Dana's Joel Osteen Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MichaelH I was wondering if you were mentioning me about the money issue. We're you talking about me.
Sadly Dana, it's not always about you. Go read the thread again......................... I was defending Joel as some seem to think He sets his own ticket prices. His ministry always sets them at the allowed minimum. Joel has no choice if he is going to use Major Arenas. His Ministry also released this news to help people not get scammed. One women was told it would cost her 400.00 to see Joel, but the floor prices started under 20.00. She showed up the day of the event and did not understand that sold out means those last few seats will cost an arm and leg.

Jesus Freak

Previously DanaCovert68
I'm going to have this thread locked since you two can't get along. I was TRYING to have a good clean discussion about Joel. I believe I was the first one to mention Nights of Hope. I just mentioned that cause it just is a platform Joel uses to get people to Christ. But, nooooo!!!!! It came down to the money issue.

You guys are arguing over something that we need not worry about. It's none of our business how much money Joel and Victoria have. What matters is that they are sharing their love of Christ to the world.

Jesus Freak

Previously DanaCovert68
Sadly Dana, it's not always about you. Go read the thread again......................... I was defending Joel as some seem to think He sets his own ticket prices. His ministry always sets them at the allowed minimum. Joel has no choice if he is going to use Major Arenas. His Ministry also released this news to help people not get scammed. One women was told it would cost her 400.00 to see Joel, but the floor prices started under 20.00. She showed up the day of the event and did not understand that sold out means those last few seats will cost an arm and leg.

I'm sorry. I am again quick to judge. I know he doesn't set the prices. I would pay $100,000,000,000,000,000 for a ticket to see him.

chili

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Thank you. He does get people to believe they're good. And that they are worthy of His love. He tries to get people to do a 360 degree turn in their thinking. And to me, that's good.

He also has lots of books that are good reads. I haven't read them, but want to get one of his latest ones called Break Out.

You who have not seen any of his sermons should see one. I'll post a video of one for you to see.
heheheeh I believe it's a 180 degree turn Dana, not a 360 :)

Amens/Likes: gonefishing
I'm sorry. I am again quick to judge. I know he doesn't set the prices. I would pay $100,000,000,000,000,000 for a ticket to see him.
You would?? Umm, Let me call Joel and see what we can work out. :)

I don't need you on my side Michael I have Jesus. I don't care for your attitude toward people. It isn't Godly and reflects on your character.
I am not trying to be mean. I may be a bit rough, but .............. people all the time (Not you) misquote and twist words, and things to make ministers of the gospel look bad. That gets me on my soap box.

Now calling out someone that lied and misrepresented someone (Not you in this case) is not a bad thing. I never, never put my mouth on any minster...... Not even dear Brother Benny Hinn. God bless Benny Hinn........

Half quoting someone then lying about them......... Like they do with Brother Copeland is not a good thing. I do have a good side, not a side though that tolerates any form of deception, and misquoting.

I hope you understand.

Lol what was negative about it? I said good for him. I also said I'm all for ministers doing well for themselves. You really need to get over yourself with this is your thread and you can do whatever. I don't believe in dictatorships. You can keep idolizing Joel all you want, just stop throwing him in everyone's face. I'll stay away from this thread.
Just wanted to make sure you knew my comment wasn't directed toward you. It was just a general comment since ministers making money was brought up. :)

chili

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Okay, guys: I'm not trying to pursuade you guys to like Joel. You either already like him, or don't. I did however get @AllieWi to change their tune about him , and like him. So, I actually did get one member to like him. I will say he is my idol in the sense that I idolize him because he's positive. He's always trying to make people feel good.
Idol... really? What about Jesus, Dana.doesn't HE make you feel good? Is not Jesus POSITIVE?.................
Col 3:5 ¶ Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
I believe anything we put above God could be considered idolatry. House, car, people..etc
It is.

Status
Not open for further replies.