Do you really love God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many people that go to church and say they love God. But there are many wolves in the pack, and we must be very careful. We as Christians, must pray each every minute of the day and ask for the Full Armor of God. The question I ask, Are you listening to the right voice? There are many believers that listen to others for opinions and seek council with fellow Christians. But I believe Jesus is the Wonderful Counselor. We must know where we need to be as a child of God. First of all, the scripture say: Seek ye first the Kingdom of god and His Righteousness and all things will be added unto you. The Lord didn't mean "stuff", you asking God for stuff everyday is not right. The Lord said it is better to "Give" than to receive. We must be givers to God. Our Heavenly Father didn't create us to make him our puppet on a string. Our Heavenly Father wants our heart and He will bless those that are obedient. The Lord said" My sheep will know my voice. So, we must know His voice and we must know what the will of the Lord is for our life. God loves you!

There are many people that go to church and say they love God. But there are many wolves in the pack, and we must be very careful. We as Christians, must pray each every minute of the day and ask for the Full Armor of God. The question I ask, Are you listening to the right voice? There are many believers that listen to others for opinions and seek council with fellow Christians. But I believe Jesus is the Wonderful Counselor. We must know where we need to be as a child of God. First of all, the scripture say: Seek ye first the Kingdom of god and His Righteousness and all things will be added unto you. The Lord didn't mean "stuff", you asking God for stuff everyday is not right. The Lord said it is better to "Give" than to receive. We must be givers to God. Our Heavenly Father didn't create us to make him our puppet on a string. Our Heavenly Father wants our heart and He will bless those that are obedient. The Lord said" My sheep will know my voice. So, we must know His voice and we must know what the will of the Lord is for our life. God loves you!

I agree completely with you Victor. There is no promise in the Bible that being a Christian will lead to a good job, wealth, freedom from debt.

First of all, the scripture say: Seek ye first the Kingdom of god and His Righteousness and all things will be added unto you. The Lord didn't mean "stuff", you asking God for stuff everyday is not right.

Mathew 6:31
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

Mathew 6:32
For after all these things do the Gentiles seek, for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

6:31......telling us to not worry and to not keep your head and heart full of your needs
6:32.....tells us....the unsaved or people of the world seek after these things. They strive, toil and devote their all into getting them.
Also let's us know God Already Knows we need these things, so relax.
6:33....Tells us to Put, Make and Keep God And His Ways Of Doing Things First.
Tells us He will supply, take care of and keep you well.

2Corinthians6:17
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Be ye separate........not like, not following after, not operating like, separated unto Him and His Ways of doing things.

Now then
The verse better to give then to receive has nothing to do with prayer.
Acts20:35
I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Now I agree we aught not go to God begging Him and crying and complaining about our needs all the time. I mean for one there is no faith in it.

Blessings
FCJ

I agree completely with you Victor. There is no promise in the Bible that being a Christian will lead to a good job, wealth, freedom from debt.

Well Sir,
Can you explain how being poor, broke and in debt is Reigning in or with Christ?

We are set apart from the world and we are the ones who are to reign in life.
So how does this happen ?
Blessings

Well Sir,
Can you explain how being poor, broke and in debt is Reigning in or with Christ?

Blessings

PRAISE THE Lord! (Hallelujah!) Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who fears (reveres and worships) the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments. [Deut. 10:12.] His [spiritual] offspring shall be mighty upon earth; the generation of the upright shall be blessed. Prosperity and welfare are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever.
Psalm 112:1‭-‬3 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/psa.112.1-3.AMPC

So...True...If we are believers and there is a God that cares and wants us too be prosperous in our Faith. We must "Trust in Him" and believe His Truth and His Word. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us....Amen

All blessings.

I do have trouble with that word "love", especially when applied to our relationship with God. Even when Jesus said "If you love me and ...", then I have to think round that word, and sometimes the relationship changes.
It is easier, I think, to imagine God's love for us than the other way round.
More frequently it is easier to think of the relationship from the position of "the man who fears (reveres and worships) the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments".
I'm not saying the word is used wrongly, but even if I could imagine cuddling up to God, laying all my needs on Him, it wouldn't be easy to say I loved Him.
I can believe His promises. I can trust Him. I can worship Him. I can thank Him.
I can only try to love Him by thanking Him.

It's all a matter of semantics.

I do have trouble with that word "love", especially when applied to our relationship with God.
You make a very good point.
I observe that much of the traditional respect, reverence and obedience to the Word, the fundamentals of the gospels, has been replaced by an outward
display of emotionalism (often carried through music).
There are countless gospel singers and bands that stir up their audiences with warm glowing feelings with arms upraised and everyone is
singing how they love Jesus and how Jesus loves them.
But do these people love the Word of God? Do they love the scriptures? Do they love submission and obedience?

If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15
He that hath my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father,
and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. John 14:21

But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it. Luke 11:28

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments,
and abide in his love. John 15:10

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; John 8:31

All blessings.

