Does God really love me? Devotional

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how many times I have dreamt of hearing Jesus tell me He loves me. I know He says it, so I just take it by faith, hearing it in His written Word.

One time I started reading a sample of Jesse Duplantis's book wanting a God you can talk to. Trying to figure out and gain knowledge from someone who has the experience of conversing with God like Adam and eve did in the garden.

From what I can gather from listening to pastor Keith preach about hearing the Spirit, and being spirit led, we have to keep practicing listening and remind our minds that we are His sheep and we know His voice. (John 10)

Our minds are so used to listening to all the outside voices around us, with the ears on the side of our head, that it sometimes can take awhile to train our minds to hear what the spirit is saying from our inner man. The Holy Spirit is always speaking, and moving, He's just waiting for us to hear and speak.
So don't give up expectant hope. Make your mind and words agree with Jesus's (john 10).

As far as receiving a hug, I have only taken the time to feel it a few times, when I have my head under my pillow and crying, coming to Him and saying I don't want anything...just for you to hold me. And I remind Him that He is my everything and that I even trust Him to take care of my emotional needs. And I feel such peace that i fall asleep that way. God is our heavenly Father, and as we by faith pull on Him to meet all of our needs according to His riches in glory (Philippians 4:19) then He has the responsibility (because its a promise) and the desire (because He loves us, and is a great Father..Mt 7:11) and ability to come through, to meet those needs. We just have to get to that place of total trust and awareness to receive what we are asking for (Mark 11:22-24).

Sometimes it's not easy to train our minds with those truths, because the enemy will try to fill our minds with lies, to keep us from receiving what were looking for, and the reality of all God has already given us and promised. For he does not want us to understand with unwavering faith (like Abraham..Romans 4-5).

The enemy will make things appear on the outside like what we are hoping (expecting) for is not working or going to come to pass. He does this to steal our faith words. To cause us to speak what we see in the natural instead of what we know to be true of God and His character and promises. He also does this to make people believe that God is a liar, and to make himself to appear strong, like he has any power over a born again believer who is fully submitted to God's ways, to make us afraid of him, when Jesus has already defeated him with His shed blood on the cross. Colossians 2:15

The devil does not want for us to realize that our words are the containers that bring the supernatural or spiritual into the natural. To bring the kingdom of heaven Into our reality. When we speak God's words we get God's results. =)

Which is why it's so important to cast down thoughts that don't line up with the Word (2 Corinthians 10:3-5). The Word is our ultimate truth, and Jesus said it is life. So if we hang onto the promises contained within its pages, we will with faith and patience inherit (reap) those promises.

Sometimes to get to the bottom of what we are feeling and finding the truth, we have to be willing to bare it all at His feet, and ask to see the truth from His perspective. Then once we have His truth, we must be diligent to hang onto that truth. So write it down somehow, so when the lies from the enemy come to try to steal the truth from you, you can look back at what God showed you and meditate on His truth, that will drive the lies away. Resist the devil and he has to flee (James 4:7). Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

Until we can see and accept the truth, we cannot see or hear what the Spirit is saying through the Word. Get to know God through His Word. Hear His voice in what He has already said, and then you will be able to hear Him speak to you in other areas, because you have learned to distinguish His Character and How He speaks in His Word, from the lies of the enemy.

Learn to also discern the tricks that the enemy will try to use to trip you up. Know your enemy. Know that it is the devil who is the one out to steal, kill and destroy all the good things that God has planned for you, and has already given you, not God trying to keep anything from you.

May God richly Bless you all with grace, peace and His wisdom.
Blessings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back