Easier To Praise Jesus Than To Praise The Father

Anyone else have trouble with this also? I want to be able to praise the Father but it is so much harder for me. With Jesus it is easy, with the father not so much...I need help with this. With Jesus I know he wanted us to be saved, with the Father I feel like he is ready to throw us into Hell in a heartbeat. And also I get kinda ticked that he made humanity and the devil, I mean I know I don't understand everything, but it kinda sucks that we have to even suffer in the first place, and it was all so that we could praise him. It seems kinda egotistic. Idk i'm probably comparing him to my dad who thrived on praise and would beat me down whenever he felt like it. Maybe that's why it's hard for me to praise the Father, idk. Trust me I know the way i'm thinking isn't right, i'm not trying to start an argument, I just want help so I can see things the right way.

Last edited:
Jesus is the Word. He is God. God is the Father and the Son.

John 1:1;14 (NLT)
In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

14 So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.

Acts 20:28 (NLT)
“So guard yourselves and God’s people. Feed and shepherd God’s flock—his church, purchased with his own blood...

We all have imperfect fathers, and God the Father is here to tell you that He alone is the perfect Father. We need to always remind ourselves that our earthly fathers are not always a good representation of our heavenly Father and must always check our attitudes about that when we find we are allowing their imperfections colour our love for God. I have had to do that major adjustment in my own thinking as my own father was harsh with me and I always thought growing up that he never loved me. I had some hard work to do over the years to check my attitude about God loving me conditionally and accept His unconditional love and not only that, but to realize He is crazy about me! He's crazy about you, too!

Last edited:
kinda egotistic.

Praise originates from the speaker.

We give praise to, say a work of art. A work of art has no ego : )

How the speaker really intend to say is another thing: that is: is it a genuine praise or simply a flattery.

We (the speaker) gives praise because it justly belongs to the one being given praise.

That is: Praise is within the context of Justice.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Justice
The aim of justice is, as the Romans used to say, to give each his due, and in order for each to be given what is his, it is necessary that it already belong to him; to "give", in this sense, means to protect the right of possession. Each man gets "what belongs to him" in the course of voluntary exchanges that constitute the economic process, and, by virtue of the operation of the market, each receives for his contribution, precisely the amount that will impel him to increase the supply of the most urgently demanded commodities… Only when each man thereby gets what belongs to him, and someone wants to take it away from him, does a question of justice arise.

.....With Jesus I know he wanted us to be saved, with the Father I feel like he is ready to throw us into Hell in a heartbeat.
But the username you chose for this forum is "God is Love".....and you're absolutely right. I can see how a person can read scripture and believe that God has wanted to throw in the towel and give up on mankind. We were created in God's image and He can be come frustrated just like we can. However, I think you're missing the love of God as demonstrated in a few key verses. The most commonly quoted scripture in all the bible....John 3:16: Who loved the world?? God. Who gave up his son to save it? God.

In Mark 14:36, Jesus pleads with God to find another way to save mankind, but commits to fulfilling who's will??? God's will. It is God's will to save mankind. Jesus says, "I love you this much", and he stretched out his arms and he died. God says, "I love you this much", and he handed over His son.

Never doubt the love God has for you, my friend.

The Father can only be revealed by the Son, and the Son can only be revealed by the Father. Everything you know about Jesus came by way of the Father, through the Holy Spirit. It was the Father who planned salvation for man, and he is the one who sent forth his Son to acquire it for us. When Jesus speaks words they are coming forth from the Father. When the Holy Spirit speaks he is only speaking what he hears Jesus say. As Jesus said, "my Words are Spirit, and they are life" When God speaks all the God head speaks together, for they are all one, and agree in one. Remember Jesus said "what ever you ask the Father in my name he will give it you."

Anyone else have trouble with this also? I want to be able to praise the Father but it is so much harder for me. With Jesus it is easy, with the father not so much...I need help with this. With Jesus I know he wanted us to be saved, with the Father I feel like he is ready to throw us into Hell in a heartbeat. And also I get kinda ticked that he made humanity and the devil, I mean I know I don't understand everything, but it kinda sucks that we have to even suffer in the first place, and it was all so that we could praise him. It seems kinda egotistic. Idk i'm probably comparing him to my dad who thrived on praise and would beat me down whenever he felt like it. Maybe that's why it's hard for me to praise the Father, idk. Trust me I know the way i'm thinking isn't right, i'm not trying to start an argument, I just want help so I can see things the right way.

