Dreams

Good day all.

I have been having very weird dreams for the past 2 years.

I dream a lot about water and fishes, but for now, I had a dream about my son the other night that I found disturbing.

I dreamed our power was off and I was sitting in the lounge with my husband, and heard all these noises from my sons room. I went into his room and found that he has moved his whole room. I was asking him what he was doing but couldn't hear what he was saying, so I sat down on his bed. While I was sitting on his bed, I felt someone touching my lower back, but with each touch I can feel pain and sorrow with that touch, next moment I found myself like being sucked into the bed and the pain and sorrow is so overwhelming. My son was standing at the top of my head. I was looking up at him and asking him to help me up as I couldn't get up but he just stood there staring at me. I moaned myself awake because of the pain and sorrow I felt.

Can someone please help me. I have asked the Lord to help.

Good day all.

I dream a lot about water and fishes, but for now, I had a dream about my son the other night that I found disturbing.

I dreamed our power was off and I was sitting in the lounge with my husband, and heard all these noises from my sons room. I went into his room and found that he has moved his whole room. I was asking him what he was doing but couldn't hear what he was saying, so I sat down on his bed. While I was sitting on his bed, I felt someone touching my lower back, but with each touch I can feel pain and sorrow with that touch, next moment I found myself like being sucked into the bed and the pain and sorrow is so overwhelming. My son was standing at the top of my head. I was looking up at him and asking him to help me up as I couldn't get up but he just stood there staring at me. I moaned myself awake because of the pain and sorrow I felt.

I can but you probably wont like it.

Dreams actually do not mean anything. They are your mind playing tricks on you. You may be asleep but your brain does not turn off.

Our brains are like computers and once in awhile they have to reboot. That is caused by the foods we eat, the movies we watch and even the medication we take.

Dreams are not a way to tell the future or a message from God..........IMHO. Yes, God did do that in days past but in these days He has spoken to us through His dear Son the Lord Jesus Christ and we should listen to Him.

But that is just my 2 cents worth and you are free to reject it !

I would like to comment.
First off I would like to say that I do not have the gift of interpretation, but that I understand there is more to dreaming than a mental workup. Of course most of the time our dreams don't mean any more than regular occurrences in our daily living but for sure everything has a purpose for scripture says the footsteps of the righteous are ordered and all things work together for the good (for the Christian). It also tells us that in the last days the young men will see visions and the old will dream dreams (I don't think this to be gender specific). My mother in law - a solid Christian - was a dreamer.
For example she often knew the gender of her grandchildren before they were born and would start making preparations accordingly., in one case she even knew the name. When he was born he was named differently but my mother in law kept quiet and shortly after they changed it to what she had dreamt.
We are spiritual being and we don't operate in a vacuum. Consider someone who is possessed, they act out according to the nature of the spirit. Now that activity doesn't cease when we go to sleep. God is the same yesterday today and forever what He did in days past He will still do today. Again, I am not going to offer an interpretation but I think you are doing the right thing by committing it to the Lord. Make sure your life lines up with the Word and He is more than able to reveal to you what He wants you to know.

I would like to comment.
First off I would like to say that I do not have the gift of interpretation, but that I understand there is more to dreaming than a mental workup. Of course most of the time our dreams don't mean any more than regular occurrences in our daily living but for sure everything has a purpose for scripture says the footsteps of the righteous are ordered and all things work together for the good (for the Christian). It also tells us that in the last days the young men will see visions and the old will dream dreams (I don't think this to be gender specific). My mother in law - a solid Christian - was a dreamer.
For example she often knew the gender of her grandchildren before they were born and would start making preparations accordingly., in one case she even knew the name. When he was born he was named differently but my mother in law kept quiet and shortly after they changed it to what she had dreamt.
We are spiritual being and we don't operate in a vacuum. Consider someone who is possessed, they act out according to the nature of the spirit. Now that activity doesn't cease when we go to sleep. God is the same yesterday today and forever what He did in days past He will still do today. Again, I am not going to offer an interpretation but I think you are doing the right thing by committing it to the Lord. Make sure your life lines up with the Word and He is more than able to reveal to you what He wants you to know.

