Did I Commit Blasphemy Against Holy Spirit?

I just cant stop thinking about the unpardonable sin! I am STILL worried about whatever or not ive committed this unforgivable sin. Yes I denied the holy spirit for a second, but now I repented and love God and Jesus with ALL MY HEART!!! Like they touch my heart every day, and I hope I am very very close to them... but worried that the unforgivable sin may have made me be seperated from God and Jesus and my loved ones forever! And I want nothing more than to be loved by God and Jesus... but I denied the holy spirit for a second and now I have been worried about the unforgivable sin ever since. Is there an unforgivable sin and hope I will be with God.

Matthew 12:31-32
King James Version (KJV)

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

This is a tough one, in your question you stated that you denied the Holy Ghost, thats a little different then blasphemy, that wicked one the devil could have been toying with you mind at that moment and still is by the way your question is laid out, I would personally go to the alter and just spill your heart out, Jesus will give you the answer, we as Christians sometimes just have a hard time listening not always, but sometimes, use your best weapon The Word of God Jesus Christ, the Bible, and you will find your answer.

The fact that you are even concerned about this is evidence that the Holy Spirit is working to convict you about it, which is GOOD. The unregenerate sinner wouldn't care less one way or the other. In the end, the unforgivable sin is unbelief.

Hon, you don't hope to loved by Christ, you are loved by Him! Do you remember king David? He committed adultery and murdered a man - serious stuff! But he repented and became right with God again. The God that forgave David is the same God that forgives you. And also remember - God didn't stop loving David even when he was in the midst of those sins! Remember the many times in Psalms when it is repeated "His faithful love endures forever..." It is called faithful, enduring Love for a reason. You don't earn it - you already have it because He has given it to you! "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Also remember that love covers a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4:8). Christ is willing to forgive our sins. "Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin. (Mark 3:28-29)" Christ forgives all sin, but obviously to receive this forgiveness one must receive Christ (Acts 2:38). Blasphemy against the Spirit is to reject God's gift: New life in Christ by the Spirit. It is unbelief in the Christ, the only Love that can forgive all sin!

And read the context the Holy Spirit blasphemy verses. Who did Jesus say these words to? The Pharisees - the teachers of the law! For right after they said His power came from satan, He said those words about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. And Christ has more to say to this same group of people: "And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life." John 5:37-40. Can you see? The Pharisees committed blasphemy against the Holy Spirit by rejecting/not believing in the Christ!

Do you abide in/believe in Christ? Then you have not blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

Great answers, all. If you still care about salvation and following Christ, which you do, you haven't committed the unpardonable sin. You are not the only one to have this fear. You came to Christ in faith. Now stands in faith. Accept your salvation in faith. Quit listening to the lies of the enemy. Good is for you.

Great answers, all. If you still care about salvation and following Christ, which you do, you haven't committed the unpardonable sin. You are not the only one to have this fear. You came to Christ in faith. Now stands in faith. Accept your salvation in faith. Quit listening to the lies of the enemy. Good is for you.

Amen!

I just cant stop thinking about the unpardonable sin! I am STILL worried about whatever or not ive committed this unforgivable sin. Yes I denied the holy spirit for a second, but now I repented and love God and Jesus with ALL MY HEART!!! Like they touch my heart every day, and I hope I am very very close to them... but worried that the unforgivable sin may have made me be seperated from God and Jesus and my loved ones forever! And I want nothing more than to be loved by God and Jesus... but I denied the holy spirit for a second and now I have been worried about the unforgivable sin ever since. Is there an unforgivable sin and hope I will be with God.

if you committed this sin, you would not be posting here.

Also you don't take what Jesus said and give it it's own private interpretation but must compare other places in the Word. Becasue we have already been through those other scriptures elsewhere on the forum, I will spare the details.
Heb 6, 10...... John about no praying for someone who sinned the sin unto death. He tells us what that is and matches Heb 6, and 10

Jesus context was the religious leaders saying the Holy Spirit was a devil to cast out devils. Blasphemy in the Greek means to take a stand against or be against. Same thing mentioned in Hebrews and we must compare and not take any verses by themselves or out of their settings.

Still the short answer is that if you actually committed this sin, you would not even care to post about it and it would not bother you for nobody having known the Lord and power of His salvation can take a stance against the Holy Spirit by which you were sealed unto the day of redemption. For you must also with knowledge reject all that you knew of Christ and the Holy Spirit.

We don't commit unpardonable sins in moments of mistakes and stupidity. It takes a heart change and conscience decision.
Stupid things can cost us things as it did Moses, and David, but it won't cost us our eternal life with God.

your fine.

blessings.

Yes if you look at the context that Jesus is speaking in, He 1st says that if you speak against Him it can be forgiven, but if you speak against the Holy Spirit it cannot.
The reason it cannot is because the Holy Spirit convicts the WORLD (not Believers) of sin, and when He convicts them of sin, He is telling them, "Hey, you've sinned, you need forgiveness, receive what Jesus' blood has done for you." Then if they speak against that, they are saying they have no sin, and therefore, they cannot be forgiven because they won't receive what their Savior has done for them.
I hope that helps. If you're a Believer, you can't commit it.

What is the job of the Holy Spirit? To bring us to Jesus and if we ignore His prompting then by our actions we are accusing Him of not having the Truth. I asked the Lord once, if by Adam we're all sinners, why then are we not all saved at once by the Last Adam? I understood from the Lord that Adam chose to disobey God making his authority higher than God's. So in order for one to get saved, they have to acknowledge that they cannot do anything to get saved except through faith in the finished work of Jesus. By accepting this path, then we're saved. We have to put God back into the position of authority Adam rejected.

Definition of Blasphemy:
great disrespect shown to God

What greater disrespect than to say to the Holy Spirit's prompting that He's wrong? "Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit" is to reject the gift of Jesus' work on the cross. Nothing more and nothing less. We treat all sin almost exclusively as a verb, but the scriptures use it mostly as a noun. It's a state of being of which we are all born into and cannot escape. Seeing that, the Father sent the Son to pay the price for that sin. Having defeated sin in the flesh, Jesus paid the price for sin. The very word He used on the cross translated as "It is finished" is a transactional word in Greek between a vendor and a purchaser and means literally: Paid in full!
Τετέλεσται
It is what is stamped on your bill when you pay it.

Back