GiL

Good advice so far, God the Father is not like our earthly fathers, you must in faith receive that, believe it and then appropriate it into you own life, just like you did with the Gospel message.

Now, let's clear up some false doctrine, God doesn't throw anyone into the Lake of Fire, God is Love and God is Just and He is the Judge, just like in our Judicial system, judges pronounce the sentence and the bailiffs execute their orders.

So what do we do with this?

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Rev 20:15

Our faith, how much we build up here on earth will be our means of locomotion in Eternity.

...but the just shall live by his faith.Hab 2:4

Every time Jesus chided the disciples for their lack of faith it had to do with motion, Paul teaches us we are saved by grace through faith and that (faith) was given to us by the Father, Eph 2:8 ...very born again child of God starts out their new life 2 Cor 5:17 with faith the size of a grain of mustard and we are to build upon it, ...there are many verses throughout the New Testament that teach this, but you get the idea.

Then concluding from what we have learned a non-believer doesn't have any faith, they enter Eternity without any locomotion, so when the sentence is pronounced they are unable to move so the Angels are the ones that cast them into the Lake of Fire, just like the Angels are the ones who carry/transport their soul/spirit to Hell Luke 16 today to await the coming judgement.

Like I said, Father is Love and He is Good, I hope you will appropriate this truth deep
into your soul.

Blessings,

Gene

But the username you chose for this forum is "God is Love".....and you're absolutely right. I can see how a person can read scripture and believe that God has wanted to throw in the towel and give up on mankind. We were created in God's image and He can be come frustrated just like we can. However, I think you're missing the love of God as demonstrated in a few key verses. The most commonly quoted scripture in all the bible....John 3:16: Who loved the world?? God. Who gave up his son to save it? God.

In Mark 14:36, Jesus pleads with God to find another way to save mankind, but commits to fulfilling who's will??? God's will. It is God's will to save mankind. Jesus says, "I love you this much", and he stretched out his arms and he died. God says, "I love you this much", and he handed over His son.

Thanks everyone for responding, you all helped me out. It's easy for me to forget things when I'm going thru really bad stress. Lately my life has been more stressful than usual (and it's always been stressful) and I was starting to really feel the pain. I'm glad that you guys could remind me of some of the things I needed to remember. God bless you all.

There's no doubt in my mind that my username was given to me as a reminder. I really had no prior thoughts about it, I hadn't even heard of God is Love beforehand when I made my username, it came to me out of the blue as I was making my account.

Greetings;

Be patient....looks like the Divine Fatherhood,has to do a lot of ploughing and hoeing,the past...before asking you to dinner.

bye

Greetings;

Be patient....looks like the Divine Fatherhood,has to do a lot of ploughing and hoeing,the past...before asking you to dinner.

bye
Thank you for the response. I will be honest that your post irked me, but I don't believe you meant to make it that way. I want to point out to everyone that this post was embarrassing to me and I could have kept quiet and said nothing because I knew my viewpoint was wrong and I probably look like a huge hypocrite because of my username and this post, but I believe strongly in humility because 1. All of us are human beings and 2. We are all filled with sin and are going to fall from time to time.
Again I greatly appreciate that you all came to my aid when I was at a weak point and I will do the same for any of you in a heartbeat if I have to. I want this to be a lesson that you shouldn't hide your weaknesses because then they grow worse. Why do you think you experience embarrassment and shame? I'll tell you why, because it's the perfect way for the Devil to control you and make you worse! Main-point to this rant, show humility and don't judge others. God bless.

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all identical in character and nature. The Father is just as loving as Jesus. Jesus didn't die for us just because He loves us (although that is true), but because the Father loves us (John 3:16).

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all identical in character and nature. The Father is just as loving as Jesus. Jesus didn't die for us just because He loves us (although that is true), but because the Father loves us ().
Sent you a pm.

Last edited:
I don't. God the Father deserves praise for being a Father and not a 'god' only. God the Son deserves praise for the cross. The term 'God' as neither Father or Son deserves praise for making us. The only one we shouldn't praise is God the Holy Spirit. He reveals God the Son to us. God the Father we already know. God the Holy Spirit we don't know.

