Develop a sense of responsibility

Develop a sense of responsibility

And David rose up early in the morning, and left the sheep with a keeper, and took, and went, as Jesse had commanded him... (1 Samuel 17:20)
preach.gif

There is a difference between having a responsibility and having a sense of responsibility. God doesn't just reward you for having a responsibility; He reward you for how you carry out the responsibility. Are you faithful to that responsibility? Do you have a genuine concern for it? These are the things God looks at in promoting you. As a young boy taking care of the sheep, David had been anointed king of Israel. The youngest of eight sons, he was too young to go to war and so he was taking care of his old father's sheep.
One day, his father asked him to take some food to his brothers at the war front and that's where the opening scripture comes in, to show us the king of person he was. He rose up early and entrusted the sheep to a keeper to feed them. He didn't just leave them alone, thinking, "Well, they better get enough grass to eat." Let me remind you that he was not paid to take care of the sheep, but he felt responsible to his duty.
When he got to the war front, the Bible says, "David left his carriage in the hand of the keeper of the carriage, and ran into the army, and came and saluted his brethren" (1 Samuel 17:22). Again, we see David's sense of responsibility in action; he left his things with the keeper for safekeeping, before going to look for his brothers. David had a great sense of responsibility and this is one of the reasons God promoted him so quickly. When you build this into your character, you will always see what others don't see, and doors of opportunity will always be open to you.

pray.gif
Prayer

Dear Father, thank you for the wisdom I have received today, I determine to be faithful and loyal to the work I have to do. Help me always to see opportunities to manifest a sense of responsibility, even as I train my mind to be this way, in Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.

Good word yemsot- I have been trying to impress upon my sons three things- being a man in being a man of your word and being a man in being responsible and carrying out your duties even when you don't feel like it and being a man of honor doing all things as unto the Lord- your scriptures tie in nicely- thanks your brother Larry

Back