CULTS--A Systematic Teaching

STUDY OF THE CULTS #1

Laying the Foundation....Ephesians 4.

This is a teaching I have used over the years in order to explain why YOU are a Christian and Identify those who say that they are but are not.
This us usually done with a back and forth with input from all attending. This will be different, but I will try to make it work. I will break it up in segments and as always encourage everyone who reads it to ask questions and make comments so as to further the conversation. Now please understand this is NOT in any way a vehechile to cause arguments or division. It is simply a Seminary teaching class offered as such and nothing more to educate and inform-not to divide.

So...........What is a CULT??? When people hear the word cult, they often think of a group that worships Satan, sacrifices animals, or takes part in evil, bizarre, and pagan rituals. Usually, though, a cult is more narrowly defined, and the word refers to an unorthodox sect whose members distort the original doctrines of the religion. In a Christian context, the definition of a cult is, specifically, “a religious group that denies one or more of the fundamentals of biblical truth.”
A cult is a group that teaches doctrines that, if believed, will cause a person to remain unsaved. A cult claims to be part of a religion, yet it denies essential truth(s) of that religion. Therefore, a Christian cult will deny one or more of the fundamental truths of Christianity while still claiming to be Christian.

The 1st thing you will need is your Bible. Please turn in it to Ephesians chapter #4. OK.....here we go!

1. WHAT IS THE NEED?

A. MATURITY. - vs #1 = "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ".

We as children of the most High God need to know what we believe and why we believe it. If you believe that you have a calling or desire to do the work of a Christian, YOU must above all other things know why. If you do not, then what you are doing will become a chore, or a ritual and the desire will fade and disappear. Then you will be only a "religiose lost person".

B. UNITY- vs #13 = "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ".

In order to have power/ability to evangelize the world and advance the cause of Christ, we must be in ONE mind and one accord.
Ephesians 4:2-3 = "With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.".

C. FIDELITY - vs 14 = "That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive".

If we know what God's Word says, we will not be confused by other teachings and we will be able to stand on the truth that God has given us.
We do not need to run or hide or make up something that sounds acceptable to those who are teaching something different than what is found in the Bible.
What is required is to read the Word of God, Understand it and then Stand on it.

II. WHY IS THERE A NEED?

1. AUTHORITY. (vs #15)
We can not speak what we do not know. If we have it settled on the authority of God's Word then we can only speak it boldly through the power of the Holy Spirit. THEN and only then will we be effective witnesses. If we have the truth, then we need to spaek it boldly and with all authority in love.

2. VANITY (vs #17)
Many are walking around today with a mind or belief of things that are empty, and profitless. Our minds need to be in fact must be full ofthe things of Christ that we may be believable to those who are in darkness.

3. OBSCURITY (vs #18)
Those involved in "Cults" do not understand or are ignorant of the truth. They are wandering around in the dark and need someone with the light of life to show them the way out of the darkness.

4 TENACITY ( vs #27)
We must learn to be "stubborn/unyielding" in our stand for truth. At the same time, we must be compassionate if we are to make a difference.
Satan would have us make fun of them in order to condemn them and when that is done, Stan wins. We will not win a Cultist by condemning them.

5. VULGARITY....(vs #29)
We must be careful to not use offensive words. Attack never wins a soul. They will not understand the truth, only they you are telling them that they are wrong. You will be turned out and NO seed will have been sown.

6. PONDEROSITY vs #30.
If they know that you are a Baptist they may attack all Baptists. That is because the flesh wants to retaliate! But do not step into that trap. Our battle in this is spiritual. Offensive attacks carry a heavy burden on the Spirit. Always remember this fact......YOU do not convert or save anyone. Only the Holy Spirit does that. We only plant seeds and water. Without the sunlight of the Holy Spirit there is NO growth.

OK.......enough for 1st lesson. Please feel free to respond, ask questions or make comments. Remember, lots of people will read what you post so alway remember to be NICE TO ME!;)

Yes That’s true.
Now, I want to see if I have any false doctrines in me. This is a good thread which may reveal some untruths.

Blessings M

Via......I have been teaching how to recognize a Cult and what a Cult is now or a very long time. Actually it was the basis for my thesis.