But KingJ, I give praise to Holy Spirit for His ministry in His people, and thank Him for His work in me that develops fruit in my life and brings fruit to the Kingdom. He is beautiful, as the Spirit of Christ.

Great to see such an honest post, God bless you...

But KingJ, I give praise to Holy Spirit for His ministry in His people, and thank Him for His work in me that develops fruit in my life and brings fruit to the Kingdom. He is beautiful, as the Spirit of Christ.
:) Yes, the Holy Spirit does a good job. I guess if praise remains as what you have stated its fine. But if it becomes praising / worship...

Context is what is missing for you. You have to understand the nature of humanity in the OT. Just read some of the terrible things they did. So God had to deal harshly with them, and set down strict laws. The laws of this so called "mean" God were meant for a hard hearted, wild, out of control people to teach and tame them over time. Grace was here then and grace is here now. Only the people changed over time and God dealt with them accordingly.

An example, however imperfect it may be, is how a parent raises a child from infant to adult. A good parent sets rules for the children to follow. You may have to be harsh with the child from time to time. A toddler may need a spanking or their hands smacked for trying to play with an electrical socket. A child who bites others needs to be stopped. When your child is in danger, steps need to be taken to minimize the risk and teach the child to avoid the hazards. Many times I thought my parents, especially my dad, were unfair and just plain mean. As an adult you see the need for what they did and are thankful they made the hard choices to teach discipline. All the while understanding that our dads are human and make mistakes, just like we do.

Parents sacrifice their treasure to help the child with college, a wedding, or other major choices and undertakings.

In the same way, God had to wait to send His Son until mankind was ready to understand His sacrifice and accept it. He was harsh with mankind at times because of their immaturity. Now that we have grown culturally beyond spending all our time procuring food, shelter, clothing and other basic needs, He can deal with us more philosophically, explaining the "why" so we will understand, rather than the "because I said so" way of dealing with children who are lacking the ability to comprehend the "why".

Context is what is missing for you. You have to understand the nature of humanity in the OT. Just read some of the terrible things they did. So God had to deal harshly with them, and set down strict laws. The laws of this so called "mean" God were meant for a hard hearted, wild, out of control people to teach and tame them over time. Grace was here then and grace is here now. Only the people changed over time and God dealt with them accordingly.

An example, however imperfect it may be, is how a parent raises a child from infant to adult. A good parent sets rules for the children to follow. You may have to be harsh with the child from time to time. A toddler may need a spanking or their hands smacked for trying to play with an electrical socket. A child who bites others needs to be stopped. When your child is in danger, steps need to be taken to minimize the risk and teach the child to avoid the hazards. Many times I thought my parents, especially my dad, were unfair and just plain mean. As an adult you see the need for what they did and are thankful they made the hard choices to teach discipline. All the while understanding that our dads are human and make mistakes, just like we do.

Parents sacrifice their treasure to help the child with college, a wedding, or other major choices and undertakings.

In the same way, God had to wait to send His Son until mankind was ready to understand His sacrifice and accept it. He was harsh with mankind at times because of their immaturity. Now that we have grown culturally beyond spending all our time procuring food, shelter, clothing and other basic needs, He can deal with us more philosophically, explaining the "why" so we will understand, rather than the "because I said so" way of dealing with children who are lacking the ability to comprehend the "why".
I appreciate your response. I might be interpreting your post differently than you meant it because I am more sensitive to this, but i'm getting the impression that you think most people are born with the type of father you described? Personally I think that is an unfair assumption because I for example wasn't that lucky. I know a lot of other people have had it worse than me, but unless you consider being attacked and constantly put down loving gestures, my scenario still wasn't very great. In regards to this thread's topic, I now am able to praise God the Father just as easily as Jesus :). I was under a lot of stress when I put up this thread and it was very hard for me to think clearly. I agree to honor your parents, I still feel like I have a long way to go in regards to my relationship with my dad and getting over past feelings, but i'm working on it.

Last edited:
I think it is easier to praise Jesus because for many of us we feel closer to him than do we to God. We see images of Jesus and we have descriptions of him in the Bible. Many of us are taught (by design or accidentally) that God is further off, more unreachable than Jesus is so we don't feel as close to him - so it is easier to and I think many of us reach for Jesus before we reach for God.

We shouldn't though...for the realm of God is greater than is the realm of Jesus. :X3:

Back