Did You Know - General Theology

Hello you and welcome.

Did you know that the Lord Jesus Christ and following Him can change your life around for the better? Did you know that even God cares about your anxieties and worries about life? That might be about your family, or your friends who are going through some rough patches, even you yourself?

God desires for us to come to him in prayer and thankfulness for life today, and to understand that we have been forgiven of our lives we use to live when we did not accept or desire anything to do with God.

When we come into a relationship with God, and accept the forgiveness, and accept the Lord Jesus Christ and believe in our hearts that God raised him from the dead, afterwards we receive the holy spirit that can remind us of what had been taught to us from the word of God?

People who hear the word of God it helps them a little more daily with their faith and placing trust in God rather than us ourselves because we are faulty and unreliable, sometimes even our own friends can be unreliable to some degree or another.

That does not mean we do not love others, it just is a saying that we should place our trust in God, with all our heart, all our mind, and all our soul.

So that we can have rest for our souls now in this life while allowing God to lead us in the right direction and also in Freedom of the Lord Jesus Christ and his ways that allow us inwardly to change.

We are changed from God and his work that he does in us by changing the hateful human being we use to be, from the judgmental human we use to be, from the lustful human being we use to be, from being money hungry and driven, the spirit changes us into a person who can be able to be kind, gentle, forgiving, merciful, loving (1 Corinthians 13:4-7) in the right manner, joyful, thankful, praying towards God for help for our family and people we know in our lives.

The thing about all of this when we start placing our faith and trust in God. We all have a decision to make on all of our actions and how we decide to go about in our lives. For you including myself are all responsible for the decisions we make in this life, whether we decide to do things our own way, or Gods way.

It truly seems best to do things Gods way, you know in this life even as a Christian you do not have to try and please people to get them to like or love you? Because not everyone truly will like or even love you.

In the bible it even says to let your yes be yes, and your no be no.

If someone does not like you because you tell them no, they have to get over it. You can still always have mutual love between all people, while trusting God, even though in this world following God and his ways, leads to our own personal sufferings but they are for a purpose and they will allow you to continue to grow in faith and trusting God even when the whole world seems to be against you and you desire to fall back into all the world has to give you which is, lust of the eye, lust of the flesh, and the pride of life.

Where God gives us eternal life, peace, joy, forbearing others, forgiveness, love, mercy, kindness, gentleness, towards anyone along with praying for our enemies.

Do you have anything else to add to this?

Hello Bobinfaith, thank you for reading. Thank you for going through each line slowly.

It is not about obedience though, it is simply about faith and loving God with all your heart, all your mind, and all your soul. And loving neighbors as yourself.

Galatians 5: 5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

Hello Bobinfaith. I do not know, it up to them. My encouragement would be to read the new testament.

All thats up for me to do is to share, my own knowledge by what Jesus Christ has taught me by the spirit, along with scriptures. Today talked about the crucifixion with someone, and resurrection. Do they understand? Maybe, do they have hope? Maybe?

When lead to share, it will happen. People might not understand, they can ask questions. Just wanna serve God, and love others. My hope and expectation is in the Lord Jesus Christ, and God and the resurrection, along with being spiritually re-born here on earth and living a new abundant life with Christ Jesus living with-in us today as believers and to live by the spirit, and the scripture will confirm the things that are spoken which are true and people will accept them or not.

Here is my question to you, what does being a doer mean to you personally if you do not mind me asking?

Last edited:
Hello Bobinfaith. I do not know, it up to them. My encouragement would be to read the new testament.

All thats up for me to do is to share, my own knowledge by what Jesus Christ has taught me by the spirit, along with scriptures. Today talked about the crucifixion with someone, and resurrection. Do they understand? Maybe, do they have hope? Maybe?

When lead to share, it will happen. People might not understand, they can ask questions. Just wanna serve God, and love others. My hope and expectation is in the Lord Jesus Christ, and God and the resurrection, along with being spiritually re-born here on earth and living a new abundant life with Christ Jesus living with-in us today as believers and to live by the spirit, and the scripture will confirm the things that are spoken which are true and people will accept them or not.

Here is my question to you, what does being a doer mean to you personally if you do not mind me asking?