Please remember this important fact........A CULT will not dispute Bible doctrines. They will instead ADD to it their opinions and demands.
There are 3 important factors to jot down and rememebr............
1. Cults emerge from claims of personal revelation.

2. Cults ALWAYS incorporate partial truths in their doctrines.

3. Cults always present other ways to God.

STUDY OF THE CULTS #2

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL ??????

The "Big Deal" is that there are some in this world who are preaching another Jesus, another gospel and another Spirit.

1 Timothy 4:1............
"“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;”

So, if some will depart from the Christian faith in favor of false doctrines, then it is a BIG DEAL! Some are ignorant of the truth and need some who are rooted and grounded in solid Bible doctrinal truth to stand firm on the Word of God and throw them a life line to survive.

1 Corinthians 11:1-4............
"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

As you can see, Paul feared for the people in the Corinthian church, that Satan would seduce them and their minds through trickery and craftyness just as he did Eve. It is extremely important for us to know God's Word and listen to the Holy Spirit. Satan will attack our minds and if are not alert, we will "rationalize" what seems right intellectually and accept that rather than what God actually did say.
That is exactly what happened to Eve.

Beguiled = to seduce wholly
Corrupted = withered, shriveled, ruined
Subtilty = trickery, craftiness
Simplicity = singleness

As Eve did, Paul was afraid believers in Corinth would also be deceived in their mind and that they would shrivel from the truth which is and always has been SINGLENESS IN CHRIST!. His full sufficiency for salvation is the point. Cults and others are teaching Christ PLUS Something else. They have been deceived.

Some of the "Deceptions" are, but not limited to ............
1. ANOTHER JESUS. (Different).
They claim to believe in Jesus Christ while teaching He was not God, not the only begotten Son of God and His sacrifice was not sufficient. They claim WORKS are also needed in order to be saved. They claim that water baptism is also needed. In other words.....
the Jesus we have, needs our help in order for us to be saved.

2. ANOTHER SPIRIT.
That phrase says "THINK" about it, does it seem right to you"? Folks.........it does not make one hill of beans what we THINK!
The only think in this life that matters and make a difference is what God says!!!! Write that down. Learn it and live it. It is the fact of life.

3. ANOTHER GOSPEL.(Message)
Good news is the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ! The "GOOD NEWS BIBLE" translation as well as the "NEW WORLD TRANSLATION" translation removes the words "good news" from their product.

More than 50 times, those translations removed the word BLOOD from the actual Scriptures. A gospel that removes the Blood of Christ from the Bible is another gospel. There are several other so-called good messages that appeal to mans intellect and that is what deceptive means.

4. FALSE APOSTLES.
The Bible fact is that there is NO such thing today as an Apostles. There are Preachers and teachers but there are NO Apostles or Prophets.

The Bible says that a man had to be alive when the Resurrection of Jesus took place or have a face to face calling from Him.
NO ONE can qualify for the office of an Apostle today. Some will make claims but only those who are ignorant of the Word of God will accept those claims.

There are NO prophets today simply because we have the written Word of God. It would be helpful to all if all understood this.............
There is a difference between the "gift" of prophecy (defending and speaking forth the ESTABLISHED Word of God) and the "Office" of Prophet (speaking forth NEW revelations from God and establishing scripture).

Hebrews 1"1-3..........
" In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.".

Conclusion​

Any prophets today that are speaking new revelations are ADDING TO the Word of God that was already established, which scripture forbids. When people claim that we must listen to the visions and new revelations spoken by today's "profits" they are telling us the Scripture is insufficient for our needs which leads us to listen to men instead of God and ignore the Word of God, the Bible. This is exactly what Satan wants us to do.

5. DECEITFUL WORKERS.

These are people who have fallen into the trap. They have been deceived and are now brainwashed. They claim to be ambassadors for Christ when in fact they are working for Satan.

When we read 1 Timothy (Above) we can see that in the "Latter Days" some shall...............

1. Depart from the faith = off standing from reliance upon Christ ONLY for salvation. This is achieved by giving heed to the thought of our minds.

2.Doctines of Devils = Demons. Misleading, imposters/these beings will lead us astray. They prey on the intellect and FEELINGS.
They will entice and lure people through the lusts of the flesh by using substitutes and decoys.

