Don't know whether to be patient or persistent

... I feel like I'm trying to do a lot at once.

For one, trying to Hear God's voice (His word says His sheep hear his voice..but I can't hear anything) but I know I'm his sheep because He always
gets me back in line when I stray away.

And then changing, bearing fruit... bc I want to change.

I'm so eager to do these 2 things but sometimes I wonder if these just take some time to do... like time to hear his voice and bear fruit.

-------------------------------------------------

I want to hear his voice because...I need guidance in my life.

I'm looking for work but I'm getting interviews that end up in dead ends...

also I have to get my clinical hours in for my school.... but everything is so hectic with taking my mom to work

and driving everyone around ect...

I just need his guidance because I know I cant do it on my own...but if I don't have direction I can only do the best I can with what I have.

I just look at the fruits of the spirit (when reading) and I'm so eager to change but ,... I feel I can't do anything...only God can...so if I tried to do it myself..
id be under the law...
So do I have to wait for God to move on the word in me for me to bear fruit?

Also I'm trying to volunteer in church and try to serve God.... but with limited transportation and people to shuttle in different places

Do I need to be patient or persistent concerning these things? I just feel confused... I feel stuck... and I don't feel like I'm going anywhere.

I just feel lost and in the dark...
Goes isn't talking to me.
I desire to do good.

It just makes me want to give up because God doesn't talk to me like everyone else and I don't know why.

I want and need direction for my life.

It just feels so
... Pointless for me.

It feels like my life will always be the same.

Just stuck in a box. Physically and mentally.

I'm so tired of this.

All the things that you are talking bout takes time. Kind of like learning how to walk or run... it's one step at a time ... but be assured that God has got this for you. He's got His Holy Spirit in you and you have been baptized in the spirit.. so just take it one moment at a time. One day at a time.. and begin to just develop a relationship with God. Talk to Him all the time and then listen after you ask Him a question. He's there I promise... and with you all the time. Take time to sing to Him while your driving, pray in the spirit while your driving and just allow Him to show you how much He loves you. And dont forget to take a little time each day to spend time in His Word. Read a chapter a day.. :) and just let Him love on you.

For there is nothing you can do to make Him take His love away from you and without His help.. you can't achieve the growth you desire. He will also help you with all your timing issues and clinical stuff also. All He needs and wants is to be asked and you to give Him authority.. for He will never force Himself on you, or force you to ask or receive His help

All the things that you are talking bout takes time. Kind of like learning how to walk or run... it's one step at a time ... but be assured that God has got this for you. He's got His Holy Spirit in you and you have been baptized in the spirit.. so just take it one moment at a time. One day at a time.. and begin to just develop a relationship with God. Talk to Him all the time and then listen after you ask Him a question. He's there I promise... and with you all the time. Take time to sing to Him while your driving, pray in the spirit while your driving and just allow Him to show you how much He loves you. And dont forget to take a little time each day to spend time in His Word. Read a chapter a day.. :) and just let Him love on you.

For there is nothing you can do to make Him take His love away from you and without His help.. you can't achieve the growth you desire. He will also help you with all your timing issues and clinical stuff also. All He needs and wants is to be asked and you to give Him authority.. for He will never force Himself on you, or force you to ask or receive His help

Okay .. I believe you.

autumn oddity ,
Hi Sis,
Listen, learning to "Hear" His Voice is a process. What I mean is, if you don't have His Word rooted in you then you won't even be able to truly Distinguish if it's truly God or your enemy imitating God.

What helps is reading and speaking All Scripture that says you hear His Voice many times each and every day.

Make time to Spend time with Him in His Word and start by praying those scriptures you found and tell Him you are going to learn to Hear and Understand His Voice.

Then read to just be reading. Meaning reading with the purpose of getting to know Him. How He thinks, and how He has Spoken Already in His Word.

Don't force yourself to try and hear. Don't get discouraged if you don't feel you heard anything. Just Spend time getting to know who He is and how He Thinks.

You will begin to Recognise His Voice .
You WILL BEGIN TO RECOGNIZE HIS VOICE.

Be Confident and STAY RELAXED. It will happen.

Blessings
FCJ

Its both autumn.
It takes time to read the Bible.
It takes time for the Word to sink in.
It takes persistence too, to read a chapter or so everyday and to meditate on what you have read.

By meditating, meaning, thinking about it, maybe writing it down, saying it out loud, studying it.

I recommend the book of Proverbs, what has been helpful is dividing into small chunks, like you can read 1 chapter a day for a month. Or you can read a verses a day for an entire year.

When I was starting out on my faith journey Proverbs 1:7 spoke to me. THe fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

This Book in the Bible was written by King Solomon who asked God for wisdom. HE wrote all this down to teach his son and to remind himself, of the way God wanted him to live. King Solomon did not always heed Gods words, but when he did he prospered. If you never had anyone teach you or instruct you, especally in morals and virtues and as you put it guidance on how to be good, then this book is GOLD.

As cturle says, step by step.

For example. You ask at church if they would like volunteers/help with anything. Maybe there is already someone there doing something, it can be something as simple as greeting people at the door, or making a cup of tea, but they also need a helper as its more fun with two. Well you can be the second person. So you dont need to do on your own.

Or maybe, thinking about sunday school. Start easy! Probably sounds daft, but, maybe they need help there just spend time with the children colouring in. You can show them how to colour and draw pictures, while thinking of Gods word. Be creative.

Good morning, Autumn. I was praying for you this morning while driving into work. All will be well and fine with you as you make your transformation journey in becoming more like Christ. Every christian will walk in transformation until the day we die. We should always be changing and growing and the fact that you have the desire and intent... means you are on your way. Don't give up and let the enemy distract you with his negative thoughts.

