Does anyone truly believe in Evolution anymore?

It seems that the more we learn as scientific and archaeological finds come to light, the less people believe in Evolution. Scientist and Darwinism tell us that life on earth evolved gradually beginning with one primitive species, their not really sure how, and it made new and diverse species. But yet there are no not one piece of evidence found of a gradual change from a "self-replicating molecule" to all the different species. There are no evidence of gradualism or that later species should have traits that make them look like the descendants of earlier ones. We don't find a fish changing to land crawler or a lizard changing to bird, there nothing that would show the lineage of any species.

Evolution along with the 'Big Bang' idea are losing the people as more evidence comes to light. How could the universe just appear out of nothing, and be spinning in all different tangents rather than one way as they should, or the universe be larger than we can even chart in such a short time. Scientist scramble to come up with another way or adjustment to the theory. but the more they try, the more convoluted it becomes. Many of these ideas of man are being discovered to be unsupported, or no longer seem to have any validity with people today

It seems that the more we learn as scientific and archaeological finds come to light, the less people believe in Evolution. Scientist and Darwinism tell us that life on earth evolved gradually beginning with one primitive species, their not really sure how, and it made new and diverse species. But yet there are no not one piece of evidence found of a gradual change from a "self-replicating molecule" to all the different species. There are no evidence of gradualism or that later species should have traits that make them look like the descendants of earlier ones. We don't find a fish changing to land crawler or a lizard changing to bird, there nothing that would show the lineage of any species.

Evolution along with the 'Big Bang' idea are losing the people as more evidence comes to light. How could the universe just appear out of nothing, and be spinning in all different tangents rather than one way as they should, or the universe be larger than we can even chart in such a short time. Scientist scramble to come up with another way or adjustment to the theory. but the more they try, the more convoluted it becomes. Many of these ideas of man are being discovered to be unsupported, or no longer seem to have any validity with people today
There might be a valid argument supporting adaptation, but not evolution.

rtm3039

Yea I dont know its probably just the people writing textbooks, and working in natural history museums unfortunately, many people are just unaware and keep propagating the same old lies.

When people say the universe is billions of years old they cant say its that age for certain, because the 'official' age keeps changing. Most people take what evolutionists claim with a huge grain of salt.

It seems that the more we learn as scientific and archaeological finds come to light, the less people believe in Evolution.
Evolution along with the 'Big Bang' idea are losing the people as more evidence comes to light. How could the universe just appear out of nothing, and be spinning in all different tangents rather than one way as they should, or the universe be larger than we can even chart in such a short time.

Hello Hobie;

Thank you for your thread. Science and archaeology does present their arguments and this encourages mankind to continue searching and seeking answers to learn more about our universe, planets and earth. At the same time much has been learned by these researchers that has led to the belief of God. Alas, other researchers are still sceptical of God or that He has anything to do with evolution.

God bless you and your family.

Don't want to start heated discussions, but there are many strong evangelical Christians who believe in both Evolution and Big Bang.

Hello Siloam;

This is true. Strong evangelicals who believe in both evolution and the big bang have one foot in and the other in Christology.

Siloam, I know you enjoy reading. If you can, please check out the Holman Bible Atlas by Thomas Brisco. It has very interesting archaeological studies of the Ancient Near East and have seen, heard and enjoyed good, open discussions between science, archaeologists and theologians, and respect them for their dialogue and zeal for learning.

God bless you both and your families.

YES.

Our church is 2 miles from Stetson University. It is a bastion for liberal arts and if anyone thinks evolution is dead.......just go to any college (Secular) and ask one of the students.

Hand-in-hand with the brainwashing factor is the impact of intimidation. Supposedly, evolutionary doctrine has the endorsement of “science.” In 1966, H. J. Muller, a prominent geneticist, circulated a statement signed by 177 biologists. It asserted that evolution is a “scientific law” which is as firmly established as the rotundity of the earth.

