrified of it.

I wonder if suns form on a giant scale the way a small plasmoid may?

I donā€™t know MM, you will know more about it all than I, being a scientist. All I do is read the theories.
When I was a young kid living in west Texas, I sometimes witnessed ball lightening. It was eerie and terrifying. If it got attracted to someone or something, there was no escaping it; it followed you, even into a house.

When I was a young kid living in west Texas, I sometimes witnessed ball lightening. It was eerie and terrifying. If it got attracted to someone or something, there was no escaping it; it followed you, even into a house.
Are you serious or pulling my leg?
I only have stories of people talking about being scared of it, but no one ever witnessing it.

Are you serious or pulling my leg?
I only have stories of people talking about being scared of it, but no one ever witnessing it.
No, I definitely once saw it strike one of the posts on our carport. It just floated and hovered in the air when it suddenly moved with lightening speed (pun not intended) toward the carport post. To avoid becoming a target, when you saw it, you had to quickly get indoors and close the doors before it got attracted to you.

Last edited:
Back