I do have trouble with that word "love", especially when applied to our relationship with God. Even when Jesus said "If you love me and ...", then I have to think round that word, and sometimes the relationship changes.
It is easier, I think, to imagine God's love for us than the other way round.
More frequently it is easier to think of the relationship from the position of "the man who fears (reveres and worships) the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments".
I'm not saying the word is used wrongly, but even if I could imagine cuddling up to God, laying all my needs on Him, it wouldn't be easy to say I loved Him.
I can believe His promises. I can trust Him. I can worship Him. I can thank Him.
I can only try to love Him by thanking Him.

It's all a matter of semantics.

Agreed. We use the word "Love" rather loosely. It is actually a very hard thing to explain as we as humans tend to apply love to sex and visa versa.

Well Sir,

Blessings

I certainly can but you will not like it Jim and I am sure you will not agree with me and that is perfectly fine with me.

The fact is that I am just as much as child of God today as I was 50 years ago. I have been blessed by God and now have a comfortable life in retirement. But there was a time, 50 years ago when I was poor, broke but I was still reigning with Christ because it is not a matter of money or prosperity of things I own that set me apart from the world.
In fact it has nothing to do with me and everything to do with who Christ is.

It seems to me that The world’s definition of prosperity is achieving financial success. That is not the God’s definition of prosperity. Yet, the Christian world has fallen for the deception that prosperity means obtaining great financial wealth and if we are really Christians reigning with Christ then we will be prosperous and what we have materially is proof that we are a child of God.

But Jim, how does that square with the person who lived with no electricity, or running water and had to use the out house for a bathroom. Are they less than those who have a 5000 square house with 6 bathrooms?
I come from a very poor family who lived in the country in north Alabama and my grandparents were some of the most Godly people who ever lived......Period!!!!

But they were financially poor but spiritually rich. Does the prosperity gospel then say that they were not blessed by God because they had nothing. Does the Bible say that they did not reign with Christ because they were poor???
If so what Scriptures would we go to find that truth????

Now Christians are trying to become millionaires instead of being content and seeking true spiritual riches. It is these true spiritual riches that the Bible speaks of which we need to seek. What is the Bible’s and God’s definition of prosperity? It has nothing to do with money.

Pro 28:20 ..........
"A faithful man will abound with blessings, but whoever hastens to be rich will not go unpunished."

We all IMO need to see that what God values is true riches, not what we value. True riches is knowing Him. There it is! It is so simple yet so powerful. Knowing God is real prosperity.

Pro 24:3-4 ...........
Through wisdom is a house built; and by understanding it is established: (4) And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Yes. there is cause for thought throughout this theme.

I rather feel that when I love someone or something, I want to give rather than receive from them. So I can feel loved by God, but there is only my service and thankfulness I can give Him, which is obedience rather than love.

There are two ways of feeling right about asking God for finance and prosperity for our family, too. I have recently had some gifts from a friend and must give it away somehow. But unless there is a special personal need, I'm happier for it to go to a deserving Charity. I wouldn't like any of my family to go away disappointed because Jesus said they were too rich to follow Him..

May we be blessed with the Truth.

. I wouldn't like any of my family to go away disappointed because Jesus said they were too rich to follow Him..

It's interesting to note that Jesus never told anyone that they were to rich to follow Him.
God needs prospering wealthy Believers to support His plans of ministry, or churches or to bless those believers who have needs that they are struggling to meet.

Pro 28:20 ..........
"A faithful man will abound with blessings, but whoever hastens to be rich will not go unpunished."

We all IMO need to see that what God values is true riches, not what we value. True riches is knowing Him. There it is! It is so simple yet so powerful. Knowing God is real prosperity.

Hi Major,
I am going to be breaking your post down into sections, other wise it could get confusing and things missed.

Let's look at your quote
A faithful man shall abound with blessings:
but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.

A faithful man will have many blessings
but one in a hurry to get rich
will not go unpunished.

A trustworthy person will receive many blessings,
but one rushing to get rich will not go unpunished.

A faithful man shall abound with blessings,
but he who makes haste to be rich [at any cost] shall not go unpunished.

As you can see we are once again being told that he Who Seeks After as number one goal in life. Puts Riches first place.

There is a difference between God Prospering One (in all areas) and one making that the most important thing in their life.

And Born again believer who God has prospered has been first prospering in their soul (mind, will and emotions) and this must come from a prospering spirit or another words. .... One will always Prosper Spiritually before they prosper any other way.

