Difference between mission and commission

Hello my fellow brothers and sisters, I have another question if you don't mind.

What is the different between "mission" and "commission"? Both nouns. They have similar spellings too, so I am a little confused.

Thanks.

Hello my fellow brothers and sisters, I have another question if you don't mind.

What is the different between "mission" and "commission"? Both nouns. They have similar spellings too, so I am a little confused.

Thanks.
I am answering short here. I think I am posting too much. LOL.

But Biblically :
  • Mission: Refers to the broad divine purpose or assignment of proclaiming the gospel and advancing God's kingdom.
  • Commission: Refers to the specific command or instruction, such as the Great Commission, where believers are sent out with the authority to make disciples, baptize, and teach.
Both mission and commission are central to the New Testament understanding of the Church’s role in the world: mission as the overall purpose of God's people and commission as the specific mandate to carry out that purpose, especially through evangelism and discipleship.

To simplify it more. Mission, is For God and announcing the process.
Commission is more so acts of people for the Good News. And is the process.

You own a store. Your Mission is to sell the best Coffee ( I love Coffee btw) and You work and try and have the best out there.
That is your Mission.
Commission, is others will take this great information and make sure everyone knows.

I can give a longer more detailed answer. Hope this helps.
These are biblically sound answers above. I just simplified them.

Paul

Back