Deliverance Ministry & Discernment Of Spirits

I have always been sensitive to spirits sense I was very young. I have been a Christian since I was 18, I am 29 now. I haven't always had a very close relationship as I wished to with God until a few years ago, and I have felt led into the ministry of deliverance this past year.

Recently, around 4 months ago, I have been encounter with more spirits, and have learned to identify them. These are generally negative spirits. Before this, I was mostly encountered by spirits that others were weighed down with. Once I am encountered, the feeling is heavy in the spirit, and I seem to always have to pray them away from my presence, or they linger. I can feel their desire to become attached to me.

I am only wondering if this a sign of spiritual warfare, or if this is education in identifying the many negative spirits that lurk around in order to grow in the ministry of deliverance. I've always known about discernment of spirit because of experiencing the sensitivity young, but never have thought it would be as intense as this. Some of these spirits seem more difficult than others, and put up more of a fight. Multiple ones will arrive at the same time in what seems to weigh down my spirit. I have battled in the spirit more in the past 2 or 3 months than my entire Christian life.

Does anyone have any experience with these things. The Bible says satan, and his demons must flee at the name of Jesus, but many fight even harder when I take authority over them in the name of Jesus? The only other time I have seen that is during deliverance prayer with people who are unwilling to waiver whom have spirits attached to them. I am solid in my faith. Deliverance ministry can be dangerous from what I have been taught. I need advice in order to stand, when faced with these spirits that wish to destroy. Any helpful advice is very much appreciated. Thank you very much.

I have always been sensitive to spirits sense I was very young. I have been a Christian since I was 18, I am 29 now. I haven't always had a very close relationship as I wished to with God until a few years ago, and I have felt led into the ministry of deliverance this past year.

Recently, around 4 months ago, I have been encounter with more spirits, and have learned to identify them. These are generally negative spirits. Before this, I was mostly encountered by spirits that others were weighed down with. Once I am encountered, the feeling is heavy in the spirit, and I seem to always have to pray them away from my presence, or they linger. I can feel their desire to become attached to me.

I am only wondering if this a sign of spiritual warfare, or if this is education in identifying the many negative spirits that lurk around in order to grow in the ministry of deliverance. I've always known about discernment of spirit because of experiencing the sensitivity young, but never have thought it would be as intense as this. Some of these spirits seem more difficult than others, and put up more of a fight. Multiple ones will arrive at the same time in what seems to weigh down my spirit. I have battled in the spirit more in the past 2 or 3 months than my entire Christian life.

Does anyone have any experience with these things. The Bible says satan, and his demons must flee at the name of Jesus, but many fight even harder when I take authority over them in the name of Jesus? The only other time I have seen that is during deliverance prayer with people who are unwilling to waiver whom have spirits attached to them. I am solid in my faith. Deliverance ministry can be dangerous from what I have been taught. I need advice in order to stand, when faced with these spirits that wish to destroy. Any helpful advice is very much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Hello EMTGAL 25 and welcome.

You are probably not going to like what I tell you but here it is. IMO we all need to focus our energy, thoughts and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ. Satan is cunning and he will deceive people into believing that they are fighting a good fight when they are in combat with a demon. I would advise you to be very, very careful in this area.

Even Jude advised that Michael turned over this kind of action to the Lord in Jude 9.

Hello EMTGAL 25 and welcome.

You are probably not going to like what I tell you but here it is. IMO we all need to focus our energy, thoughts and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ. Satan is cunning and he will deceive people into believing that they are fighting a good fight when they are in combat with a demon. I would advise you to be very, very careful in this area.

Even Jude advised that Michael turned over this kind of action to the Lord in Jude 9.

Hello Major,

Thanks so much for your reply! There is no doubt I'm in combat with demons, the Bible states this. Ephesians 6:11 Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. We are also advised to put on the full armor of God so that we can stand, if all we had to do is focus our energy on God in this specific area, we'd need no Armour.

13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant (watchful) because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.

Ignoring an evil realm exist is very easy to do when you aren't able to discern evil spirits. I fully trust in God, in His strength, but I am also applying the Word of God as written as to keep watch. Ignoring that Satan is busy at work, seeking to destroy Christians, that's when vulnerability can occur. The good fight is not alone as mentioned above in Ephesians, Thanks again, I liked your reply! ;)

Just be very careful is all I can say.

I have been in several places where the evil was so thick it could be cut with a knife...(Africa, Hatie).

Even right here in the USA I have been exposed to such evil it is hard to explain. Sometimes, it is the best part of valor to walk away and come back another day.

We all think that we can be strong and stomp the stuffings out of demons and I am here to tell you that you need to be very, very careful in this area.

God bless you child and approach everything in prayer and with the Word of God!

Just be very careful is all I can say.

I have been in several places where the evil was so thick it could be cut with a knife...(Africa, Hatie).

Even right here in the USA I have been exposed to such evil it is hard to explain. Sometimes, it is the best part of valor to walk away and come back another day.

We all think that we can be strong and stomp the stuffings out of demons and I am here to tell you that you need to be very, very careful in this area.

God bless you child and approach everything in prayer and with the Word of God!

Thanks so much, Major!

I would like to add: the #1 goal of 'devil' is to keep you from the Lord and out of Heaven. Don't give too much credit to the Satan-we either allow evil to continually work in our lives or God can allow it as a trial (Job).

Focus on Christ and Salvation-you are not necessarily crafted to be in open combat with evil. That is why we are meant to rely on our Savior. Remember that evil craves power and control and mocks the true God while distracting believers. Evil (Satan, devil, demons, etc...) knows the truth of the Gospel and of Christ and will do whatever they can to keep you distracted away from the message of salvation.

Back