Created for Worship

This is my Thursday Daily Devotional. I receive these from a preacher in California. I thought I would share it with you today because I feel the need deep within me to always speak to God and worship Him. I believe what this preacher says to be true. I do believe we were created with the need to worship. Who or what do you choose to worship?

Created for Worship

"You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created."
—Revelation 4:11

Everyone, no matter who they are, worships someone or something. Certainly we don’t all worship the true God in Heaven. Some worship a god of their own making. Others worship the true and living God. Some people worship people. They worship sports heroes, actors, or musicians. Some people worship themselves. Some people worship possessions. But everyone worships someone or something.

Every person everywhere worships, because worship is the fundamental drive of life. God created us with a drive, with a sense there is something more to life than what we experience on this earth.

The Bible says that God has placed eternity in our hearts (Ecclesiastes 3:11). That simply means there is a recognition and a sense there is something more in life. In reality, our ultimate purpose in life is not to attain success, fame, or even happiness, per se. Our ultimate purpose in life is to know the God who made us. And until we enter into that relationship, we are falling short of what is possible and attainable to us.

By the way, I’m a great animal lover. I love all types of animals. But I also recognize that as wonderful and as intelligent as they are, they are a different type of creation altogether. The Bible clearly teaches that God uniquely created man in His own image. God has not placed eternity in the heart of a bird, a cat, or a dog. He has not placed eternity in the hearts of animals; He has only placed it in the hearts of human beings. And that causes people everywhere to worship.

The true God, the living God, the only God, the God of the Bible, is the One to worship. We were created to bring pleasure to God. We were created to worship the Lord.

Copyright © 2017 by Harvest Ministries. All rights reserved.
Harvest Ministries with Greg Laurie
P.O. Box 4000, Riverside, CA 92514-4000 Phone: 1-800-821-3300

Last edited by a moderator:
Back