Since most folks want to be thought of as “educated,” and as they have been led to believe that “all educated people believe in evolution,” they have defected to the Darwinian camp. Most of these individuals could not cite a solitary argument in defense of evolution; they simply believe it is fact because “the scientists say so.”
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/567-why-people-believe-in-evolution

Hand-in-hand with the brainwashing factor is the impact of intimidation. Supposedly, evolutionary doctrine has the endorsement of “science.” In 1966, H. J. Muller, a prominent geneticist, circulated a statement signed by 177 biologists. It asserted that evolution is a “scientific law” which is as firmly established as the rotundity of the earth.

Since most folks want to be thought of as “educated,” and as they have been led to believe that “all educated people believe in evolution,” they have defected to the Darwinian camp. Most of these individuals could not cite a solitary argument in defense of evolution; they simply believe it is fact because “the scientists say so.”
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/567-why-people-believe-in-evolution
Greetings all.

If no one has seen it, I suggest people watch "One strange rock" on NetFlix. It is hosted by Will Smith. It is science base, but, at least to me, it illustrates that out earth and our own existence is way way too complicated for the idea of all of this being an accident. In particular, watch the first one; it is amazing.

rtm3039

Siloam, I know you enjoy reading. If you can, please check out the Holman Bible Atlas by Thomas Brisco.

Its not that I enjoy reading so much... I am too lazy. Its more that I enjoy understanding :). If someone can let me know of a way of gaining information in an easier way, let me know!!

Your recommendation caused me to consider it carefully (I have felt the need for a similar reference recently)..
So I purchased an electronic version from Olive Tree.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Since the original question concerned whether anyone truly believes in evolution, I would like to encourage all to read the thread:

is-a-day-a-day-or-a-thousand-years-or-a-million

Post #23 (Many voices) where I presented many of the wide variety of Christian leadership who embrace or at least do not disbelieve evolution.

Then there is the paper Compatibility of Major US Christian Denominations with Evolution
by Joel W Martin of the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
published in Evolution: Education and Outreach volume 3, pages 420–431 (2010)

For this paper Dr Martin examined the denomination declarations of faith and other statements concerning their stance toward evolution and recorded their compatibility with evolution.

In an accompanying table, the results were provided the question "Accepting Evolution as Compatible with their Faith" (Yes) (No) and Unclear. The totals were weighted by the number of adherents in each denomination.

The results were:
Yes (Compatible) : 94.5 Million
No (Not Compatible): 45.85 Million
Unclear: 9.8 Milliion

Now, I am hesitant to state that this proves anything about whether evolution is TRUE, (Truth is not up to a vote), it does show at least one metric showing that those not opposed outnumber those who find it incompatible.

Thats only in america though, if you tried to do a survey worldwide you might find the numbers completely different.
Ask anyone not from america or england where the idea of evolution came from, and they would laugh and say what a nutty idea. Most cultures have an understanding that the unvierse was created, not exploded.

Thats only in america though, if you tried to do a survey worldwide you might find the numbers completely different.
Ask anyone not from america or england where the idea of evolution came from, and they would laugh and say what a nutty idea. Most cultures have an understanding that the unvierse was created, not exploded.

As I said in my post, this is only one data point. It is also not a particularly strong one since it primarily concerned only an analysis of documents. There can be differences between documents and practice. But assuming that information is not actually false, weak information is better than no information.

As far as extrapolating outside the U.S., I would think that just as the inclusion of Catholic greatly influenced the final counts here, so would the number of Catholics around the world also greatly influence the worldwide totals. And even here, although two Popes have found the concept of evolution as not necessarily contrary to scripture and worthy of consideration does not mean that all Catholics embrace evolution.

Also, understand that for Christians, evolution does not mean that God did not guide the process nor that it was not an integral part of His plan.

There is a small number of believers examining what we are to learn about Him through an understanding of evolution. There is a theology of becomming as being a central theme in creation. I have been looking into this but have not reached a conclusion.

As I said in my post, this is only one data point. It is also not a particularly strong one since it primarily concerned only an analysis of documents. There can be differences between documents and practice. But assuming that information is not actually false, weak information is better than no information.

As far as extrapolating outside the U.S., I would think that just as the inclusion of Catholic greatly influenced the final counts here, so would the number of Catholics around the world also greatly influence the worldwide totals. And even here, although two Popes have found the concept of evolution as not necessarily contrary to scripture and worthy of consideration does not mean that all Catholics embrace evolution.