3. Speak Lies un hypocrisy= Words are said such as........."I can help you see the truth"!----"Let ME tell you what God really meant"!
They promote a ticket to heaven while actually providing a trip to hell.
Now it is also important to remember that these people are totally SINCERE because they are committed to a cause not of their own but of Satan.

4. Have their Conscience Seared = Brainwashed. Their understanding and conscience has been rendered insensitive. They can not see because their minds have been CAUTERIZED by the doctrines of demons. CAUTERIZATION is the process used medically to stop the bleeding. Since we are saved BY THE BLOOD.......is it any wonder that Satan would sear heir minds to stop the cleansing power of the blood of Jesus.

Many today who are lost think that they are right. HELL was prepared for Satan and his demons. Satan wants company so he is working to take as many humans as he can with him. He is doing that by offering a DECOY or a SUBSTITUTE. He know that if they miss heaven by an inch..........they miss heaven! He offers them then.....RELIGEOUSE CULTS in place of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Because of that the Lords gives us all warning signs to watch out for.

1. FALSE PROPHETS
2. FALSE APOSTLES
3. THOSE WHO CLAIM TO KNOW ANOTHER WAY TO GOD
4. WE CAN DO THINGS TO PLEASE GOD

So then, I pose the same question I started with.....WHATS THE BIG DEAL?

IF...IF you ever had a child who was involved in a religious CULT, you would never ask that question.
You see friends........folks are clinging to a rope that is attached to a LIE and swinging out over a lake of fire. Have YOU offered them an anchor and is that anchor the Rock which is the Christ?

THINK.....If you were in the Garden of Eden, would you have tried to stop Eve??????

WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL?.........ALL people need the truth and the truth is the only thing that will set a man free from sin!

Thanks for reading and please feel free to add to and or comment. Commensts and discussion is what makes Bible study relevant and useful!

I FEEL LIKE THAT AT THIS POINT IN THIS STUDY I NEED TO POST A DISCLAIMER.

I am a Bible person. I am a born again Christian with degrees in Bible Studies but first and foremost I am a Bible teacher and not a denominational person. This Bible study has nothing to do with any DENOMINATIONAL POSITION!

IF you follow along and at some point you feel as if 'I" am picking on YOUR choice of faith or denominational stance, please understand that it is NOT ME you are concerned with. That FEELING you may be having is the conviction of the HOLY SPIRIT.

Now this forum is world wide and I know that some who are in the Mormon faith, or Jehovah Witnesses, Hindu, Catholic or etc. will say -
That ole Major is picking on my faith. Please take notice that what you are reading is from the Word of God and it is the Holy Spirit who
guides and directs and yes, convicts with those kind of feelings. Now, the question is, WHAT DO YOU DO ABOUT WHAT YOU FEEL????

Now I promise you that from this point on you will see things posted that will challenge your perception of what you think is right.

Please do not fall for the trick of SATAN to argue and confront with anger with me over what God has already said.

Do you dig in and read and do the work and study or do you get mad and yell and run away!

CULT STUDY #3

"How to Recognize A Cult"

There may be more but there are at least FOUR (4) basic deceptions used by Satan in all Cults. All of these are warned of in 2 Corth. 11:3-4
"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

Satan has always used false RELIGIONS, fasle PROPHETS, and false DOCTRINES to spread his deceptions.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15..........
"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

1. BEWARE OF ANOTHER AUTHORITY:
A. There are those who "ADD" to the Word of God. (Rev. 22:18---Proverbs 30:5-6)
B. There are those who subtract from the Word of God. (Rev. 22:19 7 Deut. 4:2; Deut. 12:32)
C. There are those who add TRADITIONS. (Matthew 15:9)
D. There are those who will add EXPERIENCES. (1 John 4:1)

2. BEWARE OF ANOTHER MESSIAH.
A. Some teach that Jesus was "only" a man.
B. Some teach that Jesus was "only" a prophet.
C. Some teach that Jesus was a "god". (Little g = one of many or Poly thesism)
D. Some teach that God was not incarnated in Jesus as the Christ.

3. BEWARE OF THOSE WHO TEACH ANOTHER GOSPEL
A. Salvation is of man.
B. Salvation is through a church.
C. Salvation is through works and deeds done.
D. Salvation is through water baptism.

