Does He hear me?

Does He hear me?

I've been praying a lot about a relationship. The guy believes he was supposed to break up with me and I got a sign to hold on, but that was a long time ago. I'm not sure what God wants for us.

I've been praying and praying for signs and answers. I am falling apart slowly and trying to not lose hope, but does He even hear me? Is there something I am not doing? Sometimes when I pray lately, I wonder if my voice is heard. I need His guidance so much.

does He even hear me? Is there something I am not doing? Sometimes when I pray lately, I wonder if my voice is heard. I need His guidance so much.

God hears, and answers all prayer.
Just remember James 4:3

Often, Gods answer is not exactly what we expected...... it is better!! :)

Once there were three trees on a hill in the woods. They were discussing their hopes and dreams when the first tree said, "Someday I hope to be a treasure chest. I could be filled with gold, silver and precious gems. I could be decorated with intricate carving and everyone would see the beauty."
The second tree said, "Someday I will be a mighty ship. I will take kings and queens across the waters and sail to the corners of the world. Everyone will feel safe in me because of the strength of my hull."
The third tree said, "I want to grow to be the tallest and straightest tree in the forest. People will see me on top of the hill and look up to
my branches, and think of the heavens and God and how close to them I am reaching. I will be the greatest tree of all time and people will always remember me."
After a few years of praying that their dreams would come true, a group of woodsmen came upon the trees.
When one came to the first tree he said, "This looks like a strong tree, I think I should be able to sell the wood to a carpenter," and he began cutting it down. The tree was happy, because he knew that the carpenter would make him into a treasure chest.
At the second tree the woodsman said, "This looks like a strong tree, I should be able to sell it to the shipyard." The second tree was happy because he knew he was on his way to becoming a mighty ship.
When the woodsmen came upon the third tree, the tree was frightened because he knew that if they cut him down his dreams would not come true.
One of the woodsmen said, "I don't need anything special from my tree, so I'll take this one", and he cut it down.
When the first tree arrived at the carpenter's, he was made into a feed box for animals. He was then placed in a barn and filled with hay. This was not at all what he had prayed for.
The second tree was cut and made into a small fishing boat. His dreams of being a mighty ship and carrying kings had come to an end.
The third tree was cut into large pieces and left alone in the dark.
The years went by, and the trees forgot about their dreams. Then one day, a man and woman came to the barn. She gave birth and they placed the baby in the hay in the feed box that was made from the first tree. The man wished that he could have made a crib for the baby, but this manger would have to do.
The tree could feel the importance of this event and knew that it had held the greatest treasure of all time.
Years later, a group of men got in the fishing boat made from the second tree. One of them was tired and went to sleep. While they were out on the water, a great storm arose and the tree didn't think it was strong enough to keep the men safe. The men woke the sleeping man, and He stood and said "Peace" and the storm stopped.
At this time, the tree knew that it had carried the King of Kings in its boat.
Finally, someone came and got the third tree. It was carried through the streets as the people mocked the man who was carrying it. When they came to a stop, the man was nailed to the tree and raised in the air to die at the top of a hill.
When Sunday came, the tree came to realize that it was strong enough to stand at the top of the hill and be as close to God as was possible, because Jesus had been crucified on it.
The moral of this story is that when things do not seem to be going your way, always know that God has a plan for you. If you place your trust in Him, He will give you great gifts.
Each of the trees got what they wanted, but not in the way they had imagined.
We do not always know what God's plans are for us. We just know that His ways are not our ways, but His ways are always best.
May God bless you, this day... and every day...

I've been praying a lot about a relationship. The guy believes he was supposed to break up with me and I got a sign to hold on, but that was a long time ago. I'm not sure what God wants for us.

I've been praying and praying for signs and answers. I am falling apart slowly and trying to not lose hope, but does He even hear me? Is there something I am not doing? Sometimes when I pray lately, I wonder if my voice is heard. I need His guidance so much.

Leap of Faith, I know what it's like to pray and not hear an answer. Most of us do. But, that is what faith is: Believing it anyway, and waiting for the answer. But, I've learned to leave it at His feet and continue on also. It's called surrendering everything. Your husband, friend, family, whatever it is your praying about. You have to let go of it and put it in God's care. And that is also such a big . . . well, "leap of faith."

Sometimes our trying and trying to work things out continues on even after we have prayed. It gets in the way of God trying to work in that area. If you are anticipating it to work out in a certain way, then God knows you will not accept, or understand His will for you. You may miss something He is trying to tell you. It will just go right past you, and you won't get it.

However, if we pray and then leave it at His feet, really leave it at His feet and carry on with our lives, our minds will be focused on learning more, studying the Word and watching and listening for God to speak. We are like little children sometimes and we want what we want right now. Even when we get older, it still seems like we want things to happen immediately, and the way we have anticipated. There's an Old Hymn I heard at church called Let Go and Let God Have His Wonderful Way.

