Discourage the Devil

Discourage the Devil
Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
– Luke 6:22-23
8Nki9gxgoPIOMNWCGe5lj0n96OYgJSEdiJyO_R_jDE58YmHKTWDa9O3K2ZeZLLjqvt4bTKH2f6tcz2ma91IAYMcz70v51VUNLVyyHlcou858kWC_ONN-uClwIvX7W7CwpEaf=s0-d-e1-ft

Do you want to know how to depress the devil? Just follow the instructions in that last verse. When persecution comes, when friends or family criticize you because you lay hands on the sick and believe in healing, and when co-workers call you a fanatic because you love Jesus and aren't afraid to say so, rejoice! Shout hallelujah and leap for joy!

I tell you that will discourage the devil to no end. He's expecting that persecution to hurt you. He's expecting it to damage your faith, to wipe you out and to leave you in dismay.
I'm not saying you should enjoy the persecution itself. But you can learn to overlook the discomfort of those things by focusing your attention on the reward that's coming and the fact that Jesus said you are blessed.

The Apostle Paul certainly knew how to do that. He was an expert on rejoicing in the midst of persecution. Satan was constantly stirring up trouble for him. But do you know what he said about all that persecution? He said it was not even worth considering compared to the glory that was about to be revealed.

If Paul could rejoice in the midst of beatings, stonings, shipwrecks, imprisonment and almost every other kind of persecution, you can too!

Just do what he did. When he was told by the Holy Ghost that bonds and afflictions awaited him, he said, "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).

Don't get all caught up in what people think and what people say down here on earth. Get caught up in pleasing the Lord. Get caught up in finishing your course with joy. Get caught up in the glorious hope that's ahead. For that hope is enough to make anyone—under any circumstance—leap for joy!
8Nki9gxgoPIOMNWCGe5lj0n96OYgJSEdiJyO_R_jDE58YmHKTWDa9O3K2ZeZLLjqvt4bTKH2f6tcz2ma91IAYMcz70v51VUNLVyyHlcou858kWC_ONN-uClwIvX7W7CwpEaf=s0-d-e1-ft

Scripture Reading: Acts 16:16-35
© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

The Lord is my helper, I am not afraid of what man can do to me.

But, interestingly the bible doesnt say dont be afraid of what women can do. Hmm have to think about that one. Elijah ran away from Jezebel. Herodias asked for John the baptist head on a platter. Delilah cut Samsons hair. Eve offered Adam the forbidden fruit and he ate it without question.

But, interestingly the bible doesnt say dont be afraid of what women can do. Hmm have to think about that one. Elijah ran away from Jezebel. Herodias asked for John the baptist head on a platter. Delilah cut Samsons hair. Eve offered Adam the forbidden fruit and he ate it without question.
Learn to understand your bible Lanolin :)
There are female tiger's and male tigers but they are both tigers. Man is God's Creation which is both male and female... and refers to mankind.
Blessings

Discourage the Devil
Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
– Luke 6:22-23

Do you want to know how to depress the devil? Just follow the instructions in that last verse. When persecution comes, when friends or family criticize you because you lay hands on the sick and believe in healing, and when co-workers call you a fanatic because you love Jesus and aren't afraid to say so, rejoice! Shout hallelujah and leap for joy!

I tell you that will discourage the devil to no end. He's expecting that persecution to hurt you. He's expecting it to damage your faith, to wipe you out and to leave you in dismay.
I'm not saying you should enjoy the persecution itself. But you can learn to overlook the discomfort of those things by focusing your attention on the reward that's coming and the fact that Jesus said you are blessed.

The Apostle Paul certainly knew how to do that. He was an expert on rejoicing in the midst of persecution. Satan was constantly stirring up trouble for him. But do you know what he said about all that persecution? He said it was not even worth considering compared to the glory that was about to be revealed.

If Paul could rejoice in the midst of beatings, stonings, shipwrecks, imprisonment and almost every other kind of persecution, you can too!

Just do what he did. When he was told by the Holy Ghost that bonds and afflictions awaited him, he said, "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).

Don't get all caught up in what people think and what people say down here on earth. Get caught up in pleasing the Lord. Get caught up in finishing your course with joy. Get caught up in the glorious hope that's ahead. For that hope is enough to make anyone—under any circumstance—leap for joy!

Scripture Reading: Acts 16:16-35
© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved
I loved this so much cturtle, this was so inspiring and just what I needed to hear

I the past I have allowed myself to get far too hurt and I now realise the devil was using hurtful experience to pollute my joy......reading your words has been so illuminating! I am so grateful for the friend :)

Learn to understand your bible Lanolin :)
There are female tiger's and male tigers but they are both tigers. Man is God's Creation which is both male and female... and refers to mankind.
Blessings
I dont know what tigers have to do with anything, sorry.

Woman are also Gods creation, if you read the Bible, women was created last. Eve was created after Adam.
GOd also put hostility between the woman and her enemy. genesis 3:15 tells us it specifically it was enmity between the woman and the serpent, not the man and serpent.