Bro......this is a little of the spirit of the thread, but only for conversational purposes....do you think Demonic possession could be mental illness that is not diagnosed?

Now, the idea that God speak to us today in dreams because He did 2 or 4 thousand years ago really does not hold water.

Hebrews 1:1-2: .........
"In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.”

Just my thinking saying to me that what God did before, He is not doing today.

Remember, God saved man with a Boat 5 thousand years ago, today He save through Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Hello Stel;

If God is using dreams to give us revelations in these times, such as your dream, then He would make very clear His communication to us all as believers.

I believe dreams are releasing those subconscious thoughts, be it stress, anxiousness, disorganization, sadness and happiness in your life, your relationships with people, your job, etc...and dreams aren't the same with every person, therefore their dreams can go into all sorts of unusual directions.

I've been dreaming all my life and every night they always go in many directions from one dream to the next. I have dreamt many times that I'm leading the praise team at church but the band is never organized before the service starts. Then my dream will go to playing a baseball game with no outcome of the score.

When I was growing up I played a lot of baseball and my first ministry I served as a praise musician. In both I have good memories, praise God!

When I wake up I don't remember the details and can't even remember what I dreamt about from last night. But I do feel refreshed, or at times I feel sluggish from a long day or week.

Many people will hire a doctor to help analyze their dreams. I noticed that men and women who have shared their dream with me don't even bring it up a week or two later.

I prefer instead to share my dreams with God in my prayer time and I hope you'll do the same, sister.

God bless you, Stel, your husband, sons and your family.

Hello Stel;

If God is using dreams to give us revelations in these times, such as your dream, then He would make very clear His communication to us all as believers.

I believe dreams are releasing those subconscious thoughts, be it stress, anxiousness, disorganization, sadness and happiness in your life, your relationships with people, your job, etc...and dreams aren't the same for every person, therefore their dreams can go into all sorts of unusual directions.

I've been dreaming all my life and every night they always go in many directions from one dream to the next. I have dreamt many times that I'm leading the praise team at church but the band is never organized before the service starts. Then my dream will go to playing a baseball game with no outcome of the score.

When I was growing up I played a lot of baseball and my first ministry I served as a praise musician. In both I have good memories, praise God!

When I wake up I don't remember the details and can't even remember what I dreamt about from last night. But I do feel refreshed, or at times I feel sluggish from a long day or week.

Many people will hire a doctor to help analyze their dreams. I noticed that men and women who have shared their dream with me don't even bring it up a week or two later.

I prefer instead to share my dreams with God in my prayer time and I hope you'll do the same, sister.

God bless you, Stel, your husband, sons and your family.

Me as well. I have the most vivid dreams. Many times my wife wakes me because I was talking or yelling.

Problem is that within a minute or two I dont remember a single thing.

Me as well. I have the most vivid dreams. Many times my wife wakes me because I was talking or yelling.

Problem is that within a minute or two I dont remember a single thing.

Yes, Major, me too. I forgot that in some of my dreams my wife would wake me because I was trying to yell but couldn't open my mouth. She would ask, "why were you trying to yell? I would tell her that in my dream she was trying to wake me up!" 😎 lol!

Hello Major
In regard to illnesses.
When Jesus was dealing with illnesses he would address the demon.
I think a computer program might be a reasonable analogy.
God writes a life program and it works flawlessly in the cell until it is corrupted. We see the results and we may even be able to manipulate the variables but where did the corruption come from?
IMO

Good day all.

Hi Stel
I believe that the verse that tells us some will have dreams
Sometimes it can be an answer to a question we have asked God sometimes it can be a warning. But sometimes it can be just a dream. You have to test them out with the word of God.

Our subconscious doesn't stop working when we are asleep. Our fears, desires etc are sometimes the cause if our dreams.

God Bless you sister and keep you.

Hello Major
In regard to illnesses.
When Jesus was dealing with illnesses he would address the demon.
I think a computer program might be a reasonable analogy.
God writes a life program and it works flawlessly in the cell until it is corrupted. We see the results and we may even be able to manipulate the variables but where did the corruption come from?
IMO

ADAM!