4. BEWARE OF ANOTHER SPIRIT.
A. "Another Spirit" exalts a man above what is found in the Scriptures and speaks more of man than Jesus Christ.
B. "Another Spirit" puts a greater emphasis on physical healing than spiritual healing.
C. "Another Spirit" emphasizes material prosperity instead of spiritual growth.
D. "Another Spirit" exalts the Holy Spirit above the Lord Jesus Christ.
E. "Another Spirit" speaks more of Satan than does Jesus.
F. "Another Spirit" will deny the Bible doctrine of "Eternal Security".
G. "Another Spirit" will set date for the return of Christ and focus more on the 2nd Coming than the salvation of the lost.
H. "Another Spirit" will teach that we must follow and do the rituals of tradition instead of what the Bible actually says.
I. "Another Spirit" will teach that man is really good and worthy of salvation.

Now as you read those words, some and maybe all are saying..........."That is what I have been taught all my life".

You see, people everywhere are being deceived and deceiving others. It is the old proverb that says..............
"We like what we know, even if what we know is wrong."

You see, we as humans really at heart do not want to know the truth. We are comfortable with what know and it is WORK to learn the truth because WE KNOW IT MEANS WE HAVE TO CHANGE! -----
BINGO! Phycoligically.....I just told you what you already knew.

Why do you think that the lost man denies God and rejects the Lord Jesus Christ in order to be saved from the Judgment?????

Because HE KNOWS it will cause him to have to change! He likes his sin. His drunkenness, his sensual choices, his drugs, his lying and stealing. He thinks that IGNORANCE = bliss!!!!

Folks.....MOST, not some but MOST of humanity will die in their sin and spend eternity in the Lake of Fire because of ignorance.

NOT because the knowledge of the TRUTH is not available to them, but because they CHOOSE to not know it. We do not need to be ignorant of Satans devices and must recognize ERROR and FALSE teachings of cults and know how to correct it. When we do, we will be able to be effective witnesses for Christ.

And and…
2000 years ago all this happened.
How on earth can we ever ever find anything belonging to a man named Jesus after all these years?
Who saw Him first? Mary Magdalene. And the disciples. I wasn’t there.

Well where is she? Isn’t it all just a nice story ?

I still like and believe His teachings on Love so don’t think I am dissing you. In fact it’s only for some of you on here I’m still here and working it all out.

God created Reason right?

Blessings, people.
If Mary were alive today would you believe her testimony? If it was just a made up story why would the apostles die such violent deaths? Not a single one of them said they made it up, they continued to preach and teach Jesus and the good news of salvation. These have testified of the truth, if you will not believe the eyewitnesses what more proof would you need? The bible is certainly accurate both in reporting history and, as we can attest to now, it's future predictions of what people will be like.

Via,
Nobody ever argued that the tomb was not empty. The Jewish leaders claimed that the followers of Jesus came in the night and took his body while the guards were asleep. The problem with this is that the guards would be put to death if they fell asleep on watch. Another problem is how did the followers move the stone without waking the guards? If it is said that they over powered the guards, why were they not able to do so when Jesus was arrested? No mere man could have resurrected from the dead, but, nothing is impossible for God.

Via,
Nobody ever argued that the tomb was not empty. The Jewish leaders claimed that the followers of Jesus came in the night and took his body while the guards were asleep. The problem with this is that the guards would be put to death if they fell asleep on watch. Another problem is how did the followers move the stone without waking the guards? If it is said that they over powered the guards, why were they not able to do so when Jesus was arrested? No mere man could have resurrected from the dead, but, nothing is impossible for God.

Yes.
Another expliantion at that time was that dogs came and pulled the body out.

Via,
You know, what does it really matter if He is a man or God or both?

I’m happy with His teachings. I think sometimes, i got angry the other day when someone on here said something and triggered me.

I have an image of Christ as some hippy guy in white robes and a halo. How can we even know what he looked like anyway?

I’m just being picky and reason has in fact gotten hold of me.

Your Right. Faith in His Teachings is in fact what really matters isn’t it?

The rest is just commentary.

Blessings and carry on.

It means everything my dear!!!!!!!

He became as a MAN to die for men. But because He was God, He could not stay dead hence the Resurrection.

WE DO NOT know what Jesus looked like. What we do know is that He was a Jewish man.

NO...........IT is NOT faith in His teachings that save us.
It is NOT the cross that save us.

