Do you love God with your whole heart?

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

Do you love God with your whole heart?

I was going thru some of our family bible studies and I came across this one which is just as applicable today as the day it was given- I hope it blesses you as much as it blessed me- enjoy

WHOLE HEART

Psa 119:34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
IN OUR LAST 6 STUDIES WE HAVE SEEN PEOPLE WHO:
1. FOLLOW GOD WITH THEIR WHOLE HEART-
2Ch 15:15 And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the LORD gave them rest round about.

Psa 9:1 To the chief Musician upon Muth-labben, A Psalm of David. I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will show forth all thy marvelous works.
Psa 9:2 I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
Psa 9:3 When mine enemies are turned back, they shall fall and perish at thy presence.
Psa 9:4 For thou hast maintained my right and my cause; thou satest in the throne judging right.

Psa 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

2. FOLLOW GOD BUT NOT WITH THEIR HEART-
Jer 3:10 And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but, feignedly, saith the LORD.

2Ch 25:2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, but not with a perfect heart.

3. HAVE THEIR HEART COMPLETELY TURNED AWAY FROM GOD-
Deu 29:18 Lest there should be among you man or woman, or family, or tribe, whose heart turneth away this day from, the LORD our God, to go and serve the gods of these nations; lest there should be among you a root that beareth gall and wormwood;

WE HAVE SEEN THAT GOD DEALS WITH EVERYONE OF THESE PEOPLE ACCORDING TO THEIR ATTITUDE TOWARDS HIM-
WE HAVE ALSO SEEN THAT JUST DOING THE RIGHT THING BUT WITH THE WRONG HEART ALWAYS ENDS UP A DISASTER BUT TO A LOVING HEART-
Psa 36:5 Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.
Psa 36:6 Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast.
Psa 36:7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
Psa 36:8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness, of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.
Psa 36:9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.
Psa 36:10 O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart.

THERE IS INDEED A PATTERN OF TESTING IN OUR LIVES-
Deu 8:2 And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or not.
THE CHOICE IS CLEARLY YOURS - WHICH ATTITUDE WILL YOU MANIFEST AT YOUR NEXT TRAIL? AT YOUR NEXT DISAPPOINTMENT? AT YOUR NEXT BLESSING?
Deu 30:1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither, the LORD3068 thy God hath driven5 thee,
Deu 30:2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul
RETURN WITH ALL THINE HEART THEN:
Deu 30:3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.
Deu 30:4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outermost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:
Deu 30:5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.
HEALING , DELIVERANCE , RESTORATION AND PROVISION- ALL OF THESE CAN BE FOUND BY THOSE WHO DRAW NEAR- ISN’T IT TIME TO DRAW NEAR WITH YOUR WHOLE HEART?
Deu 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
IF YOUR NOT SURE IF YOU CAN LOVE HIM LIKE THAT- DRAW NEAR- THE CLOSER YOU GET THE MORE YOU CHANGE- THE MORE YOU CHANGE THE CLOSER YOU CAN GET!

Deu 30:8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD,and do all his commandments which command thee this day.
Deu 30:9 And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers:
Deu 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are writte in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU DID ALL THESE THINGS JUST FOR THE BENEFITS? GOD’S BLESSING HAS BECOME AN IDOL IN SOME LIVES- THEY SEEK IT INSTEAD OF HIM, THIS IS THE ULTIMATE TRAGEDY TO MISS HIS LOVING HEART AND PURSUE THINGS INSTEAD

Deu 30:15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
Deu 30:16 In that command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy Go shall bless thee in the land whither, thou goest to possess3 it.
STEP ONE: LOVE THE LORD THY GOD
STEP TWO: WALK IN HIS WAYS- YES HIS WAYS NOT YOURS
STEP THREE: WALK IN HIS LOVE AND BLESSING!
Deu 30:17 But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;
Deu 30:18 I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.
Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
Deu 30:20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life,and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD swore unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
THE CHOICE IS OURS- WHICH WAY WILL YOU GO? BEFORE YOU ANSWER THIS STOP AND SURRENDER YOUR HEART TO GOD- EVEN THOSE SECRET PLANS AND THOSE HIDDEN PLACES- AS YOU BEGAN TO RELEASE YOUR LIFE INTO HIS HANDS YOU WILL LOVE, OBEY, CLEAVE AND FOLLOW FOR HE IS THY LIFE!

Back