Then Genesis 6 tells us daughters were born. And that men were wicked, so wicked that God wanted to stop all the wickedness with a flood. Have a read of this chapter, what kind of wickedness was it. All it says is the men began to multiply and take wives, and the daughters were bearing children. Nothing about killing each other or being mean or saying bad words...or tigers.

Are you reading your Bible fishcatcherjim. I am. I dont read anything about tigers, not sure where you get that from. Maybe you read it differently from me, or maybe you thinking of Noahs ark. Thats fine. I am just reading what God shows me. Apparently Noah was righteous in all his generstions, so he must have done something right, plus his wife and his sons wives were rescued out of all mankind, so, it seems at least they didnt hate each other. If you stuck on a boat for 40 days with Just your family, (and animals) well, if you can survive that you can survive anything. I know some families that couldnt stand each other for a day, let alone 40 days.

But, interestingly the bible doesnt say dont be afraid of what women can do.
I dont know what tigers have to do with anything, sorry.

Woman are also Gods creation, if you read the Bible, women was created last. Eve was created after Adam.
GOd also put hostility between the woman and her enemy. genesis 3:15 tells us it specifically it was enmity between the woman and the serpent, not the man and serpent.

Then Genesis 6 tells us daughters were born. And that men were wicked, so wicked that God wanted to stop all the wickedness with a flood. Have a read of this chapter, what kind of wickedness was it. All it says is the men began to multiply and take wives, and the daughters were bearing children. Nothing about killing each other or being mean or saying bad words...or tigers.

Are you reading your Bible fishcatcherjim. I am. I dont read anything about tigers, not sure where you get that from. Maybe you read it differently from me, or maybe you thinking of Noahs ark. Thats fine. I am just reading what God shows me. Apparently Noah was righteous in all his generstions, so he must have done something right, plus his wife and his sons wives were rescued out of all mankind, so, it seems at least they didnt hate each other. If you stuck on a boat for 40 days with Just your family, (and animals) well, if you can survive that you can survive anything. I know some families that couldnt stand each other for a day, let alone 40 days.

But, interestingly the bible doesnt say dont be afraid of what women can do

Tigers were a reference. An example.
Male and female but both still tigers.
Biblical man is both male and female.
Therefore the Word of God does say don't be afraid of what a woman can do.
Yes I read my Bibles. Thank You
Blessings

Jesus idea of forsaking treasures on earth for those in heaven, Paul's "counting it all as lost"...
The Apostles admonition to celebrate when you are scandalized and punished for The Faith....
Meeting together regularly to talk about being abused and scandalized for God's name... Etc.

These all share an interesting thing - they mentally prepare you for the loss... So while it hurts... It doesn't cripple and destroy you mentally and emotionally... You know it's coming and have prepared yourself mentally (as much as you can).

It takes away the shock value of persecution and especially scandalization from the outside....

It's pretty hard to effectively use "Scandalization" against somebody who believes that public scandalization for your faith is a sign you are doing it right...

That's one of the hardest things we see when kids go off to college.... They have been sheltered and have never experienced being abused, scandalized, and ridiculed for The Faith... And since they have been so heavily sheltered and protected from any of this..... And since we treat being abused and scandalized publically for your faith as a sign you are doing things wrong - it really crushes a lot of kids.. Think of this - many churches side WITH SOCIETY against Christians!!!!

Think of what The Apostles went through... They witnessed Jesus being scandalized and ridiculed daily by enemies who followed him around... They received the same hate and scorn... But Jesus prepared them by allowing them to experience this and teaching them that it is expected and that it has no power over them..... And in fact - teaching them that their enemies fighting against them meant they were on the right track!! For example - Do not fear the one who can only abuse you or kill you - fear The One who can destroy your soul in everlasting fire....

I loved this so much cturtle, this was so inspiring and just what I needed to hear

I the past I have allowed myself to get far too hurt and I now realise the devil was using hurtful experience to pollute my joy......reading your words has been so illuminating! I am so grateful for the friend :)

This was written by my spiritual Father. So all glory goes to The lord for His providing it. The Father knew what you needed to hear... so He put it in your path to receive some much needed freedom and knowledge.

Blessings

The Bible doesn't refer specifically to women a lot but when He refers to man... He is speaking about mankind, which is men and women the same.

Let's stick to the topic of this thread.
It's basically how we as believers need to walk in order to be victorious over our enemies attacks.

It's being Offensive and not Defensive.

Thank You
Blessings

The Bible doesn't refer specifically to women a lot but when He refers to man... He is speaking about mankind, which is men and women the same.
I do find there are specific references to women though.
For example in revelation, and one of the instances where the devil does use the woman in the whore of babylon who seduces men to commit fornication and lives in luxury. Then Jesus says come out from her and be separate.

Another time Jesus refers to Jezebel as someone dangerous for men. Again he says not to tolerate her.

This is a spirit at work thats ungodly but its charcterised as something feminine.