It is the shed blood of God that satisfies God which saves us! Without the blood there is no salvation!

Please remember this, it is very very important. The words you read in the gospel story are testimonies of the eye witnesses! There are verified because each one is proven by the other ones and actual history itself. Even the skeptic of that day and the historians that recorded history confirm that there was indeed a MAN CRUCIFIED.

Now, either Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Mary, Mary Magdalene, James, and all the others all got together and made up a story and then they decided that no matter how much the Romas terrorized them and beat them and harassed the...they would in FACT DIE to keep the lie that they made up. Now is that more believable that what the Bible says is the Ressurrection?

STUDY OF THE CULTS #4

"BEATING THE BIG FOUR"

The Big Four are those Deceptive ways on how to recognize a Cult in our last lesson and they were..............

1. Another Authority
2. Another Messiah
3. Another Gospel
4. Another Spirit.

Once you have learned how to recognize the FOUR (4) basic deceptions used by the Cults, you must then learn to take the offensive position in order to win them to Christ. You will note that a good offence begins with a good defense. Romans 12:21 says............
" Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. "

1. Do not be overcome in your own power.
Stay within the Word of God. Remember.....those in Cults, more than not have read the Bible
and it was used by Cult members to indoctrinate them into their cult.
Example: "The Bible says that God is love.....Your Christian parents threw you out of their home, Do you feel loved right now."

2. Do not be afraid!.
YOU have nothing to lose whatsoever and a soul to gain. God does not give us a spirit of fear in order to live.
Should be live in fear of a Lion? YES!
Fear is like the monster under your kids’ beds — its power is fueled not by what’s really there, but by what might be, what we
imagine could be. Fear is a hollow darkness in the future that reaches back through time to rob our joy now by belittling the sovereign
goodness of God. WE are more than conquerors through Jesus our Lord! Never forget that.

3. Do not lose compassion!
Show the love of Christ to those you talk too.

Colossians 3:12
"So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and
patience".

4. Do not become impatient!

PLEASE NOTE THE TWO REASONS PEOPLE GET DECEIVED............
1. Ignorance of the truth.
2. Seeking love, fellowship, acceptance and forgivness.

If we as Christians are to overcome the deceptions that have trapped so many people, family and friends, it it important that we not fall into the same TWO categories that have enslaved them. We must KNOW the truth. In knowing the truth, it will build our confidence and enable us to share that truth with others. Since we all seek love, fellowship, acceptance and forgiveness, it is crucial that we be ACTIVELY
involved in a local, Bible believing, Bible teaching church!

I would try and put myself in their shoes for sure.
If someone said to you they have just witnessed a man rise from the grave literally, but you wasn’t there, would you believe them?

I think this is all about experiences.
I think the whole story of Jesus is in fact just an internal transformation that they witnessed and these amazing scriptures the people jotted them down for others to follow and hope for -and have faith in.

I just don’t buy a physical resurrection.

But, BUT, I haven’t experienced it myself yet so I’m hanging in here

Blessings good question, got me digging.
Well if you believe He is the Son of God and died for our sins and that He is 100% God and 100% man, then you can understand why He rose from the dead. If you think He was just a man, then I can see why you would doubt anyone's testimony on just a man rising from the dead.

Going back to this for a minute.

I want to believe.
In fact, I have imagined it. I’ve imagined a man coming back to life and thought this is amazing!
How on earth will we all come back in a new body( or even our old one)

What comes back?

I’ll finish this thread later I need to work now.

🙏

Blessings.
It's because Jesus isn't just a man. He's man and still God at the same time.

i will read this more close but what i see .its spot on for todays world ... one of the most puzzling groups is the Mormons. i have a cousin married into them .he was raised catholic. he agrees with my post on facebook.. they talk a good talk but yet have another gospel.

i

i will read this more close but what i see .its spot on for todays world ... one of the most puzzling groups is the Mormons. i have a cousin married into them .he was raised catholic. he agrees with my post on facebook.. they talk a good talk but yet have another gospel.

i

Agreed. When I get to the end of this study I will post the groups that are "Cults" and the Mormons are at the top of the list!