Like someone said, God's ways are so much better than our ways. I know how hard it is to swallow, but it's the way God works best. And you want the very best, don't you? I know you do, even if right now you can't see what it would be like if you were without him. I hope you can understand what I said and will be willing to surrender it all to Him. I'll also say a prayer for you. Hugz, Bonnie

Leap -

God hears you, but you must have patience. God does things in His time not ours.

He knows the right time to do something and He knows if He rushes something it might not turn out that good.

And sometimes He answers our prayers in very strange ways. You sometimes don't even notice until later.

If you continue praying and having faith and patience I will assure you that you will receive what you wish.

Love,

NTG

My sister God hears our every cry. Like Elijah who sought God's voice it was not found in the thunder, it was not found in the shaking of the earth or any other sign; it was found in a still samll voice whispering to the man of God.
God speaks to our inner man. We will not hear his voice with our soul (mind, will, intellect, emotions) but instead speak to our spirit. That is the gut feeling you get that something is right or something is wrong. If I asked you right now if it was okay to take a gun and shoot someone you would not have to think about it as deep down your would already know the answer in your spirit. I have a feeling that God has been whipering in that still small voice for some time. You simply need to be still and listen. He imparts revelation to our inner man by His Spirit, it is up to us to listen.
And please remember if God is speaking something that you do not wish to here He is still God and is wiser than we could ever hope to be. He has only your best interest in mind and is ever working to bring you to a place of blessing,
Sometimes I reckon life to watching a parade. We see one float at a time, God could be reckoned to a helicopter pilot who sees the whole parade at once. He knows the beggining, He knows what you are seeing and He knows the end. He has plans for you that may or may not include that which you so desperately seek but in the end His plan is much better ours. His plan includes peace, joy and fulfillment for you that you will find no where else.

I don't remember who posted this but someone posted this a long time ago here on CFS and I kept it as it is great information.

PRAYER

I THES 5:17 "Pray without ceasing" We should pray to God continually. Our failures are because of the lack of prayer.

1. PRAYER OF HAGAR: (GEN 21:16)
Hagar did not pray to God but she cried aloud. Sometimes when we are filled with worries, we cannot pray to God but instead we will weep. Similarly, Hagar was caught up in a situation in which she could not even pray. When we weep in God's Presence, He wiil answer us immediatly. This is the prayer of tears. Our tears will bring the answer from the heaven.

2. PRAYER OF JACOB: (GEN 32:26, 28)
Jacob did not receive his blessings just like that but he struggled hard. The result for his struggle was victory. Similarly, when we pray in the same manner, He will bless us abundantly. We should struggle hard in prayer to receive His blesssings.

3. PRAYER OF JABEZ: ( I CHR 4:10)
Jabez did not weep like Hagar or struggle like Jacob. He just made a casual prayer. It was like a casual talk to his friend. God immediately responded to his prayer. Our prayer should be Jabez's.

4. PRAYER OF ESTER: (EST 4:16)
Esther made a tough prayer. She fasted day and night and prayed. Sometimes God expects a prayer like this. We should pray with fasting. Because of Esther's prayer the whole nation was saved.

5. PRAYER OF DANIEL: (DAN 6:10, 23)
Daniel kneeled and prayed even after knowing that the writing was signed by the king. The document was signed and everything was over but still he prayed. We should have this spirit even in the hopeless situation. We should keep on praying, God will respond our prayers by changing everything.

God answers every prayer we make..
Be it a yes,no,or wait..It still IS an answer..Just because the answer is not what we expected,or want to acknowledge,it doesn't disqualify it.Look at it this way,at least the Lord never gives ambiguous answers like 'maybe'.He gives definite answers,and it's up to us to follow and abide in Him.Learn to wait upon the Lord,and everything turn out fine. :)

I'll keep you in my prayers dear sister. :)

I will do more that pray for you, I will give you some truth to think about.
Its not that God does not hear your prayers, the problem is we as humans find it hard to hear God ! If we stop and look at it in truth the answers will come. We as humans tend to drag God down to our level of understandings, we should not drag God down to our level, we should rise to His level.

To use a simple term, God is like a radio station, we are the radios. We have to tun into Gods Station, to do this we need to tune out of the human stuff we like so much. You will not get a clear signal from God, not a mixed signal of both human ways and Spiritual ways, the human side of things is far stronger, because we as humans use it so much. We have to work hard at tuning out of the human ways and fine tune into God...

Why is it no one has a propblem when we say i pray to God, praying is talking to God. But when one says i hear God speak back to me we all have funny looks on our faces or we just go into quite mode, maybe he will go or something like that.

If we can talk to God (Pray), God can talk to us. We just have to have faith, real faith trusting in the unseen things of God, the things we can't explain, but in faith we just except.

The Holy Spirit was sent here to remind us all, everthing Jesus said and did, all He did we can do. If we don't learn how to hear the Holy Spirit talking, then how can you be saved. Jesus said we can be saved and He said the Holy Spirit is here to help us achieve that very end.

We should not be worried about God hearing our words, we should be looking at ourselves, and seeking why we don't hear His....

Put the problem in order to find the answer or we could be looking under the wrong rug for to long.

