Covid-19 Vaccine.. are we to stay away from it or does God say it's safe to get the vaccine?

They can use any sterile tissue for growing a vaccine. Not sure why people might use human/fetal tissue, but maybe there's lots of it.
FYI:
The cells are not used as a growing medium. They use fetal stem cells because they are a very simple cell that can be made to generate any of many kinds of cells.

When the president was treated for covid the researchers used stem cells to create a cell with spikes similar to the covid virus so they could test whether the experimental drug would bind to the spike on the virus. Of course they could have used real covid virus, but that would have been dangerous, even in a lab setting. By using stem cells that trained to mimic that one feature of the covid virus it greatly simplified protocols to keep it from escaping the lab or affecting researchers and enabled faster development.

The problem with stem cells is that they are only conveniently harvested from embryos. It is feared that this would make a market for fetuses and thus encourage abortions. So, as a compromise there are a relatively small number of stem cell strains from fetuses aborted years ago that may be used for research (at least in the USA).

It is unclear if they are used at all in the creation any of the vaccines, but I find that they always specify that no such cells are actually in the vaccines rather than say that stem cells are not used at all in their development a little ambiguous.

I find the FDA regulations from the US rather ambiguous.

Sometimes it's like plastic manufacturers saying this bag is made from 15% recycled materials. Um ok. So what?

This was actually printed on a plastic bank bag used to deposit money that they make all the customers use at the bank. You can't just use a resuable bag or put it in an envelope apparently.

As I indicated in my post... "actual vaccines for distribution do not contain material from these cells".

But I have noted a lot of careful wording by both the developers and the agencies that want us to take the vaccines.

Apparently, the cells are not used in the same way as in stem cell therapies where the undifferentiated cells are used to create various types of cells in the patient. But they can still be used in other less direct manners, like developing cells that exhibit desired proteins, which are then harvested and used in making the vaccines. Other indirect uses are possible and the vaccines would still not contain those cells.

The thing is that if those cells that did come from abortions were not available, no vaccine.

The question to ask is were stem cells used in any manner as precursors to the vaccine.

I note that the Catholic Church in Ireland discussed this issue and decided that use of the vaccine was acceptable if no alternative is available.

From......https://factcheckni.org/

• No COVID-19 vaccine contains cells from aborted fetuses.
  • A replica cell line from a fetus aborted in 1973 was used to develop the AstraZeneca/Oxford University vaccine. However, the vaccine itself does not contain fetal cells.
  • New mRNA vaccines, such as those being developed by Pfizer and Moderna, are synthetic vaccines, sequenced on a computer in a lab, and do not use fetal cell lines in their production.

From......https://factcheckni.org/

• No COVID-19 vaccine contains cells from aborted fetuses.
  • A replica cell line from a fetus aborted in 1973 was used to develop the AstraZeneca/Oxford University vaccine. However, the vaccine itself does not contain fetal cells.
  • New mRNA vaccines, such as those being developed by Pfizer and Moderna, are synthetic vaccines, sequenced on a computer in a lab, and do not use fetal cell lines in their production.
So, if a vaccine was developed using fetal cells but the vaccine itself does not contain them, does this link the use of the vaccine to abortions?

If so, should that vaccine be avoided?

If not then is there does such acceptance promote the continued use of fetal tissue for drug and vaccine development and thus provide an underlying market for tissues attained from abortions?

Note that there are many lines of stem cells not associated with human abortions. I know that mice are used as hosts maintaining some lines, there are other methods of obtaining cells that have been 'rejuvenated' - made to regress from differentiated cells but none of these have the utility of fetal versions.

Apart from COVID-19, this is particularly of issue for people suffering from some problems with some neurological diseases. The restrictions concerning using federal funds for research involving fetal stem cells make the development of targeted therapies difficult.

So, if a vaccine was developed using fetal cells but the vaccine itself does not contain them, does this link the use of the vaccine to abortions?

If so, should that vaccine be avoided?

If not then is there does such acceptance promote the continued use of fetal tissue for drug and vaccine development and thus provide an underlying market for tissues attained from abortions?

Note that there are many lines of stem cells not associated with human abortions. I know that mice are used as hosts maintaining some lines, there are other methods of obtaining cells that have been 'rejuvenated' - made to regress from differentiated cells but none of these have the utility of fetal versions.

Apart from COVID-19, this is particularly of issue for people suffering from some problems with some neurological diseases. The restrictions concerning using federal funds for research involving fetal stem cells make the development of targeted therapies difficult.

I am not caring to argue your point. I actually agree with your opinion. All I am saying is that from what I have been able to find out,
No COVID-19 vaccine contains cells from aborted fetuses. That was from the "AP" and "Factcheck" websites.

Can I just step in and say to all posters please don't spread disinformation.

I know we all have our opinions but its on us to check the facts and be sensible about this.

speculations about abortions and fetal tissue use are a completely separate issue from the current covid-19 vaccine.

A vaccine by definition contains cells from a weak virus, NOT other types of cells. It provides immunity. which is a GOOD THING.

If you want to talk about botox, collagen or neurological diseases, stem cells and medical misadventures, that's another thread.

Back