Also, understand that for Christians, evolution does not mean that God did not guide the process nor that it was not an integral part of His plan.

There is a small number of believers examining what we are to learn about Him through an understanding of evolution. There is a theology of becomming as being a central theme in creation. I have been looking into this but have not reached a conclusion.
Siloam,

I agree that we ought not throw all aspects of evolution out the door. How is mingles with God's design is probably more that most of us can grasp. Take, for example, the Dolphin. It is a mammal that spends its entire life in water (aside from coming up for air). If you look at the skeletal structure of it's fins, they look like human hands. Whales, as well. I have no issues believing that God's creatures evolve through time, or at least adapt to their environment.

rtm3039

Last edited:
Hi Lanolin,

Not sure I agree with your position. In a 2011 survey, here is what found:

The "evolutionist" view was most popular in Sweden (68%), Germany (65%), and China (64%), with the United States ranking 18th (28%), between Mexico (34%) and Russia (26%); the "creationist" view was most popular in Saudi Arabia (75%), Turkey (60%), and Indonesia (57%), with the United States ranking 6th (40%), between Brazil (47%) and Russia (34%).

Hi Lanolin,

Not sure I agree with your position. In a 2011 survey, here is what found:

The "evolutionist" view was most popular in Sweden (68%), Germany (65%), and China (64%), with the United States ranking 18th (28%), between Mexico (34%) and Russia (26%); the "creationist" view was most popular in Saudi Arabia (75%), Turkey (60%), and Indonesia (57%), with the United States ranking 6th (40%), between Brazil (47%) and Russia (34%).

Interesting but it does bear out some of the countries govt policies eg sweden and germany, very influenced by eugenics, and China, athiest communist govt. China still has shocking female infanticide rates.
Other countries not surprising the numbers that believe in creation. Particularly islamic nations. But also predominately christian nations. But again you see numbers differ was what I was getting at.

Hi All, sorry but it is really a big question mark for me: when people discuss "Evolution" another topic "Big Bang" is being attached to it.

It is entirely two different topics.

Simply saying: the first one deals with living things (Animals and Plants, etc)

the second one is non-living things : (rocks, elements, the moon, the stars, space, energy, light, temperature, etc.

if one have an idea why the two topic is being connected, that will be helpful a bit... because i really cannot find a strong correlation or association of the two.

Hi All, sorry but it is really a big question mark for me: when people discuss "Evolution" another topic "Big Bang" is being attached to it.

It is entirely two different topics.

Simply saying: the first one deals with living things (Animals and Plants, etc)

the second one is non-living things : (rocks, elements, the moon, the stars, space, energy, light, temperature, etc.

if one have an idea why the two topic is being connected, that will be helpful a bit... because i really cannot find a strong correlation or association of the two.
It goes back to the 'origin of species' which even Darwin couldnt answer, and speculation that God didnt create the universe in 6 days. Instead scientists claim everything 'evolved' over billions of years.

Natural selection or Darwin's 'survival of the fittest' is the other theory that links in with his 'origin of species' that new species (with completely different DNA chromosomes) somehow 'evolved' from other species. Eg humans 'evolved' from apes. While they have similarities they did not one turn into another over millions of years.

This is why you get nonsense written like our ancestors climbed trees and and we used to walk round on all fours. Well no apes were doing that already but our ancestors were not apes. Everyones ancestors can be traced back to the first man and woman, adam and eve.

Reactions: aha
'Origin' meaning how things start. Darwin couldnt use the word Genesis so he made up an alternative view of 'in the beginning' in which he thought life came out of the sea. Like it just crawled out, but also when pressed about the beginnings of the entire universe he said he didnt know. If you trace back his 'origins' you get nothing he has to insert the 'missing link' between disparate species. But the Bible says God made everything after its own kind.

Also where it breaks down is plants, cos plants dont ' evolve' what you get is varieties, but you dont get magnolias somehow turning into daisies.

Personally I have not seen belief in evolution go down. I am only seeing it becoming more popular. Even within Church. Evolution continues to be part of education system all over the world. My daughter is going to 3rd grade and very soon she would be taught about evolution at school. I have been talking with her a little about it already. To let her know the difference in what the world believes and what Bible teaches.

Back