Hope this helps

L o Faith,
Life is what happens while we are wasting time obcessing over it. You have probably already gotten your answer, but can't or won't accept it.

Let this guy go. If he does not return it was not to be.
If he returns, then you will know it is right.

Don't miss what is now for worry over what will be or what might have been.
Praying is good and right. But if we never step out in faith we can never expect the answer.

In all things praise Him. . .
Cliff

LOF, your question strikes at the heart of the issue of why many people don't pray. I wonder if you find it as frustrating as I that prayer seems to be a one way communication? The fact is that God doesn't talk to 99% of us in a way that is clear and unmistakable. Is it because he doesn't want to talk to us or because he doesn't exist, as some would conclude? Absolutely not. I believe that it is a matter of principles. God has given us the Principles to live by in Scripture and that is his voice for us in nearly all situations. What exactly are these principles of life that we live by, as outlined in Scripture? Well, you heard some of them above. God has a plan and we are a part of it. Sometimes God places obstacles in our way to steer us in the direction he wants us to go. But most of all there are things that happen and things we have to deal with in this natural world apart from the miraculous. The sun shines, Jesus tells us, on the good and the bad. Isn't it true that we tend to pray passionately for things that we are passionately attached to, but continue making choices and decisions for those things that we don't attach an emotional value to? A partner is one of those things that we are emotionally attached to that we would like God to get involved in so we can have the perfect partner. However, watching a particular program on TV is not something we normally pray about. If we want to watch the Price is Right, we just turn on the TV and watch it. I have never heard of any one praying for hours to hear from God if it is alright to watch the Price is Right. We simply watch it because it is one of those activities in life that adheres to our principled way of living. If you want to go hiking in the woods, do you spend the night before praying about whether you should or shouldn't, after you bought your hiking boots without praying about it? Don't you think that a Boyfriend or girlfriend relationship is pretty much the same? The principles we live by are wisdom, good judgements, common sense. But because these are emotionally charged attractions, we pray for God to make something we want happen, even if common sense dictates otherwise. What we should pray for and then read the Bible about and discuss with others is the wisdom of taking a particular course of action. What is it that makes relationships so difficult to deal with? Is it the personalities involved? Or is it the circumstances? Or maybe it is the likes, dislikes, desires we each have? In any case, as previously mentioned by others, we just need to live life consistent with the responsibilities we have been entrusted. We make choices guided by the wisdom and understanding we have derived from the Bible and our Christian lives. Isn't that in effect what the answer to our prayers is? Someone who never reads the Bible never hears God's voice. But we hear it because we live by it. For example, God says don't be unequally yoked. But we ignore that because we want what we shouldn't have. Don't we often find ourselves praying for something we shouldn't have although we know we shouldn't have it? But isn't it true that what we want is for God to make an exception and make it happen, just for us? So you see, the issue, at least in my mind, isn't prayer. The solution to many of our problems is applying Bible wisdom to our everyday issues. Paul told us to pray without ceasing, but does that mean we divorce ourselves from the real world and stop making principled decisions? In my opinion, you should anlalyse your situation in the light of the real world we live in, weigh the pros and cons, and then make an informed and Biblically sound decision. Then you pray, thank you Lord Jesus for your Word, your Wisdom, and your Guidance through Scripture and the Christian Base you have given us. That is also an important reason why we shouldn't forsake the assembling of ourselves together.

The best way I have found to achieve a prosperous relationship with God thru prayer is this

After I confess to God what I desire, (not always a good Christian desire, but my honest feelings) I continue my discourse with:

an apology if my desires and thoughts are imperfect
an admission if I'm not sure what I want is right or wrong
a request to help me submit to God's will - even if it is in contrast to mine an acknowledgment that God's plan will be the best - even if it is opposite of what I desire
a final request for clarity so my actions will not be counter to God's plan

And, (the hardest part)trusting God has already answered my prayers in the very best possible why and all I have to do is wait to see what He has done for me!

God is listening and taking acting. If God wants this relationship to work, then wait for God to do what needs to be done to make it so. If you try to control the outcome because you think/know God wants it, you'll end up causing a mess like Sarah Genesis 16:1-6

lol ginger!! I go through the same steps when I desire something hehe. then I end up no longer wanting it because I realize it's not the best thing for me.

I identify with much of what you say, also Ramsey. :)

It's funny how we can desire things that are not good for us. Pray for God to help us thru these struggles and still want what we shouldn't have.

But in the end, we overcome, because deep down we want to do what is right in God's eyes. This past year has been full of struggles for me. I've had to fight hard at times.

I even talked to God about how unfair some things were. But always ended with an acknowledgment that God's will is perfect and with His help I would submit. (I'm not strong enough to do it on my own)

Ginger

I want to thank everyone for the amazing replies. I am just being impatient and I have faith the Lord will do what is right for both of us. No matter what I think, He knows all. And truly I should be thanking the Lord, for this man with me or not, is still there for me nearly everyday. We are still great friends. Thank you Father.

Back