Difference between "deliverance" and "salvation"

Hello. I am wondering about the difference/s between these two words, "deliverance' and "salvation". I think they both mean to be freed from something bad. Is there a difference?

I kind of think salvation is a subtype of deliverance.

Thanks.

I'm new here. But guess its OK to answer this:
I can only share my understanding, and perspective.
In the Bible, "deliverence" and "salvation" are related concepts, but they have distinct meanings and contexts. Both terms involve God rescuing or saving people, but they are used in different ways depending on the situation.

Eternal Life: Salvation is often linked to the concept of eternal life—living forever with God in heaven. This salvation is a gift of grace, received through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Romans 10:9 "If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Deliverance: Can be temporary and pertain to specific situations (physical or spiritual rescue).

Salvation: Is eternal and pertains to the overall rescue from sin and its ultimate consequences.

Deliverance: Often focuses on immediate rescue from danger or oppression.

Salvation: Focuses on the ultimate saving work of Jesus Christ, bringing eternal life and reconciliation with God.

Deliverance: Used more broadly for any form of rescue.

Salvation: Specifically refers to the saving grace of God that grants eternal life.

While both "deliverance" and "salvation" involve God’s intervention to rescue and save, deliverence is often seen as a temparary or situational rescue of sorts, while salvation refers to the ultimate spiritual rescue from sin and eternal death, leading to eternal life with God. In a Christian context, salvation is the ultimate goal, and deliverance may be one aspect of how God works in the process of bringing about that salvation.
So in reality, it could be said short and long term effects are the difference. Again this is my understanding and my interpretations,

just to mix matters...

Colossians 1:13 NKJV
He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,

deliver-4506. ῥύομαι rhúomai; fut. rhúsomai, aor. pass. errústhēn (Luke 1:74), mid. deponent from rhúō (n.f., see rhúmē [G4505]), to draw, drag along the ground. To draw or snatch from danger, rescue, deliver. This is more with the meaning of drawing to oneself than merely rescuing from someone or something. Followed by the acc. (Matt. 27:43; 2 Pet. 2:7). Used in an absolute sense (Rom. 11:26 "the Deliverer" quoted from Is. 59:20; Sept.: Ex. 2:19; Is. 5:29; 48:20). With an adjunct followed by apó (G0575), from, with the gen. (Matt. 6:13, "deliver...

Hello my fellow lovers of Jesus, now I have another question if you don't mind.

Today, I came across the expression: "My yolk is easy and the burden is light", spoken by Jesus. I am having a hard time understanding it. Does it mean that being a Christian is easy? Because I don't think it's always easy. And I am reminded of another expression, "narrow is the gate, straight is the way", which to me seems to be saying that it is not easy to get to heaven. So I think these two expressions are a little contradictory. Anyway can someone help me understand the yolk being easy part? Thanks.

Hello my fellow lovers of Jesus, now I have another question if you don't mind.

Today, I came across the expression: "My yolk is easy and the burden is light", spoken by Jesus. I am having a hard time understanding it. Does it mean that being a Christian is easy? Because I don't think it's always easy. And I am reminded of another expression, "narrow is the gate, straight is the way", which to me seems to be saying that it is not easy to get to heaven. So I think these two expressions are a little contradictory. Anyway can someone help me understand the yolk being easy part? Thanks.
Wan, if you start a new thread on this topic, I'll be more than glad to take a swing :)

Back