STUDY OF THE CULTS # 5

"How To Win People Of Other Religions And Cults"

Again, with your Bible open, turn to Acts 17:16-34. This is way toooo long of a Scripture to post her, so I ask you to read for yourself as I will use it as a confirmational process. It is an excellent example to follow in confronting religionists and cultists. This is taken from the life of the greatest soul winner for Christ who ever lived, the Apostle Paul and from the book of Acts.

I. Paul Was "Stirred" In His Spirit in vs 16.

A. Now, as a Christian, do not be deceived!. ALL people without faith in Jesus Christ are LOST. (John 14:6, Acts 4:12)
B. All lost people stay lost until they are BORN AGAIN. (John 3:3)
C. Most people of the earth will stand before Jesus believing that they are OK, saved from judgment because they have believed THE LIE!
D. YOU will never ever become a soul winner or bold for Christ until YOU realize that the "religious" are lost.

1. Notice that Paul was "Stirred".
2. It does not say "His HEART" was stirred. Heart = emotions. Do not become angry or impatient! Stay within your abilities/personality.

II. Paul Engaged Them In A Dispute (vs 17)
The word "Dispute" = compete for; strive to win:

A. He disputed in the synagogue....(Jews)
B. He disputed with the Gentiles (Devout)
C. He disputed in the market place.
D. He disputed anyone who would listen.

1. YOU must take the offensive.
2. YOU must see all.......(vs 18 & 21)
3. YOU must do it daily(vs 17)

III. What Did Paul Preah To These People? - JESUS!

A. Religion does not save.
B. Keeping the Law does not save.
C. Doing good works does not save.
D. Water baptism does not save.

IV. We Must Not Be Timid And Afraid To Be Bold.

A. The #1 basic reason why the majority of Christians are not soul winners is because they do not know what they believe and why.
B. Take time to read Luke 12:11-12; Jeremiah 23:29; Hebrews 4:12; Proverbs 28:1, 2 Tim. 1:7.
C. Have YOU ever gone to buy a new Ford car and the salesman talked you into going next door to buy a Chevrolet instead?....WHY?

V. Paul Commended The People Of Their Religious Interest (vs 22)

A. It is good (Biblically) to be complimentary. It sets a tone of acceptance.
B. All people in a Cult are there because they want to be accepted as they are.

VI. Paul Assured Them That Seeking Will Lead Them To The Truth (vs 27).

A. The "fruit of the Spirit" (Galatians 5:22-23) is absent from those who are lost, regardless of their religious standing.
B. IDOLS cannot do the super natural (Jeremiah 10:3-5).
C. Explain to the lost the super natural ability of God.

VII. Paul Called For A Decision. (vs 30-31)

A. Why is there an alter call after a Christian evangelic sermon? Because the Gospel was presented and it demands a decision.
B. "I will think about it" is a NO decision.
C. TODAY is the only accepted time to be saved.

VIII. The Results Will Always Be The Same (vs 32-34).

A. Some will mock (vs 32)
B. Some will ask for more information (vs 32)
C. Some will believe (vs 34).

Now, for YOU......the results do not matter. YOU will never save anyone. YOU will never rescue anyone from a Cult. YOU plant SEEDS and the Holy Spirit then goes to work. The condition of the person you disputed with is Gods responsibility.

So, allow me to summarize all of this for you with the SEVEN "C's" when it comes to rescuing a Cultist, or soul winning............

1. Be CONVICTED of the necessity of the situation.
2. Be CONFRONTATIONAL.
3. Be COMPASSIONATE.
4. Be COMPLIMANTARY.
5. Be COURAGEOUS.
6. Be CLEARLY present with Christ.
7. Be CONFIDENT in what you believe and in the power of the Word of God and the Holy Spirit.

STUDY OF THE CULTS #1

Laying the Foundation....Ephesians 4.

This is a teaching I have used over the years in order to explain why YOU are a Christian and Identify those who say that they are but are not.
This us usually done with a back and forth with input from all attending. This will be different, but I will try to make it work. I will break it up in segments and as always encourage everyone who reads it to ask questions and make comments so as to further the conversation. Now please understand this is NOT in any way a vehechile to cause arguments or division. It is simply a Seminary teaching class offered as such and nothing more to educate and inform-not to divide.