As I started to read the bible more my mind began to transform. As I sought after God my entire spirit began to transform. I am still a work in progress as all people are. Keep pressing in and do not listen to the enemy and what he whispers in your ear. He is a liar and the great deceiver. God has so much for you so keep pressing in.

Take care and stay in contact so we can walk with you in your journey of transformation. It's very exciting and you do not have to walk alone.

Do I need to be patient or persistent concerning these things? I just feel confused... I feel stuck... and I don't feel like I'm going anywhere.

I sure can relate. Yes, we need to be persistently patient or patiently persistent. God's timing is not always ours..in fact, it seldom is the same as ours. The key is to keep right on trusting Him to be doing the best thing no matter how things appear or how long we have to wait. Sometimes the circumstances won't change the way we want them because God is doing something for us, in us, and to us, we can't quite figure out at the time it is happening. Reading the Psalms daily does help me and provides not only guidance but much comfort and encouragement along the way. David. who wrote them. did get very discouraged but he never gave up in his trust of the Lord, e.g. Psalm 23.

Blessings and prayers... :)

Changes take time. My employment career came to an end with the economic downturn in 2009. I looked for a job ad calling people and companies that knew me for months, stretching to over a year and a half until health issues made it clear that I was retired. It took another 18 months to work thru my iillness and recover to return to activities.

The Lord had more for me than continuing to work.

The point is that you can't know what He has planned, but it will be out of His love for you. And you can't set the timetable.

During that time the Lord taught me to trust Him, even when dealing with potentialy life ending problems.

Learn to not let anxiety rob you of quiet assurance.

I just feel lost and in the dark...
Goes isn't talking to me.
I desire to do good.

It just makes me want to give up because God doesn't talk to me like everyone else and I don't know why.

I want and need direction for my life.

It just feels so
... Pointless for me.

It feels like my life will always be the same.

Just stuck in a box. Physically and mentally.

I'm so tired of this.
99.9 % of Christians do not hear from God like Moses did. Most of us will never have Him speak to us in a dream either.
God speaks to us in strange, mysterious ways. Sometimes through other people; He may deliver a message through a friend or stranger. He has spoken to me through giving me urges to do something I wouldn't normally want to do. I think He speaks often through overwhelming feelings meant to cause us to take action on something. The more you are in the Bible and around other believers the more you will get these.

A big thing on Bible study: study it like you are preparing to teach a teenager Sunday School class. You need a subject to interest them, and you. What life lessons should they (or you) learn from this? What question might they ask you about it. What questions should you ask them? You are interested in hearing from God, right? Then study and make a lesson on that subject. You will need to check out Moses, Daniel, Saul who becomes Paul, Mary mother of Jesus, and others.

And persistence is good.

99.9 % of Christians do not hear from God like Moses did. Most of us will never have Him speak to us in a dream either.
God speaks to us in strange, mysterious ways.

That's not true nor Scriptural.
God is Always Speaking but it is us who are not always listening or have our minds and hearts to cluttered with noise to hear.

It is God's Will that we all hear and are Spirit led.

That's not true nor Scriptural.
God is Always Speaking but it is us who are not always listening or have our minds and hearts to cluttered with noise to hear.

It is God's Will that we all hear and are Spirit led.
I totally agree.
Just one question. What does God's voice sound like to you? Deep baritone? Is it like James Earl Jones or what?

I totally agree.
Just one question. What does God's voice sound like to you? Deep baritone? Is it like James Earl Jones or what?
No man its Like Thee Voice of Thee Most High God the Creator of The universe.
Well you asked it like that......ROTFL

Seriously it's not an Audible Voice. It's comes from within your Spirit - fact I would say once you have Trained yourself to be sensitive unto His voice - It's Louder then an Audible Voice.

Many times you will hear it in several ways at once. It at times can sound loud and clear like an audible voice but no one else hears it and at the same time The Holy Spirit is Explaining what's being said.

God is Speaking. ....it's people who can't hear for a variety of reasons.
Blessings

Samuel at first thought God sounded like his dad. God called him by name and Samuel rushed to his dad in the middle of the night and kepted asking him if hed called him. No son, go to sleep I didnt call you. He did this about three times until he realised the voice was God.

Well God is my Father and he does talk to me like..a dad. But not like my own dad who often says a lot of nonsense (bless him) but a Father who cares about his daughter. I dont hear him audibly often because that would be scaring everyone else around me He speaks to me in my spirit. He once spoke to me out loud in the bathroom. But anyway...
Hes given me his word in the Bible so how can I can describe all what He says. But because I read the Bible God often just gives me scripture references, so will ask him something, and the holy spirit will give me a reference to look up in the Bible. He likes it when I seek Him out this way.

Hes always thinking of me and his thoughts towards me are good not evil. You know how sometimes you are thinking. And then a thought comes to you that isnt your own, say its something like 'brush your teeth' and it sounds like something your mum would say. Nobody else hears this except for you. But your mum isnt actually there speaking to you. Its kind of like that.

I reckon I have a hearing problem at times because of all the noise. But you just need to train yourself to listen and ignore the competing voices. For example, right now dads got the radio on blaring some sports commentary in his room. Im not listening to that though Im concentrating on writing this post to you in my room. Its like that the more you focus on Him the more you can hear Him. Mary did not help martha do the dishes when Jesus came to visit their house. She instesd sat with Jesus at his feet listening to what He had to say. Sometimes you need to make the effort to remove distractions. Go to a quiet place and be still. Focus you thoughts on Him.

Back