Back From Our Cruise to Alaska and Canada

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Good morning brothers and sisters;

My wife and I have had a busy 2024 thus far both challenging and blessings.

In March we booked a Princess Cruise to Alaska and Canada and leave on Sunday the 26th from San Francisco and return on Thursday June 6. We got a good deal for the 11 days. It'll be a time to relax and enjoy and decided no wifi / internet until we get back.

Is anyone is familiar with Alaska or Victoria Island, Canada? Our stops will be at Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and the Endicott Arm and Dawes Glazier (scenic).

We celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary on June 1. On June 3rd we'll spend the day at Victoria Island, Canada where I hope to see the bagpipe player that we met many years ago when we visited some friends in Vancouver.

A couple of weeks ago I watched the movie, Titanic. YIKES!

We leave after Church this Sunday. Please pray for our safe travels.

God bless you all and thanks.

Oh my goodness BOB..... I am THRILLED for you.... absolutely thrilled. This is the BEST of all cruises ( in my opinion )... but I don't like hot places so .... I hope you get to see some whales. The scenery along the Alaskan passage is breath taking ( from what I have seen ).

Not familiar with Victoria Island...but I think it's an island.. HAHAHAHAHA ( I crack myself up ). I know a few mooses that live in BC.

I will definitely be praying for you my dear BRATTY brother. Oh my goodness... what ever will I do while Bob is gone... no one to pester and tease..... ****** Looks for DA MOOSE. :D

Hope you and Hazel have a beautiful time Bob. Will be praying for your safe travels.

we will of course expect to see some photos when you get back.
Please do not try to smuggle out the snails that belong to In Awe of Him

God Bless

Bob I’m sure a much scenic cruise awaits you both. More so being your summer months I’m sure as your cruise takes you up around Canada even more beautiful. It be bag pipes you seek. Not worry plenty of bag pipes everywhere. As to the titanic I recommend a book to keep you on your toes through the Journey. Just in case you become bored with all that blue ocean yonder : ) . Bob enjoy your holiday 9BA892E6-FE7B-4EE5-8A44-14CF8BD64E9A.jpeg

Me and my cousin Bubba was fishin' on the Mississippi River near New Orleans a few years back, and this is what we had to deal with... (Bob, is yer life insurance premium paid up?)

tumblr_ns5lqi5tw11rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Me and my cousin Bubba was fishin' on the Mississippi River near New Orleans a few years back, and this is what we had to deal with... (Bob, is yer life insurance premium paid up?)

tumblr_ns5lqi5tw11rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Bob I’m sure a much scenic cruise awaits you both. More so being your summer months I’m sure as your cruise takes you up around Canada even more beautiful. It be bag pipes you seek. Not worry plenty of bag pipes everywhere. As to the titanic I recommend a book to keep you on your toes through the Journey. Just in case you become bored with all that blue ocean yonder : ) . Bob enjoy your holiday View attachment 10961

YIKES!

We'll be on the Pacific Ocean where sharks out here get real hungry for Christians. Nothing like a good book Titanic and hungry sharks while on a cruise. lol!

Shark - Ready to Eat
Shark - Ready to Eat. Shark with its mouth open wide, wearing a neckerchief, holding a knife and fork, swimming in the ocean.

God bless everyone!

That's wonderful and exciting Bob. Princess Cruises are lots of fun. You and Hazel will be pampered. I'm not familiar with Alaska lol just know its plenty of ice.
Pray you will be safe and enjoy every moment.

Aw yea I'm kind of taking a break no Princess cruise booked though!
Wellness is what I need so keep praying for that...I do miss you all.
I heard they have hula hoop contests on the cruises..and there's bible studies in the chapel - maybe check them out if you're not watching the Love Boat in your cabin.

I only know Vancouver is sometimes known as Hongcouver (big chinese population) and that there's bears hungry for salmon round Victoria Island.

Bob I’m sure a much scenic cruise awaits you both. More so being your summer months I’m sure as your cruise takes you up around Canada even more beautiful. It be bag pipes you seek. Not worry plenty of bag pipes everywhere. As to the titanic I recommend a book to keep you on your toes through the Journey. Just in case you become bored with all that blue ocean yonder : ) . Bob enjoy your holiday
Aw yea I'm kind of taking a break no Princess cruise booked though! Wellness is what I need so keep praying for that...I do miss you all. I heard they have hula hoop contests on the cruises..and there's bible studies in the chapel - maybe check them out if you're not watching the Love Boat in your cabin. I only know Vancouver is sometimes known as Hongcouver (big chinese population) and that there's bears hungry for salmon round Victoria Island.

God bless you, Lanolin; It's always good to see you back here and I miss reading your threads and posts.

When Prim90 fellowships with us you both remind me of each other being neighbors from New Zealand and Australia. That's a blessing to me.

Hazel and I returned home last Thursday, June 6th from our 39th wedding anniversary on the Crown Princess. Princess Cruise has different flavored names for their ships. This was our 3rd ever and best cruise. We intentionally reserved 5pm dinner and open to sit with others. This gave us the opportunity to meet the other passengers and share our faith.

I'm not a big photographer but here are some of my best photos. The totem pole is where the bagpipe player, Glen McLay played. I spoke with a resident at the wharf and he recalled Glen and said he hadn't been playing for some time. We both agreed he may have retired.

More to share...

Attachments

• Skagway.jpg
    Skagway.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Totem Pole Victoria.jpg
    Totem Pole Victoria.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Whale Sculpture Victoria 1.jpg
    Whale Sculpture Victoria 1.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 3
God bless you, Lanolin; It's always good to see you back here and I miss reading your threads and posts.

When Prim90 fellowships with us you both remind me of each other being neighbors from New Zealand and Australia. That's a blessing to me.

Hazel and I returned home last Thursday, June 6th from our 39th wedding anniversary on the Crown Princess. Princess Cruise has different flavored names for their ships. This was our 3rd ever and best cruise. We intentionally reserved 5pm dinner and open to sit with others. This gave us the opportunity to meet the other passengers and share our faith.

I'm not a big photographer but here are some of my best photos. The totem pole is where the bagpipe player, Glen McLay played. I spoke with a resident at the wharf and he recalled Glen and said he hadn't been playing for some time. We both agreed he may have retired.

More to share...
Bob looks like you and Hazel have had a great time. You send us all photos of lthe Snow capped mountains still looks very wintery and cold your side of the world, much like Australia & NZ at the moment with our winter mths here. The Totem pole looks very familiar to many sacred relics that be a hop skip and a jump over in NZ from us here in Australia. I do wonder if there be a cultural connection ? I sorry to hear about bagpipe blower Glens retirement. But I sure blowing bagpipes must be rather exhausting for the elderly. I sure someone more youthful who blows better 🙋🏻‍♀️ will eventually come along to continue age old tradition. Happy to know you all safely back . May God continue to bless you both . Yours Prim

Back