Edit PDF

Edit PDF

I have 2 pdf documents. One is 4mb and the other 2.5mb
These are for a church leaflet and I need to make a minor change to the text on them due to an address change.
I have been searching for a (free) utility that will allow me to do this.
So far I have drawn a blank. Does anyone have any suggestions?
thanks

Thanks I will try them. I have tried PDF Hammer but it will only rearrange or remove pages not change text on a page.

I will try the others.

Thank You

OK I have looked at SnapFiles but that does not offer the editing facility.

SurgeForge looks great but requires a machine running Linux not windows.

Looks like I may have to download and install Open Office but before I do has anyone used this feature in that prog?

I used to use open office for pdf editing also.

The other day I was browsing through the firefox browser plug ins & add ons and I think I saw a pdf editor. You may try going to the mozilla firefox site and searching their plug ins and add ons for it.

Yes but as this is a one-off thing and I am only needing to help the church by changing a few lines of text in 2 documents it hardly seems worth it.

I am going to try the Firefox add-on.

Nothing is natively created in pdf format. Can't you get ahold of the original documents?

Otherwise, Adobe Acrobat Pro or Adobe Illustrator are the primary tools used to edit pdfs.

Try Ambert Lit converter. I use it to convert anything to a format that my Palm can read...but there's so many other options in there. You can convert just about anything to anything else.

PDF to .doc would give you a document that you can easily edit. If my internal memory device (brain) serves me correctly, Amber Lit does this, too.

And best of all, I'm sure you'll agree, is that it's absolutely free.

A double thanks Duran. I really appreciate the offer to do it for me. That is really kind.
I have just looked at Amber and it seems that their Amber PDF Converter is just the job. And Free for a 30 day trial and as I only have to convert 2 pages that is more than enough so many thanks. I will download it and give it a try.

House, there is a sign on my office door at work: Beware of Attack Computer Whiz!;)

It's bragging, I know...but someone got it for me and it made me laugh and feel good about myself.

Your pdf was not your average pdf. I'd like to meet the person who created it one day and shake his hand for that challenge...whew!:eek:

For the record, even Adobe says that Acrobat is not intended to edit PDF files. Adobe says to use the originating application to make changes to the document.

Back