Now, all who Jesus healed did not have a demon possession. Although there are several examples of demon possession in the Bible, the Scripture does not attribute all illness to demons.

Last edited:
Good day all.

Wow, thats heavy stuff drama. No wonder your worried.

The bible tells us not to worry. Easy said than done...(at least for me).
And since your daily stress will involve kids and parenting, pleasing a husband, and a myriad of other things like being good enough in Gods eyes, and generally just trying to navigate the whole of life in a sinful world without falling apart, no wonder the deeper part of us has to have its say with sometimes crazy imagery. All of Gods creation is good.

For me, dreams do actually help me, believe it or not, to get in touch with buried feelings and states of minds that i may not be in touch with on a particular issue, probably because I am struggling to accept something or, because there's just too much is going on in my life to contend with. So I have a tendency to bury them, because I dont know quite what to deal with first.

Anyway, down to the nitty gritty.....what I first do is this;-

I go back and access the feeling state or state of mind I was in PRIOR to all the drama happening.... either before bedtime (which is sometimes not possible because of distractions one way or another) or, which is much easier for me; just before as the drama began in the dream( which for you would be after the power went out and you were sat with your husband.

I find my dreams make more sense when I hit the issue head on and access the state I was in first.. Then work from there.

Last night I dreamt I was in a field. You was in a your room.

forget about the content, or the drama, get to the STATE.

I felt a sense of nostalgia, because it was a field I knew from childhood. ( notice how I connected the field with the past)
But I also felt distracted there was so much going on in said field ( The now) and couldn't concentrate on one thing at a time.
I also sensed I used to only go there for something to do.....BOOM, there's the States. for me there were 3 states. I keep listing them all until I have exhausted all avenues, then sit with them. God then Will Help me with the correct scripture, and He did so this today.

Proverbs 29:18​

King James Version​

18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.​

That Hit me so hard I was overjoyed. It was exactly what I needed. I needed a vision to be working toward(The future)

Now It can take some time to access the STATES that where present,, but once I have them I am on a roll...I now have my perfect scripture God brought to mind.

Blessings. I will be praying for you. Keep us informed.

Thats an interesting dream Stel

Yesterday my dad dreamt he left his car in the driveway unlocked and someone drove it away. I think maybe the dream was he was worrying about losing his car!

Your dream seems to be like one of those things - you worrying about your son? That he doesn't know what to do to help you or he might move away.

Anyway we'll just pray for interpretation. If anything the dream will just be a reminder that you care about your son very much.

I don't dream much anymore. I used to do it all the time and even write them down but I found that now my relationship with God is much stronger I don't worry about things so much and hence have less dreams, or I don't remember them.

Instead I get inspiration but this can happen any time not just at night when I'm asleep. Because I make a habit to tell all my worries to God. Then He can do the worrying for me lol.

I have lots of dreams. I do believe most dreams are just dreams, but I have had lots of dreams all my life that actually came true! Reoccurring dreams I've had at like 10 years old are coming to past today/now. Every major thing that happens in my life, I've had at least 1 dream about in the past. A few weeks ago I had dreamed about a dog not on a leash with no owner around. It came near me but didn't seem to see me and didn't bother me. Then the other night I parked my car and a coyote was near by but didn't see me and I didn't see him at first. I quickly got into the house. I've had lots of dreams like that of things that actually happened. So God can speak to us through dreams. And not just dreams either. One time I was getting ready for work and the strangest feeling came over me that I can't explain, it was a weird heavy feeling like I was going to pass out. I said I'll go ahead and still make it to work because we were doing a shift bid and I wanted to get the best shift possible. As soon as I had said I'll still go in, the feeling got stronger and felt almost like a panic attack of some sort. So I said I better stay home, and the feeling immediately lifted like a light switch. A few minutes later I was like okay I feel better now, I'll go ahead and head to work, and the feeling came over me very strongly again like a light switch. I just knew and felt like if I leave out that door like I would pass out or something. So I decided to stay home and figure out what this was that was happening. So I called off and stayed home and the feeling never came back. Well later on that day I was watching the news, and right there on the corner of where I would have been waiting for the bus (I didn't have a car at that time), some drug addict or homeless person robbed and shot and killed a man that was opening his store at that time! It happened at like 10 minutes after I would have gotten there! So I would have been there first if I had gone to work and I would have been the victim! I said thank you Jesus for protecting me!
There are lots of dreams about places and events that I had dreams about before it happened. People's faces I've seen in dreams before meeting them for the first time. Every dream I remember, I write it down and keep track, that's how I know. I'll be like wait a minute, I dreamed about this and will check my dream book, and there it will be. God does speak through dreams. Some dreams I will think was just a dream, like the one about the dog, till it comes to pass then I'll realize that dream meant something. But I never know for sure which dreams mean something till they happen then I'll be like I dreamed about that. But some dreams I can just tell they have a meaning but some dreams I won't know till after it happens. The reoccurring dreams are always dreams from God for me though. I've never had a reoccurring dream that didn't come to pass.