So...........What is a CULT??? When people hear the word cult, they often think of a group that worships Satan, sacrifices animals, or takes part in evil, bizarre, and pagan rituals. Usually, though, a cult is more narrowly defined, and the word refers to an unorthodox sect whose members distort the original doctrines of the religion. In a Christian context, the definition of a cult is, specifically, “a religious group that denies one or more of the fundamentals of biblical truth.”
A cult is a group that teaches doctrines that, if believed, will cause a person to remain unsaved. A cult claims to be part of a religion, yet it denies essential truth(s) of that religion. Therefore, a Christian cult will deny one or more of the fundamental truths of Christianity while still claiming to be Christian.
Hi Major

Thank you for the post. There are few things statements that you made that stuck out to me.

One of them is the following:
"Therefore, a Christian cult will deny one or more of the fundamental truths of Christianity while still claiming to be Christian."

I have visited many churches and even done research on some of them online.

My question is, are there any churches that teach ALL of the fundamental truths of Christianity?

Is there any church that does not add to the Word of God or have traditions or subtract from the Word of God?
1. BEWARE OF ANOTHER AUTHORITY:
A. There are those who "ADD" to the Word of God. (Rev. 22:18---Proverbs 30:5-6)
B. There are those who subtract from the Word of God. (Rev. 22:19 7 Deut. 4:2; Deut. 12:32)
C. There are those who add TRADITIONS. (Matthew 15:9)
D. There are those who will add EXPERIENCES. (1 John 4:1)
If a cult is one that denies one or more of the fundamental truths of Christianity or adds to the bible, then it is reasonable to conclude that all churches are cults.

Hi Major
Thank you for the post. There are few things statements that you made that stuck out to me. One of them is the following:
"Therefore, a Christian cult will deny one or more of the fundamental truths of Christianity while still claiming to be Christian."
I have visited many churches and even done research on some of them online.
My question is, are there any churches that teach ALL of the fundamental truths of Christianity? Is there any church that does not add to the Word of God or have traditions or subtract from the Word of God?

If a cult is one that denies one or more of the fundamental truths of Christianity or adds to the bible, then it is reasonable to conclude that all churches are cults.

Hello Faith First;

Just like Major I also serve as Pastor, officially for the last 16 years. I wanted to respond to your good questions from my experience with people who have asked me the same questions.

If you are researching churches that you have visited, it's better to make an appointment and meet one on one with the Pastor. I responded to people who have visited the local Churches I served and also questioned our fundamental Truths of Christianity.

They witnessed first hand my answers face to face, choice of words, eye contact and overall body language. I thanked them for meeting with me and I make it very clear that meeting in person goes a lot further than researching the local Church on the internet website or Google.

A Church that teaches the fundamental Truths of Christianity is not flawless. Yes, there are preachers and teachers who have added, or subtracted from the Word of God. God gives the Word to the Pastor, Preacher or teacher and they do make mistakes, therefore, this is why it's so important that the responsibility of the Pastor sustain their personal discipleship (remain studious) so they don't let down their guard of teaching Sound Christian doctrine.

Faith First, you cannot just dismiss the conclusion that all Christian Churches are cultic. What does God say about His Churches? I'm sure He would question all Christians about His command, that we are to pray for one another including the Pastor. When we don't pray, hold the Pastor and each others accountable in His Church, then we're all just as responsible for disobedience.

This is why it's very, very important to pray incessantly for the Pastor, Preacher or teacher. They are still men who can let down their guard, don't stay sharp in their study and before you know it, they're not teaching sound fundamental Truths of Christianity.

8 years ago I once dealt with a man who had his own apologetics of the Truths of Christianity. He wanted me to make him an Associate Pastor, give him a monthly salary just like that! I pointed out his error in many areas. He got defensive and made a remark about my wife and the women should all know their place in the Church. They should all be home, barefoot and taking care of the house and family. One problem, he couldn't look me in the eye when defending his doctrine. God was there protecting the sheep and His servant. After that conversation he never came back.

A Pastor is a Shepherd who should remain in study but also protect God's sheep. Many wolves in sheeps clothing slither their way into the Church and festor into a cult.

This is my experience with the questions you ask that are presented to me by those searching, visiting and current members. I learned through the years as a Pastor, Preacher and teacher, we are imperfect humans but by staying focused on the Truths of Christianity, God will sustain His True Church on all four corners of the earth. For the churches who let down their guard and become cultic, woe to them.

God bless you, Faith First, your family and your desire to seek Him first.

Back