DRY BONES

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA

Are there times when you feel as though your life is like a bunch of dry, old bones? Do you feel you need the 'breath' of life to revive you?

Sometimes we may feel this way. We may get in a 'spiritual rut'. Everything seems to be just mechanical - going through the motions of everyday life. We feel our lives are like these dry, old bones mentioned in this passage.

What do we do about it? How can we be revived again? The answer, I think, could be found in v.4. Ezekiel was told to prophesy to these bones and say, "0 you dry bones, hear the word of the Lord."

Just sitting down each day skimming over the scriptures doesn't do anything. We just walk away exactly the same. We need to allow God's word to 'soak' us. We need to 'meditate' upon God's word and open our hearts to receive a 'word in season'. It's this that can bring true revival to our otherwise 'dried up, dreary lives'.

If we truly want to be ignited again, we need to allow the Lord to soak us with His word. He will breathe the 'Breath and Spirit' into our lives, and cause us to rise up and soar. He doesn't want us to be in a spiritual rut - being at ground level pecking with the chickens, but to rise up and soar with the eagles. It's your choice!

© By M.S.Lowndes

But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night. And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity]. - Psalm 1: 2-3 (AMP)

O Lord, I pray you'll breathe in me,
The breath that gives me life
I don't want to remain dry and empty,
But I long to be revived.

© By M.S.Lowndes

I believe the Lord showed me something once. The church is like a string of Christmas lights- on in a flash then off again. We desperately need His life and power; only at His lading can we experience and share resurrection life and power.

I believe the Lord showed me something once. The church is like a string of Christmas lights- on in a flash then off again. We desperately need His life and power; only at His lading can we experience and share resurrection life and power.

AMEN!!!

Back