I think you have to be careful when reading the bible because sometimes God actually does refer to men as men and women as women and is quite specific about it. Jesus didnt dismiss the whore of babylon as someone that people (particularly men) would be afraid of, its sort of implied in the Bible that men, Kings, etc will be willingly seduced by her. This is just another way for the devil to steal kill and destroy. If you are trying to please a Jezebel, you are taking your eyes off the Lord.

There is a saying hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Well the devil will act just like this woman scorned, if you choose not to be seduced and flee fornication.

This is what the OP brought to my mind anyway when I read it, I dont know why..just thought I needed to share that. Sorry I dont mean to go off topic.

I do find there are specific references to women though.
Of course you do however we are referring to the scriptures you used

Psalm 118:6
The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

Hebrew 13:6
So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Point was man in these scriptures are in reference to mankind His creation which is both male and female.

There is a saying hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Well the devil will act just like this woman scorned, if you choose not to be seduced and flee fornication.

This is a religious and worldly pathetic statement just like if mamma ain't happy no one is happy.
Both are self centered and makes the woman to be a controlling mean self centered person.

Neither of which line up with scripture.
We need to be cautious in what we treat as innocent silly sayings because ALL WORDS matter and all words put something into action. These kind of things are straight out of the pit of hell.

Blessings
FCJ

I do find there are specific references to women though

That's why I said a lot right after :) .... meaning that there are specific stories and references to particular women and their connection to the Lord, which give us, as women, strength and encouragement to seek the Lord and follow His directions.

Of course you do however we are referring to the scriptures you used

Psalm 118:6
The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

Hebrew 13:6
So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Point was man in these scriptures are in reference to mankind His creation which is both male and female.

This is a religious and worldly pathetic statement just like if mamma ain't happy no one is happy.
Both are self centered and makes the woman to be a controlling mean self centered person.

Neither of which line up with scripture.
We need to be cautious in what we treat as innocent silly sayings because ALL WORDS matter and all words put something into action. These kind of things are straight out of the pit of hell.

Blessings
FCJ
Why are you arguing something that isnt even an argument.
Revelation shows us that Jesus warned against women like Jezebel. OT shows what damage she caused for King
Ahab who abidcated his responsibility and was unequally yoked. This is a warning for men. Dont be seduced. Flee fornication. Dont go there, and if you can avoid it, it would be wise to do so. See Joseph at least did not fall prey to Potiphars wife, yet because he refused her, she cried wolf and put him in jail. This is what a woman can do to a man.
In Proverbs there are several warning against going with strange women because they can lead you to the pit.

What did Joseph do, he didnt stay and try to reason with mrs potiphar. He RAN.

Last edited:
Why are you arguing something that isnt even an argument.
Truth is, I am not arguing at all.
There simply is no truth to the statement that God said don't fear what man can do but fear a women.

God said don't fear what a human can do since they can only kill the body but fear God who can destroy the soul in hell which is the second death.

Yes if a man is smart he will avoid a permiscuis woman at all cost. Same as a woman needs to avoid a man with a manipulating spirit using his position to seduce her.

Also Take Note that Seducing spirits does not always mean sexual anything .

Blessings

I wasnt implying it was always sexual Jim, just said seducing spirits.
Also I didnt say God said to fear a woman, I just repeated what the bible says and thought a little bit more about it.

Thats all. I like to ponder things in the Bible. There are many warnings in the Bible of things that men and women can do to each other, the battle of the sexes is a reality just as men can fight each other and women can as well.

For example, the orthodox are so strict in their religious observance that they do not allow men and women to even sit with each other in some of their services. Why is this? Why did the whore of babylon say 'I sit a queen and am no widow'. Why was Samson completely undone by Delilah...all she did was cut off his hair. But no man would do it, it was just that he allowed her access I suppose.

The devil will try to get in between a man and a woman thats no argument, the fall out is always divorce and broken families. Why are there such places as womens refuges, not mens refuges. You can see it all around you, so, am not saying anything new. And many women, myself included, are treated differently by men simply because we are women. The devil can hit the woman much harder simply because she is physically weaker, going back to adam and Eve. Men go off to war, the women stay at home, thats a pattern thats been going on for centuries. Nowadays if you want to join the army, navy or airforce, the majority of the infantry will still be men. In the bible Jael could fight the enemy with her tent peg when no man could kill sisera in the battlefield.

I just find that interesting thats all am not trying to argue against the Bible. You look at scripture and then you look further and see what God says, He does not always lump men and women together all the time.

Last edited:
I dont mean to go off topic or anything. Just seeing the devil do his dirty work from a womans persepctive, While many arent persecuted like Paul was in the exact same manner, what i see is, when women are in relationships with unbelievers, they will also encounter beatings, stonings, shipwrecks (of their marriage) imprisonment, etc.

People dont always know this because its not often talked about. Am just putting it out there. Wives dont generally call the police on their own husbands when they are drunk or abusive, they often just cover it up.

Back