Deception within the church

It's different for every person & every subject. Some poeple only need to know that God loves them...others need everything layed out for them. This is where the HS comes in...He will tell you what to say, and how much to say. First, you have to be grounded in the Word of God, and be right before God. You have to know His voice.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

another one is "wwjd?" that has always bothered me...it simplifies the great commission, and in my opinion, makes us less effective.

I took "wwjd" another way. He are suppose to be followers of him and grow in grace and knowledge, becoming more and more like him as we mature. So, when I'm in question about something I ask myself that.
Willow99

good thread.yes telling half truths is just as bad,the church should tell people more how to be saved.and why things has happened,lack of knowledge.

That is how I feel, Michael!!!
Leaving out some of the Truth is depriving those who seek~

another one is "wwjd?" that has always bothered me...it simplifies the great commission, and in my opinion, makes us less effective.

True, however I do find that the inclusion of WWJD and WDJD(What Did Jesus Do) is usefull when talking with someone who's being rather... inyourface and yelling baout hell when trying to convert people. :cool:

Or this one..."if you are suffering, or in trials, you are out of Gods will, or there must be sin in your life".

I have heard this alot and I think it is very judgmental to say. Jesus says in order to be his disciple you will have to count the costs. There will be suffering. It happens to everyone. This world is horrible and I cant wait to go home!!

Yes, that stood out in your video, "Count the costs".
We Americans have never truly had to give that too much thought, have we?
Or do we ignore the costs and conform for our own comfort?

I think it has alot to do with comfort... I have yet to personaly meet someone who has had their life threatened in the states for their belief in Jesus. I'm sure a small ammount might have, but not enough to jolt the community of Christians into wake up mode!!

I wonder how many of us appreciate the freedom we DO have compared to other countries.
I myself have taken it for granted til I grew older and learned of the persecution in other countries.

When the Apostles were beaten for preaching Christ,
Acts 5:41
.......they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

Mental assent without spiritual revelation is a leading cause of eternal death.
You can miss heaven by 18 inches- the distance from your head to your heart.

Mental assent without spiritual revelation is a leading cause of eternal death.
You can miss heaven by 18 inches- the distance from your head to your heart.

Amen to that. Salvation is not a new philosophy or "paradigm shift," It is a transformation from death to life, darkness to light, blindness to sight. It's a fundamental change which penetrates to the very core of one's being. A person who has been truly saved may become discouraged, may fall into sin, may stumble, may even doubt, but they will never be the same again. As David said, "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, if I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, even there Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand will lay hold of me." Psalm 139:7-10 Man! That makes mah pants wanna git up and dance!

Shelli said:
Yes, deception is rampant within the Church.

A major area is that identified by Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23, where He says "many" will be falsely doing in His Name:

1. Casting out of devils.
2. Prophesying.
3. Performing wonderful works.

There is only one segment of Christendom which contains enough adherents to contain the "many" which of which Jesus clearly spoke.

This segment also has within it numerous Nonscriptural promotions, ideologies, and practices, all carried out in the Name of Jesus.

Shelli.

What is the segment you speak of...?PM me if you feel more comfortable...
True Disciples

21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. 22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
  1. Mark 9:38
    [ Using the Name of Jesus ] John said to Jesus, “Teacher, we saw someone using your name to cast out demons, but we told him to stop because he wasn’t in our group.â€
  2. Mark 16:17
    These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages.

I have no problem with any foundations based on Truth!!!
signature-button-on-hover.png
:)

---------------- Now playing: Mary Mary - Shackles (Praise You) via FoxyTunes

Back