Covenant Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, or nearly the same parties (God and man), different agreement.

Old =>
If you keep my commandments you are my people and will dwell with me forever as I promised Abraham.

New =>
If you believe (special meaning of belief) in Christ's payment for your personal sin, you will enter God's Kingdom.

A few differences: The Old Covenant was with Abraham and specifically dealt with his descendants, even through others could be included in the covenant, while the New Covenant is generalized toward all men.

By appearances, the Old Covenant was oriented towards Israel as a people, and only incidentally individuals, while the new covenant is oriented as personal choice, the aggregate of separate choices defining His People.

Much of the differences disap[ear when you look close and reflect. All saved men, whether or not they came before Jesus are saved through the cross.

Same, or nearly the same parties (God and man), different agreement.

Old =>
If you keep my commandments you are my people and will dwell with me forever as I promised Abraham.

New =>
If you believe (special meaning of belief) in Christ's payment for your personal sin, you will enter God's Kingdom.

A few differences: The Old Covenant was with Abraham and specifically dealt with his descendants, even through others could be included in the covenant, while the New Covenant is generalized toward all men.

By appearances, the Old Covenant was oriented towards Israel as a people, and only incidentally individuals, while the new covenant is oriented as personal choice, the aggregate of separate choices defining His People.

Much of the differences disap[ear when you look close and reflect. All saved men, whether or not they came before Jesus are saved through the cross.

Agreed.

Thank you for your replies.
I will post soon. I ignored the Father and kept going on a few hours sleep a night for weeks. Now I am exhausted and fighting a sinus infection.

Well I reaped what I sowed that's for sure.
Blessings
FCJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back