Now perhaps we should keep this thread in tune with the op.
Blessings
FCJ

PRAISE THE Lord! (Hallelujah!) Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who fears (reveres and worships) the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments. [Deut. 10:12.] His [spiritual] offspring shall be mighty upon earth; the generation of the upright shall be blessed. Prosperity and welfare are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever.
Psalm 112:1‭-‬3 AMPC
http://bible.com/8/psa.112.1-3.AMPC

From, "The treasures in the house of the righteous", by H.W. Beecher......
"Though very great, are not duly appreciated, even by those who possess them. I heard a good man say once, as we passed the home of a millionaire, “It, doesn’t seem right that such a man as he is should be rolling in wealth, while I have to work hard for my daily bread.” I made no reply. But when we reached the home of the grumbler, and a troop of rosy children ran out to meet us, I caught one in my arms, and, holding him up, said, “John, how much will you take for this boy?” And he answered, while the moisture gathered in his eyes, “That boy, my namesake! I wouldn’t sell him for his weight in gold.” “Why, John, he weighs forty pounds at least, and forty pounds of gold would make you many times a millionaire. And you would probably ask as much for each of the others. So, according to your own admission, you are immensely rich. Yes, a great deal richer than that cold, selfish, childless millionaire whom you were envying as we came along. Nothing would tempt you to change places with him. Then you ought to be grateful instead of grumbling. You are the favorite of fortune, or, rather, of Providence, and not he.”

From, "The treasures in the house of the righteous", by H.W. Beecher......
"Though very great, are not duly appreciated, even by those who possess them. I heard a good man say once, as we passed the home of a millionaire, “It, doesn’t seem right that such a man as he is should be rolling in wealth, while I have to work hard for my daily bread.” I made no reply. But when we reached the home of the grumbler, and a troop of rosy children ran out to meet us, I caught one in my arms, and, holding him up, said, “John, how much will you take for this boy?” And he answered, while the moisture gathered in his eyes, “That boy, my namesake! I wouldn’t sell him for his weight in gold.” “Why, John, he weighs forty pounds at least, and forty pounds of gold would make you many times a millionaire. And you would probably ask as much for each of the others. So, according to your own admission, you are immensely rich. Yes, a great deal richer than that cold, selfish, childless millionaire whom you were envying as we came along. Nothing would tempt you to change places with him. Then you ought to be grateful instead of grumbling. You are the favorite of fortune, or, rather, of Providence, and not he.”

Hi Major,
What point we're you trying to make with this story?

It seems as if a selfish person with lots of wealth is being used as comparison to a wealthy God Blessed person.

This is why you posted this is it not?
I mean comparing ungodly rich person to a Godly person with less.

Blessings
FCJ

Hi Major,
I am going to be breaking your post down into sections, other wise it could get confusing and things missed.

Let's look at your quote
A faithful man shall abound with blessings:
but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.

A faithful man will have many blessings
but one in a hurry to get rich
will not go unpunished.

A trustworthy person will receive many blessings,
but one rushing to get rich will not go unpunished.

A faithful man shall abound with blessings,
but he who makes haste to be rich [at any cost] shall not go unpunished.

As you can see we are once again being told that he Who Seeks After as number one goal in life. Puts Riches first place.

There is a difference between God Prospering One (in all areas) and one making that the most important thing in their life.

And Born again believer who God has prospered has been first prospering in their soul (mind, will and emotions) and this must come from a prospering spirit or another words. .... One will always Prosper Spiritually before they prosper any other way.

Now perhaps we should keep this thread in tune with the op.
Blessings
FCJ

That is exactly what I did Jim.

the original quote in the op was..........
"The Lord didn't mean "stuff", you asking God for stuff everyday is not right. The Lord said it is better to "Give" than to receive. We must be givers to "God. Our Heavenly Father didn't create us to make him our puppet on a string. Our Heavenly Father wants our heart and He will bless those that are obedient. "

My comment to Victor was........

You then said........
"Well Sir, Can you explain how being poor, broke and in debt is Reigning in or with Christ?
So how does this happen ?"

I was speaking right to the op but you asked me a question............
"So how does this happen ?"

I simply answered your question as posed to me.

Hi Major,
What point we're you trying to make with this story?

It seems as if a selfish person with lots of wealth is being used as comparison to a wealthy God Blessed person.

This is why you posted this is it not?
I mean comparing ungodly rich person to a Godly person with less.

Blessings
FCJ

That is correct and the key was ........."So, according to your own admission, you are immensely rich."

The Godly person is blessed beyond money and fame in that he has his children who loves him as the Lord loves him.
When we have those kinds of riches, we are blessed beyond our understanding.

You then said........
"Well Sir, Can you explain how being poor, broke and in debt is Reigning in or with Christ?
So how does this happen ?"

I was speaking right to the op but you asked me a question............
"So how does this happen ?"

I simply answered your question as posed to me

Hi Major,
With All do Respect Sir,
No you did not answer my question.

If a believer is , sickly, poor and thinking they are humble in this way.
How does this constitute reigning in this life through Christ?

I am in No Way claiming wealth here on earth means your reigning but i am saying being poor and claiming it's more Godly is simply Accepting Lack as God's Will.

Blessings
FCJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back