Hello MatthewG;

You ask a great question, seriously, and I hope this will stimulate conversation within the family here. There are many, many different angles in how we can share Did You Know - General Theology creating opportunity to learn more.

A doer, Biblically or society speaking, is a person who acts beyond talking or thinking.

In the Book of James 1:22 he is teaching that it's important to hear the Word, as you share in Did You Know - General Theology, but it is more important to obey it, do what it says, thus doer.

James 1:22, 22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. - ESV

James 1:22, 22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. - NIV

In a day to day example, I'm a prayer warrior. When I pray for you, I'm not going to put my prayer "on the shelf" but actually be a doer and follow up with you in faith and loving God because you are also His child.

You are correct, MatthewG, "it's up to them." Free-will. My prayer is their free-will will be prompted by the Holy Spirit to go beyond and (get started) by asking God to help them grow in their new found faith and love for God.

Faith, love for God, obedience are all verbs and intertwine with each other for His glory.

I'm enjoying our discussion, brother.

God bless you and thank you.

not much of a writer. But a relationship is the key to everything in our walk with Christ. we bold our relationship through prayer the word. if find mediating n certain scripture helps me. some times i have to dig down deep when its a rough day. remind myself of what the scripture has to say
ok part two many only have a superficial relationship paul wrote he pressed towards the mark of the high calling. the only way for a relationship to grow is by pressing in . i am a rural church pastor that i just reopened the church after it was down close to 6 months. we started out from scratch, we opened in sept and i just now am seeing small steps in growth. last 2 Sundays the message was on prayer. last sunday focus was praying as a church. Praise God this Sunday the altar was used.. a young lady came to the altar weeping and praying through.. as the song played how long has it been .my attendance average is around 15 .had everyone been there . we would have hot 21 . yes i want more to come but i have to focus on quality. to have quality each of us has to get more close in our relationship with Christ.. after all its all about HIM Christ in us the Hope of Glory Paul instructed us to be wise master builders. using quality material Gold silver precious stone. material that has been through the Fire . we must go through the refiners fire. nobody likes fiery trials . the finished product is Gold silver precious stones

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
[1 Peter 5:7 KJV]

all- omitting nothing. Nothing is to small & insignificant... if it matters to you, it matters to God.
Nothing is too big or difficult- He is God!
This reminds me of the hymn "Cast All Your Care Upon Him". The lyrics are below:

1 Oh, why do you carry your burden alone,
That burden so heavy to bear?
Why under its weight do you labor and groan,
When Jesus is saying in tenderest tone,
My child, cast on me ev'ry care?

2 Go tell all your troubles, He'll give you relief,
Whenever on Him you depend;
This blest "Man of sorrows, acquainted with grief,"
To the cries of His children will never be deaf,
If only in faith they ascend.

3 When sickness or pain shall distress, He will heal,
Or else give you strength to endure;
For our Saviour who suffered will tenderly deal
With His own stricken children, if they will but kneel
And ask this Physician to cure.

4 Then go to Him always whatever befall,
If sickness, or sorrow, or care;
If pain should disturb you, or sin, tell Him all,
At the foot of the cross humbly, trustingly fall,
And leave ev'ry burden right there.
----------------------------------------------
Produced 1891 - Public Domain
Lyrics retrieved at hymnary.org (2021)

So, personally have problem to some degree when it comes to speaking with people. Am able to talk, listen, and communicate well to some degree or another. When it comes to talking to people about their faith and relationship with God has been something never really thought of a question asking.

At this point in my life, pretty set on the things that are believed and believe that they are the best (but however not so dogmatic way) beliefs possible to have. Most of my time for the past several months have been to communicate with Christians online, and as of today am no longer able to go back there any more.

From this point am moving forward onward to whatever is next.

Just so you brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus understand, to use the like buttons, or to show smiley face with hearts on it is nice but for me see it as a conformity and supporting others, but who knows if you really mean that or not.

Love to listen and read comments between two people, say "I agree with you because, or no that is not the way I believe because or a whole decision of talking on the topic to expand on it."

Have had a big problem with being on and off facebook, and sometimes desire we did not have some features but it is part of life and what can you do about it, just so you know I do not care to use like buttons for the sake of reputation of being a good guy, or nice guy by the online media.