I don't dream much anymore. I used to do it all the time and even write them down but I found that now my relationship with God is much stronger I don't worry about things so much and hence have less dreams, or I don't remember them.

Instead I get inspiration but this can happen any time not just at night when I'm asleep. Because I make a habit to tell all my worries to God. Then He can do the worrying for me lol.
Yes I Have periods where I don't dream. Most of my dream dramas that are vivid enough to remember are usually the result of me being far from God. Once Hes back in my life I dream less and sleep better. When He Finally reaches me in the dream state when I wake up and find a matching scripture, its is enough for me to pull my socks up so to speak and get back on track. ouch..

I have lots of dreams. I do believe most dreams are just dreams, but I have had lots of dreams all my life that actually came true! Reoccurring dreams I've had at like 10 years old are coming to past today/now. Every major thing that happens in my life, I've had at least 1 dream about in the past. A few weeks ago I had dreamed about a dog not on a leash with no owner around. It came near me but didn't seem to see me and didn't bother me. Then the other night I parked my car and a coyote was near by but didn't see me and I didn't see him at first. I quickly got into the house. I've had lots of dreams like that of things that actually happened. So God can speak to us through dreams. And not just dreams either. One time I was getting ready for work and the strangest feeling came over me that I can't explain, it was a weird heavy feeling like I was going to pass out. I said I'll go ahead and still make it to work because we were doing a shift bid and I wanted to get the best shift possible. As soon as I had said I'll still go in, the feeling got stronger and felt almost like a panic attack of some sort. So I said I better stay home, and the feeling immediately lifted like a light switch. A few minutes later I was like okay I feel better now, I'll go ahead and head to work, and the feeling came over me very strongly again like a light switch. I just knew and felt like if I leave out that door like I would pass out or something. So I decided to stay home and figure out what this was that was happening. So I called off and stayed home and the feeling never came back. Well later on that day I was watching the news, and right there on the corner of where I would have been waiting for the bus (I didn't have a car at that time), some drug addict or homeless person robbed and shot and killed a man that was opening his store at that time! It happened at like 10 minutes after I would have gotten there! So I would have been there first if I had gone to work and I would have been the victim! I said thank you Jesus for protecting me!
There are lots of dreams about places and events that I had dreams about before it happened. People's faces I've seen in dreams before meeting them for the first time. Every dream I remember, I write it down and keep track, that's how I know. I'll be like wait a minute, I dreamed about this and will check my dream book, and there it will be. God does speak through dreams. Some dreams I will think was just a dream, like the one about the dog, till it comes to pass then I'll realize that dream meant something. But I never know for sure which dreams mean something till they happen then I'll be like I dreamed about that. But some dreams I can just tell they have a meaning but some dreams I won't know till after it happens. The reoccurring dreams are always dreams from God for me though. I've never had a reoccurring dream that didn't come to pass.
Your dream life is rather interesting and vibrant 😎

I have had one or 2 dreams that come true. And when it involves someone else, the dream wont leave my soul so easy. I have learned to pray when I receive those kinds. I had evidence of the dreams coming true and learned to recognise the signs that hold my attention. The signs are eerie and I can't explain them but I would recognise them again if I had one.

Back