Cross Reference Bible?

crossnote

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Can any one recommend a Cross Reference Bible they have used?

NOTE: Some think because some bibles don't have notes but only references, they are not biased. This isn't necessarily true as some with an agenda can simply leave out any cross references that don't fit their agenda, and add a few that do.

Hello crossnote;

I have used the KJV and ESV cross reference Bibles and the NIV Life Application Study Bible that have all benefited and blessed me in my growing study. It's an investment of $30.00 to $50.00 each.

If they are biased I wouldn't use them, or if they stimulate opinions of personal reference which I do respect, I still have chosen these text for my study and has definitely worked for me.

I hope this helps in your research, brother.

I have a Strong's Concordance for the KJV and an NLT Study bible. When I am looking things up, I compare NKJV with the NLT and then the KJV and look up in the Strong's for original meanings. This usually gives me a good idea of the intended meaning. My KJV and NLT have cross references in them, so I use them, the concordance for other verses with same words in them and online commentaries for possible references. Then I compare what I find. Multiple sources is my best way to do it. It also helps to study to know which books of the Bible have certain info in them and the subject of what is discussed in each.

Back