My heart is for God and do my best to Love God with all my heart, all my mind, and all my soul, and to love others. This does not mean to please every single person in this life but to love and have mutual love for all people, pray for all the people that are known, and to always go ask God for help in times where you start slipping back into the world.

All the world has to offer is lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, and pride of life.

Bobinfaith, you are right sharing that scripture (James 1:22). What comes to mind when listening to that scripture is bringing up a mirror in front of oneself and looking deeply at the reflection and all of the bad decisions, and mistakes that have ever been made. When walking away and reminding the self of what once was, looking unto the Lord Jesus Christ in acceptance of forgiveness, and being transformed into a renewed by God and the Lord Jesus Christ towards our mind and placing our old life down that was once lived, and allowing the holy spirit to fill us in our lives now today.

Forgiven61, thank you for sharing your words with us all. Have much respect for our elders in the faith, and have been in this run much longer than myself. It is so wonderful that you have gotten to start back up church, and have been staying scriptural as possible, that is wonderful.

Believe that would be the best way to teach is by the scriptures and what they are saying, though not everyone will line up in exactly what they may believe, other than the Lord Jesus Christ coming down, living, dying, and was risen again by God.

Which is good enough - though the other doctrines might not be agreed upon and believe freedom is absolute way to allow people to have the other different beliefs (after the initial belief and being re-born again by accepting the Lord Jesus Christ into ones life). You are right it does start with a relationship with God and the Lord Jesus Christ is the most important.

Atomicsnowflake, that is true, to cast our burdens onward towards God for He loves and cares for us, and he desires us to have a new life in Christ Jesus, and to die to our old life and ways we use to live and to instead live for him. You are right when you share that scripture.

Nazarene, thank you for sharing that song.

Last edited:
So, personally have problem to some degree when it comes to speaking with people. Am able to talk, listen, and communicate well to some degree or another. When it comes to talking to people about their faith and relationship with God has been something never really thought of a question asking.
Just so you brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus understand, to use the like buttons, or to show smiley face with hearts on it is nice but for me see it as a conformity and supporting others, but who knows if you really mean that or not.

Hello MatthewG;

What I blue or red lighted triggered a thought within me. There are quiet and outgoing Christians when it comes to interfacing with others. Either way we are still empowered to "witness" (tell our story.)

We usually witness to others who don't know Christ but that also includes continuing to share the gospel to those who are already saved. Many believers struggle in their faith and need that "shot in the arm" from a brother or sister, to remind them why we continue to walk in faith and loving God.

As far as using the like buttons and smiley faces, or in face to face fellowship, either way, we don't know whether they mean it or not. What matters is where we stand. Are we transparent and truthful? Or, are they patronizing and insincere - we can't worry about that.

We have to be more concerned about the bigger picture;

2 Timothy 2:15,
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

I can't do this if I'm not going to mean it.

God bless you, MatthewG and your family.

Hello MatthewG;

What I blue or red lighted triggered a thought within me. There are quiet and outgoing Christians when it comes to interfacing with others. Either way we are still empowered to "witness" (tell our story.)

We usually witness to others who don't know Christ but that also includes continuing to share the gospel to those who are already saved. Many believers struggle in their faith and need that "shot in the arm" from a brother or sister, to remind them why we continue to walk in faith and loving God.

As far as using the like buttons and smiley faces, or in face to face fellowship, either way, we don't know whether they mean it or not. What matters is where we stand. Are we transparent and truthful? Or are they patronizing and insincere? We can't worry about that.

We have to be more concerned about the bigger picture;

2 Timothy 2:15,
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

I can't do this if I'm not going to mean it.

God bless you, MatthewG and your family.
What he said.

Bobinfaith, thank you for sharing this with me. You are absolutely right, as well when it comes to standing firm in our faith and rightly handling the word of truth, to do our best present ourselves to God as one approved to even be able to share these truths, and not to be ashamed.

Your sharing of this scripture reminds me that we are to stand on the solid foundation of the Lord Jesus Christ, and to love others while standing firm.

For if you build yourself and root yourself in Christ Jesus you will overflow with thankfulness and praise towards God and even the wind, will not blow you down for Christ Jesus even said to the storm - 'Be still' and the wind and oceans became calm.

After posting the post you, Bobinfaith, quoted: had a conversation with my brother who told me this ' Matthew the like button is there you press or do not, it does not matter if you do or do not just make the choice whether or not you will use it' when he put it to me that way it made more since than my rationality of my post afterwards thank you for mentioning it today.

Thank you for your word of encouragement there are brothers and sisters out here that do struggle with their faith and sometimes are weak. You/We who are strong should be able to help them, and allow Christ Jesus to pull them back up out of the waters of the world that so easily can drown us out like (was it Peter?) who asked Jesus let me walk on the water like you, then started until looking down and losing sight. When the waves starts to swallow him, Jesus grabbed peter and pulled him back up! How awesome is that, what a great God, and Savior we have!!

God bless you, and your family as well friend in Christ Jesus.

Bobinfaith, thank you for sharing this with me. You are absolutely right, as well when it comes to standing firm in our faith and rightly handling the word of truth, to do our best present ourselves to God as one approved to even be able to share these truths, and not to be ashamed.

Your sharing of this scripture reminds me that we are to stand on the solid foundation of the Lord Jesus Christ, and to love others while standing firm.

For if you build yourself and root yourself in Christ Jesus you will overflow with thankfulness and praise towards God and even the wind, will not blow you down for Christ Jesus even said to the storm - 'Be still' and the wind and oceans became calm.

After posting the post you, Bobinfaith, quoted: had a conversation with my brother who told me this ' Matthew the like button is there you press or do not, it does not matter if you do or do not just make the choice whether or not you will use it' when he put it to me that way it made more since than my rationality of my post afterwards thank you for mentioning it today.

Thank you for your word of encouragement there are brothers and sisters out here that do struggle with their faith and sometimes are weak. You/We who are strong should be able to help them, and allow Christ Jesus to pull them back up out of the waters of the world that so easily can drown us out like (was it Peter?) who asked Jesus let me walk on the water like you, then started until looking down and losing sight. When the waves starts to swallow him, Jesus grabbed peter and pulled him back up! How awesome is that, what a great God, and Savior we have!!

God bless you, and your family as well friend in Christ Jesus.
You know, brother, I have been struggling with this today myself. I assess that some
are as not as developed in their faith as they should be considering their tenure as a
Christ-follower. However, can I rightly and justly assess the faith of a fellow brother or
sister? I don't know their maturity based upon what they say or perceive. There are culture factors,
testimony, entrenched practices, genetic spirits, etc. We just can't accurately assess the faith
of another and shouldn't. We can only speak the truth as we know it and let Jesus apply it to
the hearer's life as needed. I have been a Christian since I was old enough to know what one was
and know God's Word very well. For example, some may assess that since I am 42 and don't agree with
them that I still need pampering.

Hello Nazarene.

What have you been struggling with?

Do not know if able to be of assistance to help you other than what is said after this line.

I personally judge my own self, and my own actions : No one can judge anyone, nor condemn anyone. God is the judge, and condemns people. Normally by chastening through the holy spirit. All people can do is share the truth they have come to with others.

To try to assess someone by their faith - can only be learned about by asking questions to understand ; their thoughts, what they believe, their background, and their history of life with their family, and how in life they came to the conclusion that God was the best choice they made / The Lord Jesus Christ was the one they placed their faith in (Who came from heaven, lived on this earth and die for the sins of man kind, and God raised him from the dead) ; because Faith pleases God.

No matter what type of side doctrine they believe but their faith in Loving God, with all their mind, all their heart, and all their soul and loving their neighbor as their self.

Not everyone believes the same, and my beliefs are completely radical and though they have been around since after the Lord Jesus Christ came and went, and the generation of that time passed away, they allow me to have peace in this life even through suffering for Christ and submitting to him, rather than my own will - I am not perfect but have became pretty mature in faith, knowing it is about having faith by loving God with all your mind, your heart, your soul and loving others as yourself.

All people will have this same faith at least to have unity - > Jesus Christ came down from heaven, was the Word of God, Was with God, and Was God (Jesus Christ second name was Emmanuel: God with us), and lived a life on this earth, died for the sins of all mankind and was risen again by God and people believe that in their heart and place their faith on this Gospel (Good News).

Back